• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (June 10, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (June 10, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (June 10, 2020)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    One Day...

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    Fuel Rats complete first Fleet Carrier-based rescue

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:48 AM PDT

    A few hours after Fleet Carriers went live (And the fire in the server hamster wheels had died down a bit), our first call for a rescue only a Fleet Carrier could do arrived.

    There is an area of stars known as the Anaconda Graveyard, reachable only by a long-range ship with a neutron boost. The trip is one-way though, as there is no way to get a boost large enough to return from the system. The CMDR in question originally contacted us months ago, wanting to know if it was possible to be rescued. After being informed it would take the capabilities of a Fleet Carrier to pull it off, the CMDR went on their way - and came back just in time for the first official Fuel Rats fleet carrier to be in the middle of the commissioning ceremony.

    A quick turn-around to send rats scurrying for a supply of Tritium to fuel the carrier, and RatMama was on her way with The Rat Nest to pick up the Commander, who at that point had spent months in the same system. The trip out to the Anaconda Graveyard took a little over two hours and six carrier jumps for RatMama and a team of intrepid rats along for the ride. (We only lost one of them on the way there!)

    After a quick turn-around, we headed back to the Bubble with one rescued commander aboard, who parted ways with us on the edge of the bubble to head to their base in Vega. (We only lost 3 rats on the way back!)

    Fleet Carriers may not be the first go-to stop for Fuel Rats when it comes to rescueing people, but their value is still undeniable, if nothing else for comedic flair of rats not making it in time for the lockdown.

    A partial video of the rescue is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Kgymdz6jI (Once Youtube does its thing)

    submitted by /u/kenneaal
    [link] [comments]

    Dude, I want my legs so bad!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    Now THIS is a Fleet Carrier!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    [Feedback] Fleet carrier does not feel like I own it.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    There is some things I really hate and this is just my opinion. You might feel something different and you are free to disagree with me. Over all I really like the general idea of Fleet Carriers, I love them, but there is some issues...

    • When you get closer to the Fleet Carrier, I as owner (what even shows my name on it) does welcome me like any other Commander. For example, when you are allied with the station the voice commands even change to: "Ally like you are always welcome here", "We are happy to have you with us etc." But sadly nothing like this is called out from my Fleet Carrier. I feel like I'm another generic Commander who visits this random Fleet Carrier. Fleet Carriers need more personal and direct messages against Fleet Carrier owners, for example: "Welcome, Carrier Commander we are very happy to see you with us." "Priority pad is made available, welcome home". Little message like this makes me feel like I own it and it is mine.

    • Upkeep mechanic does not feel right what so ever. I mean sure it is smaller, than what Beta 1 had, but Fleet Carriers should be owned by me as Commander. It should be that final thing what player will own (as it stand right now). But still even owning it, it does not feel like it is mine. I pay the tax to keep it running, if I don't pay tax it will be taken away - feels like renting than anything else. I own Corvette, Cutter and many more ships and I never need to pay tax to own them. It just does not feel right. Sure there might be that "immersion" thing, but all honesty 6bil is more than enough credit. Anyways I dumped 15bil into the upkeep and I never need to worry about it most cases. But upkeep idea feels more so punishing player, than rewarding the player of owning Fleet Carrier.

    • I do not agree, that default Fleet Carrier ATC should be the same as what engineers use. Sure I can just buy the Voice pack and that is what I do, but I feel it needs more human touch, not some automated robotic ATC as default (the voice from Fleet Carriers Launch trailer was perfect!).

    • And lastly, watching the Wall when I jump. It just feels so cheap like I mentioned above. I feel like some another Commander who is on the Fleet Carrier to catch the ride. Fleet Carriers need Bridge and I as owner of the Fleet Carrier should be on it when it jumps. Sure there seems to be some issues by why the Fleet Carriers don't have it right now (no Fleet Carrier cockpit was created, no Fleet Carrier hyperspace entering and exiting from 1st person was created, no capital hyperspace was created from 1st person view), but I feel those things needs to be addressed and added in. Game already has assets and animations for it (except cockpit ofc). Animation can be taken from you entering SRV / SLF (you have same animation, but you end up in Fleet Carrier Cockpit. Entering Hyperspace, both Capital jump and regular jump are not different, slow down entering and exiting and add some "cloud" around the ship in the Cockpit and you have it. Hyperspace animation can be like every other hyperspace animation.

    But yes those are are my thoughts and why I feel, I'm not the real owner of my Fleet Carrier.

    submitted by /u/sev0
    [link] [comments]

    Early Morning Flight

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    instructions unclear: tip stuck in a hole

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    New potential LTD3 Hotspot

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    A Commander from the DeSMON Mission discord has recently shared the location of a potential LTD3 (3 Hotspots overlapping).
    System: Col 285 Sector CC-K a38-2
    Plant: A 1 Ring B
    And here a picture of it if you want to take a look at it.

    The problem is, that it is very far away and no station can be found near, fortunately there are already 8 fleet carriers in that system.

    All credits go to CMDR Kirre, who discored it.

    o7

    submitted by /u/Mitleid-Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    I now enjoy the luxury of an Anaconda!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    It seems that the first Fleet Carrier to arrive at Sag A* in the live game is The Snakepit, owned by CMDR K1NGCOBRA. I decided to pay a visit after arriving at Explorer's Anchorage.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    I mean, fleet carriers and stuff is alright. But THIS!!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    So yeah, fleet carriers!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    First thing I thought of when I saw this systems name.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    It took me a while (including one lost ship with more than month of exploration data), but I finally got my Explorer Elite

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    After more than a year out in the black, I finally returned to the Bubble

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Fleet carriers are cool and all but, personally, I’m ready for some atmospheres.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    Nice bug for you, whilst grinding the ‘Sirius Atmospherics’ passenger missions from Ceos - Sothis, my placed marker on Sothis A5 was ignored & my jump sent me to a system in the opposite direction even though my chosen destination was STILL plotted!?!? #BoldyGoingWhereNoManWantedToGoInTheFirstPlace

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    Utility SRVs!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Into the void

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Thank you o7

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    A lot of people already know about EDDB but I just wanted to give my thanks to those who created it and how much work was put into it. If you don't know what it is go and check it out it is an amazing tool to help progress you throughout your trading and mining career. Thank you for helping not only myself but so many others in building the elite community. I'm not trying to do this for popularity but this game and this community has helped my get out of a hole that I didn't think I could crawl out of. Thank you all for this opportunity to be apart of something greater than just gaming. o7

    submitted by /u/Maddog713
    [link] [comments]

    Got tired of swapping between loadouts on my two vettes. Solution? got a third one now. The Basilisk

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    THIS MEDUSA SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Constantly Getting New Message Notification - No Message

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Since the update i'm getting a new message notification in the general chat area, but no new messages. Anyone else? Comes back every time I enter a new system.

    submitted by /u/lofty401
    [link] [comments]

    On my way to the center with the neutron highway, saw this fast spinning beauty in front of a star.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    First time in Sol!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment