• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 15, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 15, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 15, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 15, 2020)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    120 inches of hyperspace.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:07 AM PST

    Happy Valentine's Day silly humans!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:50 PM PST

    Frontier...this is so boring!! Bring back the cool stories! It was like the galaxy’s newspaper and made the world feel more alive! Sure, we had stories we thought that would lead to cool stuff that ultimately went nowhere, but they were cool! Now we got nothing! Bring back the cool stories!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Crevie's Salvo - Asteroid Base

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:00 AM PST

    Took a trip to Sol, stopped by to say hi to the old man.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:01 PM PST

    Okinura Sprint Challenge - New fastest time - 2:03 :)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:24 AM PST

    There you are, you wiggly bastards.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:33 AM PST

    Did I install the wrong update?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 05:48 PM PST

    Procedural Generation: Programming The Universe

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:08 AM PST

    You did what with my Donation?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 08:20 AM PST

    Some planetary outposts look quite nice

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 06:22 AM PST

    Krait to be docking in stations again for a while.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:43 AM PST

    Cool blue glow illumination from Ancient Artifact.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 10:09 AM PST

    I guess I can take my time with leaving the station.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:41 PM PST

    12 nebula in a picture.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 09:25 AM PST

    "Reaper" at TolaGarf's Junkyard

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:56 PM PST

    Purple

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Thought i was a goner... just crispy

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:06 PM PST

    First 5k LY trip outside the bubble, just a dolphin and a newb.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 11:50 AM PST

    Just got elite dangerous last friday. After spending a few days getting used to controls and mechanics and grinding rep, I decided to take a little expedition outside the bubble to see if I could find any undiscovered systems and get my name on a few. I stripped the passenger cabins and cargo from my dolphin and kitted it up as an exploration ship with the essentials and set a course for a system a little over 5k out. I wanted to avoid the major nebula hotspots between me and my destination to improve my chances of finding undiscovered systems so I took a bit of a curved path while dropping as low on the star plane as I could get with my FSD range (about 33ly).

    After I got out about 1k, I started just tripping over undiscovered systems and once I reached 2k, it was nothing but undiscovered systems. I found maybe a handful that had been already tagged between 2k out and my destination system. It was so relaxing, just hopping from system to system, honking, scanning out the planets, and tracking down the valuable ones with the surface scanner. Exploration is such a zen experience, just me, several seasons of the Welcome to Nightvale podcast, and a vast void of space.

    By the time I reached my destination, I'll admit I was getting a bit space crazy though. I had attempted a landing on a planet without checking gravity and hit fairly hard, knocking my hull to 93% in the process. I managed to repair the modules with the Auto-Maintenance units I brought along but it was a bit of a learning experience and I still had the return trip back so I avoided landings after that point.

    The return trip was a more direct path back to the bubble and took me straight through several popular nebula hotspots. Once I was about 3k from the bubble, everything was pretty much discovered and I stopped even dss'ing every system, just honking and moving to get back quicker.

    In total, the trip took about 4 days and upon returning netted me a promotion to pioneer and roughly 170 million in credits with a total of exactly 180 systems discovered. Overall, I enjoyed the experience and though I don't think I'll be making the trip to Beagle Point anytime soon, maybe I'll plan a trip to Sag A soon. For now I'm just content to buzz around the bubble for a bit. Have the money to upgrade from a Dolphin now so maybe I'll hop into an Orca. I know the Anaconda is the meta ship for pretty much everything exploration but I just love the look of the Orca and hopefully I can kit it into a respectable exploration ship. I just wanted to share my experience with the community and a few of my favorite screenshots (as is the unwritten law of exploration).

    Trip Gallery

    submitted by /u/dodgerofbarbs
    [link] [comments]

    Pleiades sector pic, very shiny even at 20000 ls!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:34 AM PST

    This interdiction almost made me have a heart attack

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:42 PM PST

    Introduced a few friends to the game and dragged them out to Betelgeuse. Dat View.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 04:03 PM PST

    Show me the money...! Finding laser LTD mining way better than core. Mining lasers look bad-ass.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:26 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment