• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 19, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 19, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 19, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 19, 2020)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It's an Asp, infront of things

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    No walkable ship interiors, no PS5 or Xbox X port - How ready is Elite Dangerous Odyssey ?!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    It is done!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    I finally made it to Elite - one down, two to go! Now, to get back from Colonia...

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I've made a big mistake. I played Elite in VR.

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Now I'll never be able to enjoy it the same way in non-VR.

    What.

    An.

    Experience.

    As you've probably guessed I actually haven't made a "mistake" in the traditional sense, but I indeed now wonder how I'm ever supposed to play this game without a VR headset. I now know why all the VR players are so sad that Odyssey isn't launching with VR support. It really is a night and day different experience and it would be pure agony to play this game in a non-VR mode if you've been playing it for years in VR.

    The ships are SO BIG.

    Like......holy crap, even just the menu screen knocked me off my feet! (It's not the same as non-VR and won't spoil it for you because I was not expecting it and it instantly KO'd any ability to enjoy this game the same way without a headest).

    I cannot believe how big the cockpits are. Like....I can't even imagine how large an Anaconda bridge is after seeing how big my Cobra felt. Flying into the mailslots, fuel scooping, combat.......holy crap.

    Comment below with your guys' first or most iconic VR experiences. This is blowing my mind right now I can't even handle how much different an HMD changes things.

    submitted by /u/foggiermeadows
    [link] [comments]

    My money maker. I love this ship!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    Back Strikes the Empire!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Personally, I would be willing to wait longer for Odyssey if it means things like ship interiors done right.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Although we have only seen a small glimpse of what is to come via the dev diary and a few interviews, I personally find it deeply disappointing to hear things like "still in the planning phase" and "not available at launch" when referring to features such as ship interiors. For me, a huge part of this update would be the things you can do on a ship, and how that will converge with planets and stations and such, and to hear that will no longer be a possibility at launch is disheartening, and makes me worry about other corners they may have cut just to sate our hunger for space legs.

    submitted by /u/ben_jacques1110
    [link] [comments]

    Star Density Comparison Sagittarius A* versus Sol

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    PSA - ED on chromebook via Geforce Now working

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    You think people don't use DVDs, but space is. Here is a massive space DVD for you commanders o7

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Guess this will be the game where I spend even more time in than in Skyrim.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    With what's been announced so far, the new Sampling tool is what I'm most looking forward to

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    60,000LY from home, still in love with this game

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    At the Lagoon Nebula, 4500 light years from the bubble and on my way to Colonia for the first time. Been following the Colonia Highway so far, but this is from where I'll depart to my own way.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    What’s the point of ship interiors?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    I don't get it. What are you gonna do and when are you gonna do it? Exploring your ship will get boring after a week. That's all you'll really do. It's a waste of time to code that much environment for that little. I think we should have legs on generation ships, capital ships, stations etc but why ships? And when would you even do anything? Most supercruise stuff doesn't last more then 50 seconds. What are you gonna do, take a shit in the space toilet while auto docking? I don't get it. I think the leaving ship should be a walk to the hanger/stairs and then out. Or if we board anything (I don't want ship combat boarding as a side note.) Have a hallway to the tunnel thing.

    submitted by /u/trajan_x
    [link] [comments]

    Carbon star with class k in front of it

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Hype train for my new t-shirt was much more great than the Dev Diary yesterday. �� o7 Cmdrs!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    The places you'll go and the friends you'll make along the way

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    Interesting bits from poligon/twinfinite articles on Odyssey.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    Polygon article: https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/18/21372562/elite-dangerous-odyssey-expansion-details-one-giant-leap-interview

    "Players will still need to rely on oxygen while out and about".

    "Art director Jonathan Bottone said in our interview that lots of work has gone into making every sunset feel unique. A new algorithm takes into account the composition of the planetary atmosphere, the color and distance of the nearby stars, as well as other factors"

    "Bottone said that one of the highlights will be new living creatures, which will be distributed across the galaxy based on complex, in-fiction rules and logic."

    "Developers are also considering allowing them to walk around inside starships, exploring the vessels they've owned for years for the first time. The feature won't be available at launch when Elite Dangerous: Odyssey comes to PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One sometime in early 2021."

    "Other questions about gameplay details went unanswered. That's because, principal designer Gareth Hughes said, many of those details have yet to be finalized. " So they are still working on details of how gameplay loops will work, less than a year away from launch. Delay wouldn't surprise me now.

    "Also undecided is how players will transition from ships or wheeled vehicles to walking on foot."

    Twinfinite article: https://twinfinite.net/2020/08/elite-dangerous-odyssey-interview/

    Q: So one thing a lot of fans are wondering is the level of detail on the planets? Will there be things like settlements and landmarks on the surface to make it interesting to explore?

    "We're planning to have a variety of activities that players can engage in on planet surfaces; from settlements, down to what we call points of interest which we call transient elements that can kind of spawn in and out which allows us to fill the surface up a little bit."

    "we have what we call settlements but actually these are quite big. They range from fairly large industrial kind of endeavors, down to military bases, and to small outposts, almost like little villages right on the frontiers of space."

    "Within those settlements, there will obviously be a human population that you will be able to engage with and do missions for. There's also additional emergent gameplay that is supported there. If you want to raid these settlements as a pirate you can do that. If you want to take stuff that they need and trade with them you can do that."

    Q: How will it enhance the existing gameplay, and make it an even more complete experience?

    "When moving on foot, the combat is going to feel different. It's going to have slightly more urgency and intensity, perhaps." All I wanted out of combat on foot was for it to be genuinely scary. Getting your suit damaged has to be deadly right?

    "It makes you more vulnerable to the environment of the game as well."

    "John touched there on almost a survival element, and I think that's very much something that we're playing on. You're not a superman, you're a man in a suit in the vacuum. There's inherent risk just being outside of your ship." This here could be very cool if done right. Being careful on the surface in your suit not to puncture it or run out of ogygen or any other environmental hazards they could add would be cool. And how would combat work?

    "Does my suit have enough power to get me from A to B? Am I going to run out of oxygen? Am I going to get ambushed? Am I going to get lost and not to be able to find my way back to my ship?" Does that mean we won't be able to recall our ships anymore?

    "We have navigation…but you might go too far and the journey back can be really intense! Am I going to make it? Or am I going to suffocate in my suit a hundred meters away? So there are some really cool, intimate, and intense moments that come from the foot gameplay." I like this. This is cool.

    Q: Will there be changes made to the atmospheric and planetary surface flight dynamics?

    "So that is something that we're currently investigating. It's quite challenging and I can't promise anything for launch but it's something that we are definitely investigating." Again, it's a little strange they are still in "investigation/planning" stage less than a year from launch.

    Discuss.

    submitted by /u/ShearAhr
    [link] [comments]

    One Day. I’m really looking forward to Odyssey whatever it brings.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    I finally bought a HOTAS

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    So after about a thousand hours playing over the last year and a half, making Elite in exploration and trading (the hard way!), I finally bought myself a cheap HOTAS.

    It's like a whole new game compared to a X-Box controller. It's also a whole new learning curve!

    That's all.

    submitted by /u/dwair
    [link] [comments]

    MY OWN FREAKING FC JUST SHOT ME TO PIECES. WTF

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    A new player joined my ship today via multicrew and requested that I showed them how to not die so quickly during combat. As I was in the middle of nowhere while exploring my only option was to ask him to deploy onboard ship fighters and I asked him to turn off the "Report Crimes Against Me" option and I did the same too. Then we get to work shooting dodging and plain having fun.

    The new CMDR finally left after an hour and I returned to my FC to dock only I can't. I was still trying to register what the ATC lady on the intercom said to me about my playing with fire or something when the FC started shooting at me. In like 4 seconds my 6k shields cutter was no more and I had to pay like 39 mil credits rebuy.

    But why? Not only did the FC break my heart by shooting at me; its owner, investor and benefactor, but ... Wait how tf how does this happen again?

    submitted by /u/Lordverissimo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment