• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 31, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 31, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 31, 2020)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Felicity Farseer presents: The Ganker Guide

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Colonia

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Cleared for lift off (Jnr) Cmdr. Now, let's go find those dastardly space-pirates and show them what for! ...yes, okay fine, I'll do the pedals...

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Wait there are entire cities in the station rings?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Guys, I've just listened the sounds of barnacles for one hour. Well, they aren't something like fuel tank for Thargoids, they are like phones to the other galaxy. Thargoids are taking from and sending to home galaxy information by them. We can hear their voices, the sounds of their ships and ÆÄ¥2þÅ‚æ6

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    Nope

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Ever get the feeling you're being watched while out in the black?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Old Reliable waiting for the Midnight Black paint.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    In light of Horizons becoming available to everyone I changed the paintjob an name of my trusty Cobra MKIV. Thank you Frontier for this incredible ride the past few years.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Managed to get 2300 light years above Luna's Shadow and look out over the whole galaxy

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    After being out in the black for over two months, I safely touched down at Chamitoff Station in Chukchan

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    I am not equipped to deal with xenos....hope I don't see any.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    ...oops

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Lets make crossplay happen!!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Pics from my ongoing expedition so far

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Red Sky

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    Just checking my eyesight before heading back.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Fought a Melee Vulture and uhh...

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    After spending 5 months on an exploration scanning every and admiring every undiscovered planet I came across, only to have lost it all in a matter of seconds due to a white dwarf. Spent 4 month on hiatus. 9 weeks ago I came back with one mission. colonia. No engineering, no highway.Old fashion way

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    "Say it once, say it twice, third time's the charm!"

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Anyone else have a hard time justifying picking a fight with thargoids?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    Anyone else have a hard time justifying picking a fight with thargoids?

    Got hyperdicted three times tonight with two harvested meta-alloys in my hold. The first time, this was the contingent which greeted me.

    https://preview.redd.it/wyfdpvx7edw51.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4d723cef27fd4ca0f932230dbc791af1bce4ac4d

    I tried to dump cargo, but was stuck fumbling with my power priorities for so long that I got hit with a shutdown field. I expected to be destroyed, as I hadn't had time to put distance between us, but by the time everything came back online, they were just... gone. Nothing but thargoid wakes in my contacts.

    Two jumps later, I got hyperdicted again. Admittedly, I was making short jumps now, trying to get hyperdicted (because it's just so damned cool). This time there were only two of them. With my power priorities sorted, I popped cargo, expelling my two canisters into the void. They chased after them and I got to watch them dancing around it.

    https://preview.redd.it/zhrbtoqffdw51.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a768df8b697c1b29ca2528c2dfc86444136b18ca

    Afterward, one of them came up to me, scanned me, emitted something akin to whale song, and went on its way. I never attempted to approach them any closer than they came to me, never deployed hardpoints, never did anything I thought would be construed as aggressive... and they responded in kind. When they left, one of the canisters had been left behind. I scooped it up and, again, went on my way.

    https://preview.redd.it/jrbbrr5xfdw51.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ce9b27d9d8842bc2e8bc3a29512ec28dbe51c241

    My third encounter of the night with my final meta-alloy in tow netted a single visitor. Again, I dumped cargo, and it chased after it, scooped it up, gave me a scan, and went on its way.

    The more I learn and the more encounters I have with them, the less I find myself wanting to fight them. I've been in the process of assembling a ship or two which ought to be suited to the purpose, but I've yet to encounter any hostile action they've taken against humans in-game which wasn't a direct response to what could be construed as a hostile act (and, spoilers, the INRA and Jameson crash site logs amp up the "are we the baddies" aspect to the narrative considerably). Even the stations they've attacked, as far as I'm aware, were a consequence of Thargoid materials being brought to them for study. As far as I can tell, if you don't go deliberately looking for trouble with them, they will never give any to you. Leave their stuff alone, keep your guns tucked away, and don't go waving Guardian artifacts in their faces (the last species we know they went to war with -- of which we only know one side's story, fragmentary at that), and they give you no problems. Heck, even in that last case they give you a grace period to dump the offending cargo and let you go scot-free if you comply. A more forgiving reaction than I can say one of them would receive in human space.

    TL;DR: I'm sure it's fun and challenging to fight thargoids, I just have a hard time finding an ethical motivation to do so. They're not hostile unless provoked, and "it has scales" just doesn't cut it for me.

    My explorer ship now has a "xeno ally" stamp. :)

    submitted by /u/KHaskins77
    [link] [comments]

    The Adamastor - The fate of Professor Penelope Carver’s team ��

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Galnet voice volume

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Ok so if i play audio from galnet it's very quiet, like drowned out by the noise for changing pips.

    I've reset volume to defaults.

    Tried with and without surround sound, use headset or pc audio, reset the sound device settings and pretty much everything i can think of. Even sat stationary I cannot hear any audio for voice messages.

    So for all the wonderful voice acting I'm hearing praise for, i can only read it.

    Had anyone else has this happen and managed to resolve it?

    Edit - for clarity, Anything other than COVAS is inaudible. Docking messages, the works.

    submitted by /u/yeebok
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment