• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 14, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 14, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 14, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 14, 2019)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Cargo Bay Full of Opals, This is Fine

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:36 PM PST

    Cute little Cobra MK III I drew after watching some Kurzgesagt videos.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 09:09 PM PST

    Got first mapped for the first time! Super hyped to keep exploring!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:51 AM PST

    Another quiet day under the stars on Golconda

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:34 AM PST

    Finally decided to visit Earth. Picked up a new desktop background as a souvenir while I was there.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:28 PM PST

    I got scanned by the Fuel Rat helping me and received a bounty because I borrowed something. What I learned is that crime does not pay...

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:45 PM PST

    Sooo... Funny story...

    I recently bought a Fer De Lance because i was pretty pissed off from the fact that my Type-9 was constantly getting pirated by mostly other players and blown up in Upaniklis and decided to retaliate. At first i kinda only went for bounties to learn the ropes of combat. This went on for about two days before i was blown up trice in Upaniklis by players while attempting to deliver bounty vouchers. So today i ended up in an anarchy system and saw an NPC Type-9 flying around and said "Hell, why not".

    I became the very thing I swore to destroy

    I kinda chased it around 3 systems, without even knowing what it was carrying, before blowing up its FSD and Cargo Hold. To my surprise, it was carrying nine low temperature diamonds (but i could only carry 4), so i just let the Type 9 fuck off while i was filling up diamonds. It was a happy day and i went on (edit: to attempt) to sell those diamonds. One wrap to an uninhabited system later, i had no fuel.

    Karma is a bitch, eh?

    This has never happened to me before, so i decided to call the Fuel Rats (great guys btw) for the first time. Which wasn't quite hard considering their website is structured like a cab or Uber response system. Two guys came about 2-3 minutes later and helped out. As i was talking to them, one of them scanned me... And lo and behold: A 600.000 credit bounty...

    Karma is truly a bitch x2

    For a moment i thought to myself: "Well u/OuzoRants... this is the end i guess... A bounty and 4 Diamonds? Who wouldn't take up that offer". There was only one scan which means the other guy didn't know anything... To my surprise no shots were fired and i thanked them and left after a short chat. I thought that would be the end of it but authorities caught me at the Starport Gates and blew me up.

    Karma is a bitch x3

    My first ever piracy and what a piracy it was...

    Remember kids... Crime does not pay...

    Mini question: Are certain players registered as system authorities because i think that player did an "authority scan" or something (maybe i am mistaken). Or does any kind of scan grant you a bounty if you carry illicit cargo?

    submitted by /u/OuzoRants
    [link] [comments]

    All Frontier Roadmap Leaks from 2019 have been confirmed

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 01:53 PM PST

    Original leak from the /r/pcgaming subreddit.

    Latest Jurassic World Evolution DLC has been confirmed here.


    Current Projects:

    • Planet Coaster
    • Jurassic World Evolution (Project Nero)

      • DLC - New DLC will contain Acrocanthosaurs, Proceratosaurus and Herrerasaurus.
      • DLC - July will be a "Claire Dearing" DLC that will introduce a Safari Truck Ride, Paleo Botany (growing plants for food in the feeder). Mission will be to save the dinosaurs from Nublar and move to Sanctuary island (partially announced). New dinosaurs are Albertosaurus, Ouranosaurus and one more. There is some decoration coming.
      • DLC - December will be a 1993 pack with Nublar and Sorna. Classic Jeep track ride to get around. Missions will be to get JP back online.
    • Elite Dangerous (Project Watson)

      • Space legs. FPS style gameplay.
      • Thargoids in the flesh that look very Starship Trooper-like (Possible concept art - Source)
      • Base building.
      • Coming end of 2020 (already known)

    New projects:

    • Planet Zoo (Project Darwin) - Announcing this month or next. Releasing October. PC only based on Planet Coaster. Cool weather effects. DLC packs every 3 months or so with the first being around December.

    • Jurassic World Evolution 2 (Project Galileo) - This is the "new" IP that was mentioned recently. Just a sequel to JWE. Releasing 2021.

    • Planet Coaster 2 (Project Einstein) - In talks with Disney about licensing. Not much info on this yet.

    • Project Marconi - A real time strategy game. Man v Machine and Lego Star Wars are both being worked on.

    • Jurassic World Survival. A Jurassic World themed survival game. Not much info on this at the moment.

    submitted by /u/ChristianM
    [link] [comments]

    350 hours and this game still blows me away. Truly a work of art

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:42 AM PST

    Just having a quick smoke in the loading area after a long flight in my hauler. ��

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:01 PM PST

    Golconda, view from inside the Dome

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 01:00 PM PST

    Roughly 28,000 Ls to my destination. Don't even mind the travel time.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:02 AM PST

    Python overlooking Brown Dwaf

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:52 PM PST

    Why Cobra mk3 is OP?!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:13 AM PST

    Four days of grinding from Rank 7 to Rank 12 has sparked the beginning of the HSRV Crescent Rose, the brand new edition to the Hull Seals Fleet, and a long standing goal of mine to fulfill

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:25 AM PST

    Gotta give it to Frontier Support.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:06 AM PST

    Had a rather bad incident on Monday afternoon doing some simple FedEx missions in my home system.

    1.) Interdicted by an NPC 'Conda. Dangerous rated. Didn't even get a chance to try to evade, I simply was pulled out of super cruise.

    2.) My ship (a mostly A-rated Python), was destroyed in 4 hits. From full C-rated bi-weaves, a hull reinforcement and military composite... Four.

    3.) The game then crashed hard and locked up requiring me to hard reboot my system. I couldn't even alt-tab out of Elite, or bring up Task Manager.

    4.) When I rebooted and got into the game I was in the starter system LHS 3447, which was over 370 LY from my "home system"... Oh and my ship? The Sidewinder....

    Needless to say I was a bit shaken up. My 57 million space buck Python was gone... like gone gone. Never even had a chance to claim insurance (I had more than enough to cover the 2.7 million space buck buy back)...

    Put a ticket in Monday.... ship recovered by Support today...

    Phew...

    submitted by /u/Evil_Merlin
    [link] [comments]

    After almost two years playing elite I had my first negative experience playing in open. Getting ganked without warning kinda sucks and I’m glad I had enough for the anaconda rebuy. Back on the grind in my python, still playing in open. Fly safe! o7

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:19 AM PST

    Any fellow Canadian commanders w/ a 3d printer? (X52 Pro spring plate)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:47 PM PST

    Just wondering if there is anyone in Canada with a 3d printer willing to print and snail-mail me one of these:

    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2405980

    Willing to pay whatever you think is fair. There are these ones for sale on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Saitek-X52-or-Saitek-X52-pro-Spring-Tension-Adjustment-Plates-EASY-INSTALL-/291839662171

    however reading the reviews they don't appear to be the X52 Pro specific version with the added room for the inner spring. Also they're out of the states and don't want to pay $40+ for a little piece of plastic that could fit in a letter envelope that isn't even the proper version for the pro.

    Thanks! o7

    submitted by /u/Hawqra
    [link] [comments]

    SUCH a simple and extremely effective deep core mining trick!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 01:26 PM PST

    I'm relatively new to elite and adore it and my most recent escapade has been going deeper and deeper into deep core mining......its been very deep! I've like everyone with a gram of sense have avidly been watching YouTube vids and reading posts and they are brilliant but I've never heard this said and I found it out by accident (I'm very sure many 'vets' will do this without thinking so it's more for the newcomer)

    When you explode a core asteroid there are many many small fragments in the cloud that cause loads of damage to you're shields/ship......they are a right pain in the a**! However......just shoot them with you're abrasion blaster!! They don't blow up but you push them out of the way. On my AspX I've actually got five abrasion blasters on the go (there is apparently a view that it helps the yield) and they make short work of any obstacles. Like I said in the title......such a simple thing but I've not heard that on any vid for example. I suppose it's common sense but it wasn't to me.

    One last tip if you are fed up of over mined depleted Void hotspots then.....

    Go to near uncharted areas on the edge of the bubble. Select A class stars only and plot a route 200lys away. On every jump scan and use FSS (money for that as well) and before you know it you'll have you're own little private system. Can take a while but they are all pristine and I've several such places now. NB .....take the best A grade fuel scoop possible! Happy hunting.

    submitted by /u/ChunkyJim75
    [link] [comments]

    Confused? Lost? Looking for advice? We're here to help!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:48 AM PST

    Good day to you, Commander.

    I am the leader and founder of Tower of Knowledge, an established group of players dedicated to helping others. As many of you may know, Elite Dangerous is an easy game to get lost in, or to suffer an endless loop of grinding for money. While we will give you tips and tricks on money-earning, it isn't our main focus. We, as a collective, seek to create a friendly environment for all types of players by providing advice suited to the player first and foremost.

    You may claim that being a part of such a guild is a fleeting effort, as members come and go, most of which will inevitably be new players. There is possibly no way we could have an influence in the game like this! In truth, we do not strive to be the most wide-spread of all factions, to manipulate Powerplay, or to become PvP gods. We simply teach others, so that they may one day become these great players, maybe thanks to our help that kept them playing the game, and we take great pride in that.

    We boast over a 100 members on our Discord server across all platforms where Elite is available. Discord is our primary hub, but we do co-op gameplay on PC and console alike. You can hop in, ask a question and you will recieve an answer. You can also ask for in-game help, which - depending on your system- will most likely be conducted with one of our verified guides.

    I encourage all players, both experienced and new, to join our Discord server.

    If you have any questions, about us or about the game, and don't wish to join the server in the first place, you may add me either on Discord: Crimson#8332; or on Steam. Or you can simply leave a question in the comments here!

    Fly safe, Commanders.

    submitted by /u/Kirrow01
    [link] [comments]

    My Road to Riches

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 03:22 PM PST

    I decided to go buy myself the Mug. And I'll be getting that Anaconda. o7

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 06:55 AM PST

    Type-9 or Type-10 for mining?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:11 PM PST

    What advantages if any are there to using either one of them over the other for mining?

    I have a T-10 and think it probably offers more hardpoint flexibility but that is not so much a consideration for me as module slots and cargo capacity. I am currently mining using a Corvette but if one of the T-types can haul more cargo with the same number of mining modules I might switch. Thanks for your feedback. o7

    submitted by /u/JetsonRING
    [link] [comments]

    Fly safe cmdrs o7

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:10 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment