• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 22, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 22, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 22, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 22, 2019)

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Community Update (22/10)

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    Original Elite Running on my old BBC Model B

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    I made it! Here's to 4 Billion!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    Oh hey I found another bubble.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 09:22 PM PDT

    I forgot how amazing this game is

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:20 AM PDT

    Dream ship bought

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    I searched HD 140283 and got this system. Link to article in comments, oldest star discovered in the galaxy

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    Same planet from a different angle screenshot this time

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    [SERIOUS] [PS4] Requesting help locating CMDR. NOT a witch hunt.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 03:28 AM PDT

    Dear community,

    I need help finding my console friend. Played together until he went off the grid, blocking any means of contact with him. His PSN nick is T_L_R_31. I assume this friend of mine attempted suicide, but I would like to prove myself wrong and think it's smth I did instead.

    So, if you are on console and spot this nickname in two hotspots of his - Diaguandri or Shinrarta Dezhra, please do a screen and get back to me. It hurts loosing your friends this way.

    submitted by /u/Andrei_Sparrow
    [link] [comments]

    Station & Earth Like World

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    Thanks, Auto-dock, very cool.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:24 PM PDT

    [GUIDE] Get engineers unlocked and good blueprints pinned!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    I invite you to have look at this page - it is a copy of a great reddit guide called "Fox's step-by-step Guide to Unlocking Engineers Quickly", that i have added my own findings and layout to. Most notably, after u/DownToEarthAstronomy released a super usefull YT video named "Which blueprints should you pin?", I made links that if you click the "Pin this:" header at each engineer in the guide, you will land at the point in the video, where D2EA explains the reason for his blueprint pinning-choise for the engineer in question.

    If you have suggestions to make my copy of the guide better, or find 'bugs' or errors, please let me know so I can update it.

    I hope this can aid new CMDRs during the grind to getting the engineers unlocked AND blueprints pinned!

    All credits for the original guide goes to u/El_Burninator.

    Update 22-10-19 14:10
    More information on blueprint pinning is avilable in the "Blueprint Pinning Guide and Overall Engineering" - thanks to __SpeedRacer__ for the headsup on this :-)

    submitted by /u/DaneMonnik
    [link] [comments]

    What is that? Stars aligned in a line?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 11:10 AM PDT

    The Eagle [Elite Dangerous]

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 04:05 AM PDT

    Return from the void

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    Please help! I'm in a sticky situation and I don't know what to do

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    I'm on my first mission outside of pilot federation space. It's a courier job, from the first place they send you to outside the starting area (Vanishi market?). I need to go to Ferguson Gateway in the LTT 9387 system.

    Thing is, it's 11 jumps. I have the starter ship. I thought I could stop off at a station on the way to refuel. But none of the systems I've been through have any stations. Also I took some damage from getting too close to a star on one of the jumps.

    So now I'm still 7 jumps away from LTT 9387, and very low on fuel. And damaged. I'm in a system called Crucis Sector TO-R A4-1. There's nothing much here (apart from a very pretty tiny blue star that looks like a diamond). My next jump was supposed to be to Crucis Section TO-R A4-0, but my navigation pane says 'Low Fuel'.

    This is my first proper mission and already it's a bloody disaster. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to get myself out of this mess?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/GrowCastler
    [link] [comments]

    What is your motivation to still play Elite?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    Hey,

    so the fleet carriers have been delayed and I started to ask myself why I'm still playing this game? I mean I have no real objective...

    I wanted to build an AX Krait mk II and the engineering is a Nightmare. I mean WHY THE F are there only like 25 engineers in the entire Galaxy. And why are they so far apart? Can't there just be an engineering space station or something with all engineers?!? And why do I have to grind for those grade 5 materials just by flying into certain star systems you find by using external Websites und looking for high grad emission data when there is a galactic market for goods. I have several millions, why can't I just buy those materials?!? I think you could expect such a market in the 34th century...

    I also have an Jumpaconda and just visited Sagittarius A for the first time. I spent like 6 hours on the neutron highway just to see this digital space curving thing?!? I could have done so many other things... I know you could say "But those are realistic distances" but I wanna play a game and don't work...

    And then there's the Painite grind... The only lucrative way I know to get a lot of money. It's simply bullsh*t

    My main problem is that you spend too much time just stupidly flying around or shooting rocks with lasers. So what's your motivation to still play this game? Did I miss something or do you disagree with me? And what's your objective? I'd like to hear your opinions 👍

    submitted by /u/W8ingInTheSky
    [link] [comments]

    Not the most breathtaking capture, but this is my first long trip out of the bubble!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 04:17 AM PDT

    Welcome to Hell Port CMDR!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    Earth like with rings! This was about 4k away from sagittarius a

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 04:08 AM PDT

    Your weird ship builds!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 04:51 AM PDT

    Ships which do jobs which they weren't meant to do.What are yours?

    For example : I'm currently in an imperial courier with a jump range of 48ly and 6000ish ly away from sol and it has 3a enchanced performance thrusters and can boost to 740ish , yes it was built from the ground up to be an explorer, is it weird that my explorer is a imperial courier, yes. Is it weird my explorer can boost to 740 yes, but that's the beauty and fun of being in a weird ship!

    submitted by /u/Soap646464
    [link] [comments]

    This is one hell of a nebula!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 01:46 PM PDT

    the cost of an elite npc

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 12:01 AM PDT

    assuming each npc has to kill 500 npcs of same rank to rank up, and each of those npcs had to do the same to get that rank. (and there is no bypassing the fact combat rank is more a kill counter than a skill scale) every elite npc has killed 4000 other npcs with their own hands doesn't seem like much, does it ? but in total, as all his victims had to rank up themselves too, the death count for every single elite rank npc is at about 3 906 250 000 000 000 000 000 in january 12 3303 there was a npc population of 6 632 313 733 791

    that means every elite npc costed the lives of 588 972 439 times the total population of the galaxy

    now in 3305 total npc population is a reported 6 632 507 957 456

    TLDR conclusion : npcs aren't even rabbits, they reproduce as fast as ants

    submitted by /u/DaraTheNeko
    [link] [comments]

    Some boring maths

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    If we take an 84ly Conda. If we were able to travel in hyperspace indefinitely with enough fuel, we would travel a distance of 530,138ly in a day.

    Millennium Falcon could manage 25,000.

    Safe to say our hyper drives are a little better 😏

    o7

    submitted by /u/TomGreenMan
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes I want to feel pretty

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:06 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment