• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Come In To My Fleet Carrier Said The Spider To The Fly

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:30 AM PST

    ah shit, here we go again.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:38 AM PST

    We need more science stuff for explorers. Or a whole new "scientist" career path.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:39 AM PST

    Imagine if you could scan magnetospheres, gravity anomalies, radiation tests, scanning surfaces (the only thing available now), KSP-style orbital/surface tests, etc. Then you would create a system report and sell it for profit.

    This needs to be a thing, adding a whole new lore to the game. Planets would become 10000% more interesting to visit, even those useless ice worlds.

    submitted by /u/RedBlueWhiteBlack
    [link] [comments]

    A E S T H E T I C

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:05 AM PST

    Slave Carriers update

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:49 PM PST

    UPDATE We have recently received news that Frontier Developments have taken action in response to the "enslavement" of new players in the Elite Dangerous galaxy. Frontier have reached the judgement that the actions that these players have taken breaches the ED Code of Conduct by "deceiving and exploiting other players". As such, the players involved in this activity have been excluded from Open play, and the assets which have been acquired through these means, including the fleet carriers, are being removed from the game.

    This decision is being appealed against at the moment, so it is possible that it may be partially or fully reversed. However, the "slavers" have reached out to us and asked us to share this information on their behalf.

    The New Pilots Initiative as a group are not taking any position on the decision, as it is entirely within the the gift of Frontier to determine what does and does not break their Code of Conduct. However, I would like to offer the condolences on behalf of Operation Chainbreak to the affected Commanders, both captives and captors.

    I am sure that there will be strong feelings on both sides with this outcome, however, I would ask that everyone make sure that they treat each other kindly over what will be a very emotive subject.

    submitted by /u/TheRealDalvon
    [link] [comments]

    One day i hopefully will be able to look at this view without SRV

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:24 PM PST

    Just got my first Python ever! ��

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:33 PM PST

    My first undiscovered Earth-Like World that has rings!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:04 PM PST

    If only I thought to buy GME

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:33 AM PST

    when your internet is down and you have nothing to do besides PAINT.....................................

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:35 PM PST

    Elite dangerous

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:39 AM PST

    Hello all, my journey on this beautiful game will commence in approximately 3 hours, at my birthday today and ED is my first thing to download, I hope to have a wonderful adventure with every single one of you, thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/TOG_Opticz
    [link] [comments]

    So a beautiful Giant gaz planet so close to the other ringed one, love it !

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:07 PM PST

    Finding a planetary discovery after you've turned in cartographic data...

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 10:28 AM PST

    Elite Dangerous Meta lore and history - The third elite, Frontier First Encounters

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:58 AM PST

    Another Elite Dangerous history video, CMDRs.

    This time the notorious third Elite, Frontier First Encounters from 1995.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJJA4twEuFg&feature=youtu.be

    Cheers,

    Drew.

    submitted by /u/drewwagar
    [link] [comments]

    Some pictures from my first exploration trip

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:36 AM PST

    Hello everyone! Thank you all so much for the support from my first post. So here you all have some new screenshots from the newbie space! Also, I'm planning to leave newbie space soon to explore the galaxy. Any tips before I leave???

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:03 PM PST

    "Secrets Unveiled" - Guardian Bacon (IC 2391 Sector MX-T b3-6)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:19 PM PST

    Pt.5 Run in with The Aether Shoals. [OC] (Nearing the finale)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:58 PM PST

    Trade routes on Inara can give 16-20mil per jump in Type-9, same $/h as Robigo, but a different activity

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:56 PM PST

    Adding radio stations and other news outlets aside from Galnet. Among other ideas to increase immersion

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 10:20 AM PST

    With the coming of Odyssey it has brought up a reoccurring thought/idea. I think Frontier should introduce as the title implies; radio stations for music and news about whats going on in the bubble and beyond. I always like to tune into the Galnet to see whats going on. I also like to picture myself when logging into Elite and with a hot cup of coffee getting ready for early morning grind sessions, tune into a radio station playing music that frontier thinks what would be playing in the 3300s then you hear advertisements for various hot commodities in the galaxy and the starship manufacturers, the Fuel Rats, and the cruise liners we oh so love and there top 1% popularity rating. Perhaps news stations could report on key conflicts around the bubble, Thargoid sightings, points of interest and hell even station and settlement life that can change depending on our interaction with said stations. I could definitely see frontier adding a radio station for each of the super powers which you would need to be in their territory in order to tune into and maybe a few independent radios as well. Of course Galnet should get there own station which covers the entire bubble and the immediate star systems around it although it would be choppy due to distance from the bubble. I could also see news being reported by us CMDRs in some shape or form perhaps they would have a sort of website extension where you could fill out a potential news article on some of things you have done and the things we see out in the black. Then if picked from the potential articles yours will be played on that radio station.

    I know the last idea is a little far fetched and probably more of a hassle than its worth but I think it would breathe new energy into this already immersive game. Also what would you guys like to see added into Elite with the coming of Odyssey?

    submitted by /u/Qliphothic-Wanderer
    [link] [comments]

    An absurd conversation

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:32 PM PST

    I headed back to the carrier to do some administration tasks. You'd think that there would be a way to do things remotely, but nobody seems to appreciate the old-fashioned 21st-century way of doing things.

    So I went down to the market, where we had managed to buy a few hundred tons of tritium. The market manager greeted me and asked what I needed.

    "I need you to transfer 250 tons of tritium to the carrier's fuel depot."

    She looked at me like I'd grown a third eye. "The what, now?"

    Here we go again. "We're on a fleet carrier, yeah? It runs on tritium. I'd like to transfer 250 tons of my tritium in my market here to my carrier's fuel store."

    "OH! Okay. That makes sense. We don't have a way to do that, though."

    I knew that. I also had learned by now that it had to be explained each and every time. "Yeah, I know. I need you to sell it to me," I explained.

    The manager smiled. "No problem." A second later, she frowned. " ... I apologize. It seems we only buy Tritium," she explained with a practiced salesperson smile.

    I tried and failed to suppress an eyeroll. "Yes, of course. Please switch to selling Tritium."

    She thought for a moment, brought out a tablet, punched in a few figures, and showed it to me. "Sell Tritium at 5% of market average. Okay?"

    What? No! We'd be cleaned out. I just want to transfer the stuff! "No, no! 100% of market average."

    "Sure thing!" She made the change, and I made sure it was entered correctly. "Anything else?"

    "Yes. I need you to sell me 250 tons of Tritium."

    "You're in luck! We just started selling Tritium not one minute ago. You're our first customer." She added up some figures. "That will be 13,750,000 credits, please."

    Aw, man. I'd been flying the Improbable with her 60k rebuy, and only had about a million coin on me. "Deduct it from the ship's account, will you?"

    She glared at me. "We're a market, sir. Not a bank."

    A quick trip to the carrier ATM later, and the transaction was completed.

    But does it really have to be this way?

    submitted by /u/FlyByPC
    [link] [comments]

    To any new players

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:37 PM PST

    Get a fighter hanger as soon as possible. Trust me, zooming around in a tiny fighter at the speed of light is so fun imo

    submitted by /u/bigshaq-legit
    [link] [comments]

    Another one I'll never sell--the Space Bus

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:25 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment