• Breaking News

    Friday, January 29, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Q&A - Ships and Vehicles

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 04:07 AM PST

    Bought myself a new ship!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:10 AM PST

    A Letter to The Devs

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:39 AM PST

    Dear Frontier,

    I type to you now as I float through space in my Asp Explorer. The speedo reads a lazy 30km/s and YouTube is softly playing oldies to the sound of rain against a window in the background. Life is good, and I figured I'd take a second to write you a letter.

    I don't know that you'll ever see this, but hello. I'm CMDR XxTH3xDOCT0RxX. I need a name change, but for now you can just call me Doc.

    I've played your game since 2015. I'll never forget the first time I booted it up. I had seen a YouTuber play it and could scarcely believe it was a real thing. I had to try it for myself, so I purchased it on Steam.

    At the time I worked at a hotel on graveyard shift. Nobody looked down on me for playing games on my laptop during the dead hours between 12am-4:30am. And so during those darkest hours I would float through space, much as I do now. Exploring. Exploiting. Experiencing.

    See, for me, it's never been about speed of development. I know that might sound odd, with all the new players coming in these days that just can't wait to get their anacondas, grinding away in the mines for hours and hours to make their millions.

    In truth I didn't begin making my millions until quite recently. I was satisfied to have a bank account with 12,000,000cr- it was enough for several rebuys and resupplies/refuels. I've been too busy just being in awe to worry about money until now.

    You have created a masterpiece. I mean that. A true, honest-to-God, legitimate masterpiece. Since I was a young child I've dreamed of going to the stars and exploring. My father and grandfather shared a similar astronomical wanderlust. But we could never truly act upon it. So we'd whet our appetites on long vacation drives, studying Star maps and watching meteor showers.

    This game has allowed me to go and look at so many beautiful celestial bodies and events up close and in person. It has helped me through hard times. Offered me an alternate reality that is both relaxing and spontaneously exciting- a universe, truly, where I can be whatever I want to be. I've loved it so much I've purchased it twice- once on Steam and once on Xbox.

    I haven't seen any footage of Odyssey because I want to experience it 100% for myself when it releases on console. I'm eagerly awaiting that day, but I'm in no hurry. I've waited 6 years to stand up so far, and it's done me no harm.

    I guess my main point, Frontier, is you've done an amazing thing. The mere existence of this game makes my world a better place, and I'm sure hundreds- if not thousands- of people feel the same.

    Don't listen to the haters. They don't know the work you've put into this. They have their own problems that blind them to the unbelievable amount of attention to detail you've put into this. They don't see you like we do, us hundreds, us thousands. We'll go to bat for you. We'll be willing to tell your story, and gently correct the nay-sayers. We see what bright futures lie ahead on this final frontier.

    No other game has held my love and support so steadfastly, and I am confident that that is not for no reason.

    o7 Frontier. o7

    submitted by /u/StringinYouAlong
    [link] [comments]

    My first Commanders chair ... 8-fan cooling seat, T16000M sticks, simple wireless keyboard attached to goosenecks, and a Valve Index. Favorite way to fly ��

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:36 PM PST

    An ally like me? I don't even know who you are!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 04:01 AM PST

    1,000,000ly Club!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:27 AM PST

    You dont realize the actual size of your ship until you see something like this

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 04:13 PM PST

    Took a break from my Vette to engineer this lil beauty and loving it!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:49 AM PST

    170 hours in and I am finally there. Even my wife was in awe. She remains a beauty

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:32 PM PST

    All hail the Chief indeed.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 11:37 AM PST

    You can’t tell me this doesn’t look sick

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 11:44 AM PST

    A while back somebody broke the 32 bit integer for vouchers. Today, I did it for Galaxy Wide Bounty.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:38 PM PST

    Cool ringed Earth-like planet I discovered in system Ploea Eurl AW-M D7-27

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:16 AM PST

    Praise the fuel rats

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:02 AM PST

    I just got saved by the fuel so thank you to them and the organisation specifically CMDR The-demonwolf

    submitted by /u/stormcreator12
    [link] [comments]

    Miners can fight... don't touch a ladies platinum!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 03:15 PM PST

    Getting My FSD Cherry Popped: Remember Your First Time?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:15 PM PST

    I'll go ahead and share my story-

    I was absolutely FLOORED.

    There I was, sitting at the hotel desk at 3:30am. Pitch black outside and all was silent. Nobody had called all night and I'd spent an hour and a half or so just sort of figuring out how to map controls on my ship, takeoff and landing procedures- this was all back before we had flight assist modules, mind you.

    I found my target, locked in, and pressed the button. The countdown started and I can remember this giddy childlike feeling of glee, like back when I started a countdown with my dad to launch a model rocket.

    The AI stated "engage" and I had an instant rush of dopamine. how can there be a game so perfect? I thought to myself, not knowing even half of half of half of what was in store.

    The jump launched and I looked around, bewildered at hyperspace. My cherry had just been popped, and I was on my way to becoming an honest-to-God CMDR.

    Here's where the story gets interesting.

    So I'm sitting there, right? Completely aghast that such a game had existed for so long without my knowing. I'm planning the camera around the cockpit, taking in the modules and the UI and the canopy and my hands on the controls and... just everything. I was so lost and bewildered that I kind of just forgot I was in the process of going somewhere.

    This is where Elite's gruff 'n tuff school of hard knocks hit me real hard for the first time.

    RRRRRTHWOOOOMPHRrrrrrr

    That sensation. That pinprick of light expanding in a fraction of a second to fill my viewport. I think it literally blew me back against my office chair. I didn't know what was happening. But I knew I loved it.

    I failed to notice the big red letters telling me to SLOW DOWN and I casually drifted into the gravitational pull of a massive orange star.

    Frantically I'm trying to figure what's gone wrong. What's this button do? Why the alarms? Emergency FSD Stop? What? What's that? What is this? Why?

    Smoke began to rise from my control panels and I slumped back on my chair in defeat. I came here unprepared- and Elite was about to teach me why that was a very bad idea.

    The alarms seemed to get louder as I regained a fight to survive and began pressing buttons randomly- but it was too late. I could bought but look on as my canopy began to fracture before my very eyes.

    "No..." I remember whispering under my breath.

    Oh yes. said Elite as my entire starship exploded, leaving my camera stationary in space to watch the wreckage of my beloved Sidewinder go floating into the hellish inferno below.

    Now, I've played Dark Souls. I know what brutal is. But this was so far beyond the brutality I've witnessed in other games. And what's better? I frackin' loved it.

    I jumped up out of my chair, grasping my head and mouthing a crazed happy "OOOOOOHHHH" like a kid that just witnessed the school bully get punched out at recess. This was a turning point for me. This was the moment I knew I'd always love Elite: Dangerous.

    So now we know my story. How was it for you?

    submitted by /u/StringinYouAlong
    [link] [comments]

    Welcome to thirty-three-oh-seven

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 03:02 AM PST

    I've been getting into photography recently & I think these look cool.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:36 AM PST

    Holy sh*t I just skipped 2000 Ltd because of a gunshot

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:08 AM PST

    So I was in kapayasa on my way to colonia and I was logging off so I thought why not just take some stress out on an innocent type 7 so I shot it and decided to dock to martyrs rest (an outpost) pay the fine and log off turns out the prison ship is 3 ly from colonia WTF I skipped 2000 ly in an instant (Moral of the story shoot random type 7s)

    submitted by /u/zelden46
    [link] [comments]

    Been staying in the Maia sector for about a week now to practice thargoid hunting, and this lead me to the realization that i lowkey want thragoids to invade (at least the outer rim) the bubble so that it's more convenient. The Diaguandri region perhaps? Or a system with amonia worlds.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 04:42 AM PST

    Its about time..

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 11:23 AM PST

    Found the last parking lot at the Guardian store.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:52 AM PST

    Why? Why did I have to say the system name three times? D:

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 03:44 PM PST

    Finally got home and what do I see? They're growing weed where I live and sleep!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 09:12 PM PST

    The independentist independentism of the independent independence

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:47 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment