• Breaking News

    Friday, December 25, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This is the moment guys, you literally can't have more. This is 32 bit system memory limit in E:D vouchers

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:03 AM PST

    Well there's something you don't see every day...

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:37 PM PST

    Merry Christmas Commanders!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:51 AM PST

    Santa is the first sole I encountered in-game and boy oh boy did he come through this year... now I will have to relearn how to fly. Advice is appreciated for keybinds etc! Thanks.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:28 AM PST

    When you haven't been back to a carrier for a while...

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:39 AM PST

    For years, I've heard stories from my dad about his adventures in Elite: Dangerous. This week, I finally jumped in and began my own adventure. See you in the black, commanders. O7

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:49 PM PST

    Material Trader Rates

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:05 AM PST

    Am I still alive???

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:33 AM PST

    Update 1 of my Viper MKIII trip: Many Firsts and (hopefully) Lasts

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:41 AM PST

    Update 1 of my Viper MKIII trip: Many Firsts and (hopefully) Lasts

    Long post, I hope you guys will like it.

    Further away from the bubble, where there's only the odd outpost or so. And a truly gigantic amount of brown dwarfs, which nearly ended my voyage.

    Continuing from the starting point, somewhere near Aisling Duval's exploited regions, I started to make my way out of the bubble. I planned to cruise through the Orion spur before turning off the beaten path 500 light-years away. However, I almost died. Apparently, I plotted my route through about 40 brown dwarfs, which I only realized when my fuel bar was about 6 pixels across. And then, salvation came in the form of an otherwise unremarkable red dwarf.

    This star saved me. Thank your local Class-M star today!

    While the Viper gulped down the red dwarf's corona, I found out that the map view can filter by more than just powerplay, so I replotted my route to include KGB-FOAM only, which would hopefully save me from calling the Fuel Rats when they have other CMDRs to rescue. I was then reminded that fuel scooping had been completed and continued on my course.

    A previously discovered but not previously mapped HMC world. EDSM told me that I was the first ship to enter this system in 7 years.

    A distant solar system, and a little red Viper flying through deep space.

    An unmapped deathworld with gigantic red lakes of lava and a volcano. Think Lake Tahoe, but it's just lava and more lava. Shame that you can't land on these truly awe-inspiring planets.

    The next 200 light-years were spent honking the DSS and practicing fuel scooping, as well as mapping the odd undiscovered planet. Some star systems had nothing but stars themselves, a lonely source of warmth with nobody to give it to. Others had no less than 30 astronomical bodies, often huddled together next to a tiny red dwarf. But the most memorable star system (for now) that I happened on was HIP 95634. Coming out of witchspace, I was greeted with an eye-meltingly bright Class-A star, a star contrast to the hundreds of red dwarfs I'd seen previously. I decided to scan the entire system with the DSS, which I would not regret doing. Nearly every single planet, HMC, gas giant, or rock planet had rings around them, and some of them had ringed moons too. Also, there were geological signals everywhere. I decided to land on the first planet I saw, which nearly killed me. It had a surface gravity of 1.69 Gs, which isn't bad for the experienced pilot. But I am no experienced pilot and basically pancaked into the ground at around 100 m/s. Thankfully, my shields held.

    HIP 95634 1 - 1.69 Gs surface gravity. Pristine. Ringed. Unmapped. (Well, I eventually mapped it. Apparently, it also has painite hotspots in the rings)

    Having found and cataloged several lava vents on the planet's surface, a new issue arose: SRV fuel. I needed two critical components: sulfur and phosphorous. The system map showed one, well actually two candidates. A binary moon system orbiting a ringed brown dwarf. And thus I touched down and scoured the surface for sulfur and phosphorous while vents and fumaroles gushed toxic gas from within the planet's bowels.

    HIP 95634 3 C - I touched down next to some sulfur dioxide fumaroles for a really unique shot. The Viper, though, as The Pilot would say, \"Looks like it's going half the speed of sound when it's parked.\"

    HIP 95634 3 C - Moonrise watching from the SRV.

    HIP 95634 3 D with the sister moon HIP 95634 3 C in the background.

    The next interesting stop on my voyage was COL 359 Sector AC-U B32-0, containing a gas giant with water-based life. A quick photoshoot and geyser-jumping break, and I was on my way again

    COL 359 Sector AC-U B32-0 A 2 A - Kilometer-high water geysers (not shown) and a gas giant with water-based life. Everything is brown.

    Flying over the rings of COL 359 Sector AC-U B32-0 A 2, Star Trek Voyager-esque.

    The first leg of my journey ended unexpectedly. I noticed a huge discrepancy between the system map (which showed 4 bodies) and the DSS (which showed 42). I then realized I was in a partially undiscovered star system, and quickly made 38 discoveries. I practically jumped out of my seat when I realized one of the undiscovered bodies was a gas giant with life!

    Last stop of the first steps! Landed on a blue moon with the aforementioned gas giant in the background.

    And thus concludes the first part of my voyage through the stars. I learned a lot in just this first baby step, and I am having a blast out here. Sure I'm not going as fast as I could, but why should I? 70 LYs of jump range might move yourself to Colonia and back in a day, but 17 LYs of range moves the soul. The Viper is really growing on me; It's like a hauler, but pointy, fast, and makes you feel like Flash Gordon. Until next time fellow CMDRs, O7.

    submitted by /u/Splatoon_Fursuit
    [link] [comments]

    So I tried to make a short hype trailer to get my friends to play ED

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:46 AM PST

    Elite Dangerous Holiday Sale on STEAM: 75% off!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:50 AM PST

    Merry Christmas to all the Commanders across the Galaxy.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Collected 216 photos and 10 gigs of vids from the squadron to make this end of year video

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:17 PM PST

    Merry Christmas o7

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:57 AM PST

    I love the mamba. I regret listening to some youtubers and reviews saying get the FDL and skip the mamba, I did. I only got this one recently and I think I prefer the Mamba to the fdl. Swapping all my FDLs engineered modules then.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:53 AM PST

    New player here! First time back at my home station of I Sola Prospect after my first exploration trip to outside the bubble. I earned around 62,000,000 credits. Here's a screen shot of the most lucrative single page.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:51 AM PST

    This screenshot I took that made it look like the other vette and the conda look tiny. Forgot what I did to get this result.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:55 PM PST

    Hello there

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:56 PM PST

    Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal...

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:22 AM PST

    Found a small pebble in space, 141km radius 2810ly from Sol.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    A Long Way To Go And A Short Time To Get There

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 09:48 PM PST

    Maximum throttle!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 06:05 AM PST

    Speechless

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:02 PM PST

    I've been out of the game since my Xbox died in a freak juicebox incident. Decided to save up and make a proper return to the cockpit. Merry Christmas to me!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 07:18 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment