• Breaking News

    Friday, January 17, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 17, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 17, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 17, 2020)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How do I drop my "secretive" passengers into a black hole?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:36 PM PST

    Note: Title does not represent a serious request for information.

    I hauled a "Famous Explorer" out 22,000 light years to the Dryau Awesomes. She was offering 50 million credits, and the exploration rewards would probably quadruple that. It took four days of focused jumping, several hours a day, to get there.

    She got the data she wanted.

    We got scanned by a pirate.

    She cancelled the mission, and threatened to eject if I couldn't get her to a station in 30 minutes.

    30 minutes.

    From THE FUCKING DRYAU AWESOMES.

    I made fucking certain I was within 30 Mm of the event horizon when she ejected.

    Enjoy the next universe, you fucking scammer.

    submitted by /u/CaseyG
    [link] [comments]

    33Ls from class F star. Never seen one like this though.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:58 AM PST

    The symmetry of the nature

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:15 AM PST

    Eyes in the Dark (twin A-Class stars)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:41 AM PST

    Hunting the Guardian FSD. This game is stunningly beautiful

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Thargoid Material

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    Bad idea try to land on a planet with 4 times the gravity of the earth

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 01:59 PM PST

    Alniyat

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Two ELW, undiscovered, orbiting each other. The beauty and excitement of exploration is addicting!

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 11:09 AM PST

    Since wing mining was fixed the other day, I wanted to blow up rocks in my Cobra so my fiancé could collect it and make a few bucks. At last the rings aren't so lonely anymore...

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Lost in a sandbox. Ideas what to do after i already did or at least tried everything?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 09:55 AM PST

    After almost 3 years of playing this game, and countless hours of flying this ship...TIL the Anaconda has a 3rd co-pilot seat in that little glass canopy bridge under the front nose of the ship! I've honestly never noticed this before.....

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:02 PM PST

    To the Commander from Krefeld, Germany I saw yesterday - Yes, you with 555 on your license plate and with the Lakon & Delacy Sticker on the back your white car

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Eclipse

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:13 PM PST

    Hegaa CN-U c3-15 4 b a (Geo site 9)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:39 PM PST

    Is this jump range enough for an Explorvette?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:35 AM PST

    Gas giants make for great sunrises.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:20 PM PST

    Not unique to other sights I've seen in this reddit, but always great to land on places like this to spend the night!

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:47 PM PST

    Boost

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:15 PM PST

    Being pirated 51.8k Ly from Sol.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Experimenting with thargoid tech

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:37 AM PST

    Hello CMDR's

    So, I'm a bit late to the whole Thargoid party, but I've been doing a bit of research into what other people have been doing with the Thargoid stuff and it's caught my imagination. I realise that I'm probably two years late at this point and that people much cleverer than me have probably already exhausted every avenue of research, however I thought I'd like to have a go at figuring stuff out.

    Now, my brain in comparison to the ones used by the people who decoded the images/sounds, is tiny, but I had a few ideas on things that could be tested. It's possible that some, if not all of the things I want to test, have been done already - so forgive me if I'm treading old ground.

    I've managed to bag myself a Probe, Link and Sensor and am hoping to test the following:

    1: The image (https://canonn.science/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/unknown.png) which I believe is contained within the audio files you get from scanning the Thargoid machine after activating it, show's the three artifacts, as well as binary representations of 1,2,3 above them - which effectively numbers them. So, test 1: what happens if you deploy all three in space at the same time, and honk at each one in order as displayed on the diagram?

    1. The thargoid machine gives you (3) identical audio files when you scan it after activating. Why 3? If they are identical, why not just give you a single audio file? I suggest this is a clue. So test 2: Deploy all three artifacts in space at one time and play each device a different audio clip - starting with the order depicted in the diagram.

    1. From what I understand, dropping a Thargoid scanner near a planet can be used to scan that planet - which the probe then transmits somewhere. Since guardian tech reacts violently in the machine... Test 3: what happens if you use a Thargoid scanner to scan a world that has guardian structures/ruins on it? Does it send different data? Summon an attack? Do nothing? Worth a try I think.

    1. Putting guarding tech in the Thargoid machine causes it to go crazy for about five minutes. Why five minutes? Perhaps this is to give you time to do something else? The scavengers attack you - which could just be because they've identified you as a guardian, or it could be to slow you down from doing something else. So, Test 4: Put some guardian tech in the machine, make it freak out and then leave the base. Is anything happening outside while this freakout is happening? Perhaps another inaccessible part of the structure opens up for example?

    Test 4a) While the device is freaking out, explore the rest of the thargoid structure - does anything change in any of the other rooms? Do more rooms become available?

    Test 4b) The center of the room becomes dangerous - perhaps you're supposed to go there and do something without being destroyed - at this point, I have no idea what that could be.

    Test 4c) When I was at the base grabbing the link, I noticed some Thargoid biological material you could pick up. If you make the machine angry with guardian tech, do the scavengers react differently if you have some of this in your cargo? Does that allow you to get closer to the machine or do something different? Does it think you're a Thargoid for example?

    These are just a few of the ones I can think of now. Please let me know if any of these have been tested before and what the outcome was. If anyone has any other ideas for things to test then let me know! If anyone wants to test any of the above then feel free and let us know what happens!

    Thanks guys!

    o7

    EDIT: UPDATE

    Okay, so I visited a Thargoid Machine on HIP 14909 and activated it. However, I only received two logs in my inbox, not three as I expected - and for some reason they don't play. Unknown at this point if this is intended or a bug.

    https://youtu.be/kNCBJ6BRZM8

    Other testing: Threw all three devices out at the same time, they seemed to chatter with each other, but I didn't detect anything that was new. At one point I jettisoned a Link and I'm sure it made some new noise, however I wasn't recording at the time and I could not replicate the noise. Either I imagined it, or there is some special condition under which it will do something different.

    Put all devices out at once and honked them, sent two of them flying off after the prob zapped me - had to chase them down to recover them! Nothing new happened that I could see.

    Testing continues.

    submitted by /u/CMDR_WHITESNAKE
    [link] [comments]

    Tempting, but I'm not going anywhere near that planet ...

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:27 PM PST

    I like helping new players

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 11:14 AM PST

    I realize most people who bother join this sub reddit are experienced in the game, but leaving it out here, if you are new and want to play with someone who enjoys walking people through the experience I'm your lad!

    On a side note, I find newbie helping to be one of the most fun and least talked about activities in the game. I enjoy being the antithesis to the ganker! Also I'd be happy to hear about your stories about helping the random new player in Elite.

    Edit: yes sorry I am on PC, but if you are consol and have questions, I'd be happy to give my input.

    submitted by /u/mattjouff
    [link] [comments]

    SRV Exploration

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 01:07 PM PST

    A Year of Elite - Day #13: Out in the darkness, CMDR Pendragon had the honour of being the first to see this beautiful ringed world

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 01:21 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment