• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 30, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 30, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 30, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 30, 2020)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Water world with an absolute unit of an ice cap, probably resembles Ice Age Earth

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    my first hours of this game , I AM HOOKED. this game is absolutely amazing

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Petition: Make Black Holes Dangerous.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    I want the potential hilarity of noobs trying to take selfies next to black holes and getting owned. Screenshot posts should have captions along the lines of:

    "I finally made it to Sag A! I took this GORGEOUS picture right before I died!"

    If white dwarfs and neutron stars can kill you, why can't black holes? The most dangerous thing in the universe, the devourer of worlds, destroyer of information, the only thing capable of removing from reality that which cannot be destroyed...

    ...and all you get is an FSD cooldown and some trippy lightshows?!

    Come on... I want to see implosion and spaghettification. I want to hear the COVAS say "mommy!" and start crying hysterically. I want the canopy to slowly crack and my hull to buckle and pieces of my ship crumpling like a soda can and breaking off. I want random multicrew pilots to go "Nope" and log out immediately. I want my controls to go haywire. I want my navigation computer to shrug and say "well, it is what it is homey." I want my cargo hatch to spontaneously open and eject 1t Biowaste that wasn't there before.

    If you cross the event horizon, you should feel thoroughly and completely f*cked. I want to stare with eyes wide and jaw dropped into the beautiful, monstrous abyss while also shitting my pants. Do you feel me on this?

    submitted by /u/JRez_noir
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine if different ships had different HUDs...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    Spot the odd duck out! ;-)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    After a very long excursion, i realised i've drawn a police officer across the universe.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    I had a go at a PS1 version of the pilot in Blender

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    You spin me right round, baby...

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Finally saw my first space gourds

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    I finally got my flight stick and now I’m enjoying the game even more

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Brought some lube to Colonia, you are welcome fellow Colonian citizens

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    Now that's what I call gameplay!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Made my first 100 mil yesterday, decided to spend it on a decked out Python

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Tourist installation at Black in Green (Shrogea MH-V e2-1763)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Epic Hoon on Achelous 8A. FA-off, Race-build Eagle.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    A ringed red dwarf

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Have you ever seen a black rocky-ice planet?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    The game never ceases to amaze even after so many years. While returning from small exploration expedition I discovered this bizarre planet system - a gas giant moon with a small companion orbiting less than 5 Mm away which hosts colonies of brain trees.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    Well that was insane. Hello, Colonia.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    The world of Elite

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I have been playing this game a little over a year now. I love and I still love it. I'm going to go home after work and put in my daily hours, but I'm recently sad with it. These are my reflections on the recent changes to the game.

    Everyone has been all hyped about the big things that have come and are coming like feet carriers and space legs and these are great however, I would never have asked for them.

    Yes being able to walk around my ship would be nice. What would I like more than that? I would like my ships to have different HUDs. Even if the layout stays the same and it's just different colors with themes based on the manufacturer or alliance, federation and imperial.

    Rather than Galnet, which has been killed along with community goals I want radio stations a la Fallout. I would love local radio stations based on which power has control in a system may be too much. But something similar to the radio on inara, and a news radio station for galnet.

    After all, why do I care if two factions go war with each other or feel compelled to ally with one over the other? There is politics and story over things like slave trading and thargoids in the database. Why do I care if the universe has no current story or noise about it to pull me out of or around the bubble to fight Thargoids or work for or against imperialists. Why can't I attack slave traders and free their slaves?

    I want the galaxy I help shape to feel alive and vibrant and not just a grind to fleet carriers or whatever the next big ship is.

    I understand Odyssey is going to push the game in totally new directions and make up for a lot of this but until then what do I tell my friend who just started playing in this gutted universe where the only difference between one ship and the next (and over simplifying here) is the size of its butt, how fast it can turn, and how much of something it can carry. What do I tell them when they ask "OK, now what do I do with it?"

    submitted by /u/Wbarnhart
    [link] [comments]

    From the top down view and with the ship kit installed the anaconda has a very similar profile to the FDL

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    I think I’ll rest here a while. The view is something else.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Update on the beagle point trip

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    Really starting to play with the camera now to get screenshots like some of the great ones I see here

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment