• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 10, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "This is your captain speaking, please note you may experience some turbulence or other related issues due to the captain figuring out how to watch movies whilst transporting you" VR screenshot.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:44 AM PST

    This game really hates me.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:43 AM PST

    Cmdr TikTak watches the Fleet Carrier jumping in

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:01 AM PST

    Just flew in from Hutton, and boy are my arms tired...

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:26 PM PST

    I think my Anaconda is sick. She can’t stop sneezing, little help?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:44 AM PST

    Riding the Neutron highway

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 09:01 AM PST

    FINAL. Let the party start!! [OC]

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:51 AM PST

    A pink gas giant with dark green spots. I don't know if these are rare, but my first time seeing one and looked really interesting.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 09:57 AM PST

    I feel small

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:40 PM PST

    Forgot your limpets did ya? I forgot my whole SRV bay.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:19 AM PST

    Here I am about 10,000 LY into my lazy journey to Colonia. I planned to jump about using only the in game tools, take my time, and see some sights. Definitely going to do some surface mining and exploration as I begin to approach where the stars get dense.

    So I finally decided to stop and land at a planet with geological sites and... I can't deploy? Why not? Ohhhhhhh, dammit... I never reinstalled the srv bay after taking it out for cargo space doing trade around the bubble. Sigh.

    submitted by /u/fightnbluehen
    [link] [comments]

    Feel like building AX skill is finally somewhat worth the effort after the payout buff.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:58 AM PST

    Out on a month long sight seeing expedition with people who I can safely assume are friendly... maybe too friendly?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:52 PM PST

    Mystery Signal near Colonia (?)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:41 AM PST

    Mystery Signal near Colonia (?)

    o7 Commanders!

    Background: Two months ago CMDR GraphicEqualizer (u/DisillusionedBook) made this post in which he described his method and findings of the mysterious signal heard when you pointing your ship towards SagA* (far away from anything and with thrusters off in normal space).

    So I decided to investigate this myself and headed towards the center of the galaxy. From time to time I listened and watched the spectrogram and the result was the same as CMDR GraphicEqualizer described.

    Last week I reached Colonia as a detour to do some tourism around Colonia.

    New Signal (?): I was in Sovereign's Reach when I started listening the background sounds with Audacity's spectrogram function pointing towards SagA*. What I found was something totally different, there were a lot of different types of waves and sounds, including the sounds described in CMDR GraphicEqualizer 's post.

    From there I decided to move away from Colonia, as I thought it was interference from the colonized systems, so I traveled to Dryode Prou VE-Q D5-1491 and the result was the same.

    I then went "up" to Screake EG-Y G1983 and the result was the same. I then decided to point towards different places in the Galaxy, like Colonia, Merope, a random system far up "north" and another random system far "west". I got cleaner sounds and images, confirming CMDR GraphicEqualizer's hypothesis, that they were 2 different sets of signals and it probably doesnt have any relation with SagA* background signal.

    I will now post some screenshots and caption them with how I personally named them.

    Note: I doubt this signals are interference from nearby planets and stars, as I recorded this very far away from anything.

    https://preview.redd.it/hbm1nxs1amg61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=5533d18c5909150acb4bddae71820876f5f3cf4d

    Whistle

    This sounds like a metallic whistle and its the most recognizable of them all.

    End - Start

    This is a modified version of the Whistle signal and i use it as a reference.

    Ship

    Swan

    Wow

    Doppler

    Notable 1

    Person

    I dont know, in the last one I see a person.

    Conclusion: I may be wrong and this has been solved or it is absolutely nothing notable or unique about this, but I've tried to search about this and found nothing.

    I believe this needs some more investigating, as I strongly believe this isn't in any way, shape or form a natural signal.

    What do you guys think? Something I should try? Is this relevent in any capacity?

    PD: Here is a link to the original recordings (in audacity format), a clear version in WAV format and all screenshots I made. link

    Edit 1: English is not my first language, so sorry if some things are not clear enough.

    Its interesting to note that I pick this sounds and images not only facing towards SagA* but at every direction, nonetheless there are some direction from which the signals seems to be stronger. Right now im headed "north" from Dryode Prou VE-Q D5-1491 to see if i can pinpoint the source of the signal, or at least to get a clearer version of it, as my hypothesis is that it is distorted.

    You can help by analyzing the background sounds with a spectrogram and try to pinpoint the source or you could try to pinpoint the boundaries of the area in which you can hear the signal.

    Edit 2: Thanks /u/Maelou711 and /u/GruntildaPidgeon for the silver <3

    Edit 3: I discovered that pointing at different locations makes the background pulsating sound stronger. Decided to leave this lead for later as now im getting much stronger signals from a certain direction (northwest the galaxy).

    Edit 4: I might be closing in the source, the signal is mucho more potent and the different sample are more frecuent. Even

    https://preview.redd.it/2cmk0mn8mog61.png?width=1593&format=png&auto=webp&s=0466741dc625dd5f91b0e712c54fbb3ac390faa8

    submitted by /u/Arthier
    [link] [comments]

    Beautiful class V orbiting a neutron star.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:25 PM PST

    First big trip out of the bubble

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 10:29 AM PST

    One of those moments where you just look up and go “woah.”

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:28 PM PST

    Finally

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 09:50 AM PST

    So we can land on it with Odyssey ? ��

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:03 PM PST

    Time to head back to the bubble after collecting the materials I need, came across some truly stunning sights that can make some amazing wallpapers.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:32 AM PST

    "You cant hear pictures" whatever

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:29 PM PST

    o7 little buddy. You did your job well. ��

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:24 PM PST

    [Galnet] Takeover of Lakon Spaceways Declared Illegal

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:24 AM PST

    It still baffles my mind that there aren’t things like a Hutton mug for your cockpit....I’d actually pay for it...many would

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:53 AM PST

    Even if i have to unlock it by flying there and then still would have to pay the usual arx price. I would freakin do it! Hear me frontier!? I would pay you money! Whats more awesome than decorating your ship with accessories that relate to milestones you've reached ?! Glad that there are at least decals for cool missions and stuff. Mild Rant over

    submitted by /u/IOpaFritzI
    [link] [comments]

    My brand new clipper and a massive solar flare. Looked magnificent in VR!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:30 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment