• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 13, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ladies and gentlemen we have recruited my mum!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Let’s make some memes bois

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 11:26 PM PST

    Exposed reactors are probably the most terrifying-sounding thing in the game. Hats off to the sound design team for making this game sound so incredibly good.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:30 PM PST

    Maybe im taking the galnet too seriously ��

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 12:17 PM PST

    Will Smith approves

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:27 AM PST

    The exposed reactors on the damaged starports look/sound amazing. Never noticed these before. (DAWES HUB in ACHENAR)

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 10:32 AM PST

    When you can't afford a HOTAS, but you have an airbrush

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 10:36 AM PST

    Finally i am the proud owner of the Big Three Sisters

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:39 AM PST

    �� As close to planets �� as possible �� Odyssey ��️‍♀️�� Galactic Expedition 3307

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:53 AM PST

    Make a functional SRV from Elite in Trailmakers. It has a few extra abilities like wall climbing because of the special engine I put in it to keep it from flipping over.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 11:38 AM PST

    Just got mah cutter. Endgame ship achieved. Feels great.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 07:15 AM PST

    My wife embraced my ED problem and today our marriage is stronger then ever.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 04:12 PM PST

    Docking up with an earth-like planet in the background. Looked like a great opportunity for a quick snap

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:12 AM PST

    I was the first to map a planet.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:10 AM PST

    Flying While Dad

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:16 AM PST

    I've been playing Elite for about 2 years on PS4. Over the last 2 days I grinded out the last 2 ranks in the Federal Navy to finally reach Rear Admiral and obtain the right to purchase a Corvette. An absolutely punishing task for those who have done it.

    Early this morning, up with my 2 month old son in a rocking chair, I bought it. I knew I didn't have the funds to fully kit it out. I just wanted to fly it. I figured I'd make it my main and just slowly earn the money for A-grading it over time. I wanted to savor it.

    I couldn't help myself. I upgraded a few modules, bought the big guns. At the end of it, I didn't have enough left in the bank to even cover the rebuy cost AFTER a 10,000,000 credit loan. I think you know where this is going.

    I threw caution to the wind and decided to do some easy bounty hunting until I was safely in the rebuy range. Then I could relax.

    I hunted in a medium res for about 30 minutes and decided to hop back to a station. On my way out of the ring to escape mass lock, I had to tend to my son for 10 seconds. 10 seconds. I looked up to see an asteroid. I looked up to see the end of my career. My Federal Corvette collided and exploded. I ended up at the rebuy screen only to see that horrific red "purchase" button. Game over man. For real. Game Over. Dunzo.

    Corvette gone. Modules gone (some of then engineered). Money gone.

    Absolutely devastating mistake. My own fault, I know, but no less devastating. I held the PS button ready to quit this game for good.

    But then I realized how beautiful this story was. How only a game like Elite could generate such a tragic emergent narrative. So, I just went with it. I'm going to role play like I haven't done in a game since I was a kid. I imagine the headline "disgraced rear admiral gets cocky and collides with asteroid, ending career, current whereabouts unknown."

    My whereabouts? Keeping a low profile and getting back to basics. Becoming a dedicated Viper pilot and hunting bounties in the Timbalderis system. Really getting to know Robert...of Roberts Enterprise. Bobby as I've come to know him.

    It's only been about 7 hours since this happened, but I'm already itching to jump back into the game and savor the experience. Now that I understand fully what there is to loose when your eyes are set only on the prize.

    submitted by /u/BlockVO
    [link] [comments]

    Went to my first “high end” station (idk if that’s actually what they’re called) it was astoundingly beautiful.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:13 AM PST

    Back in the black after a four year break - thought i'd share a pic of a new discovery I made tonight!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:50 PM PST

    Just discovered Elite Dangerous, goodbye reality

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:14 AM PST

    As one reviewer said, it's not a game, it's an experience.

    submitted by /u/k8bobate
    [link] [comments]

    Some may ask which of the big 3 to get. I have no doubt, Beluga Liner.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:20 AM PST

    Yellow and Purple never looked so good!! Loving my Krait mk2

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:40 AM PST

    Daddy told me to buy a Corvette, but all I had the money for was a Rice Burner... Top Speed: 726m/s Cruising Speed: 502m/s. Fit for exploration...Top Speed 525m/s Cruising Speed: 415m/s. Yes it is an exploration ship. Designed for short range mapping based out of a carrier.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 12:56 PM PST

    Was wondering why my FPS dropped to 30. Judging by the radar, looks like the ai are having a huge party.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 07:31 AM PST

    My Blue Heaven - Elite Dangerous

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:35 PM PST

    Downloaded the game randomly, just to check it out. Didn't expect it to look this incredible.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:42 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment