• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 9, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I came here for the Materials, all I got were these lousy feelings ��

    Posted: 09 May 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    Elite why do you feel the need to scare me half to death?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:39 AM PDT

    This was my first big(ish) print on my Mars Pro

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:28 AM PDT

    Made 55,000 on my first bounty

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    My last SK Dolphin blueprint variant EXPLORER

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    If car mechanics were like Elite engineers

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    I pull up to the workshop at the head of my small convoy and hop out of my car. Inside the junk-filled space ahead of me two men, one young and disturbingly skeletal, the other middle-aged with the kind of oaken solidity that working men acquire as they age, are regarding me with barely concealed contempt.

    "What you want here?" the younger one asks with an aggressive tone. His sparse flesh is stretched over angular bones, his complexion worryingly pale. "We don't work for just anyone."

    "Bob Jones sent me," I say. "He installed my alloy wheels. Said you'd help me."

    The older man sniffs and puts down the cartoonishly large spanner he's holding. "Bob Jones, you say," he murmurs. He runs a hand through his short-cropped hair and fixes me with a hard glare. "So he'll have told you what I want, then?"

    I nod and point to the two articulated lorries that followed me into the yard.

    "Twenty five tons of robot dog toys. Fresh off the container ship from Taiwan this morning."

    He nods approvingly and waves a hand at the younger man, sending him scurrying off to check the cargo. "Good, good," he says. "But that's not all, is it?"

    "Here," I say, pulling a sheaf of paper from my pocket and handing it over. "Logbooks showing I've owned this car from new and have driven over five thousand miles in it."

    He grunts as he takes the documents and flips through the pages.

    "I guess that'll do," he says, nodding. He hands the papers back. "What can I do for you, then?"

    "I'd like to get a turbocharger fitted," I say.

    "Turbocharger, you say?" He sucks his gums and shakes his head. "No simple matter, that."

    "I thought...I thought you'd just buy one and fit it?"

    He guffaws wheezily, bending over and actually slapping one hand to his thigh.

    "Just buy one," he gasps. "Oh, lad, I needed that laugh today." He shakes his head and repeats, "Just buy one," like it's the funniest thing he's heard in a long time.

    "Isn't…" I begin but he cuts me off.

    "Let me tell you how it works, son. Turbochargers, well, that's no ordinary technology right there. That's engineering. You can't just go buy a turbocharger. They're made from exotic materials like iron and aluminium."

    Perhaps my puzzlement shows on my face since he composes himself as if expecting familiar questions.

    "Aren't they common materials?" I ask and he nods as if I just confirmed every contemptuous thought he was thinking about me.

    I pull out my phone and flick my fingers over it. "Look!" I say, holding it out to him to show its screen. "I can just buy lumps of iron and aluminium on the internet."

    The engineer just shakes his head in resignation.

    "I need proper aluminium and iron to build you a turbocharger, the kind you can only get from shooting a rock with a rifle until metal falls out. Also, twelve wheel-nuts from a 1977 Toyota Corolla, the front seats from a 2009 Ford Focus, and the ashtray from a mark one Land Rover."

    I stare at him as if he's gone mad.

    "Then," he says, "I'll need the version 1.8 firmware update from a Tesla Model S and the MOT exhaust emissions profile from three or four motorbikes."

    I scratch my head. "Well...I guess I could download the firmware from somewhere on the internet," I say and then shy back as he bursts into another bout of strangled laughter.

    "Hear what he says," he calls to his assistant who just came back in. "Download it, he says!"

    The younger man breaks out into a harsh, braying laugh, his deep-sunken eyes glaring at me.

    "No, no, son," the engineer says, laying a fatherly hand on my shoulder. "What you need to do is drive around until you find a wrecked or burned-out Tesla on the side of the road then get in there, rip the computer out and scavenge the software from it. Maybe check abandoned dealerships as well - who knows what they've left lying around?"

    We lock eyes for a moment and I see that he's entirely serious.

    "And all that will get me a turbocharger?"

    "Well," the engineer says thoughtfully. "That'll be enough for me to have a first go at it. To be honest, son, I hardly know you so I'm just not going to try all that hard. Maybe get two or three more turbochargers fitted, let us develop some rapport, start courting my daughter, and I'll put a bit more effort into it."

    I nod in resignation. If this is what it takes then I am up to the task.

    "One last thing," I say. "Just what do you do with all of those robot dogs?"

    His amused expression crumples into a frown and he steps aggressively into my personal space. I stumble away until my back is against the stained wall of the workshop.

    "That," he growls, his face so close to mine that our noses almost touch, "is strictly between me and my wife!"

    submitted by /u/Marchogion
    [link] [comments]

    How to lose 20mil in an easy hour of high stress and mild panic

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    This game is awesome.

    Be me.

    Be outfitting your brand new 'Conda for combat. Hire Crew. Be Happy.

    Head off to Federation space to complete some combat bonds.

    Forget fuel scoop.

    Realise when low on fuel, have maybe 10Ly of jump left before RatSignal of shame.

    Kill modules to save fuel.

    See fleet carrier in next system. Saved!

    Can't contact for some reason (learn soon after: disabled sensors not so good)

    After some careful googling, discover a planetary base with a L pad that's within range (sub 5Ly by this point).

    Crawl into dock with all modules except thrusters, FSD and sensors disabled (learned that lesson, haven't we).

    Refuel.

    Think "hey, what the hell, these guys saved my bacon, I'll do a couple of missions to repay the favour".

    Pick up a 'massacre' mission and head off to scan some settlement. high-g world - 'conda with B thrusters not happy in 2g.

    Oh... and forget to re-enable all your modules so no Shields.

    No Shields and a Bounty.

    'Conda Pancake.

    Rebuy.

    Prison Station.

    Headdesk.

    This game is awesome.

    submitted by /u/Mikethebert
    [link] [comments]

    IRV Sherpa Arrives at Observation Post Epsilon

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    A friendly goid came to say hi while I was farming meta-alloys

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:56 AM PDT

    Ten days to Odyssey.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    Finally got my name on a ringed earth like! Spent around 200 hours searching A class stars near the core

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:52 AM PDT

    Serious fleet gathering Diaguandri . Never seen so many carriers.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    o7 Zy and to all cmdrs who have lost their fury friends.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    First time seeing a White Dwarf

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    After 1,310 hours I finally decided to join the fight And killed my first cyclops. Next Stop... Hydra!!! :D

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    Be careful coming out of fusion city at CG

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    There is a cmdr in the station somehow killing people exiting the station. This is not a ship build issue, or a git gud issue. It's one shot kill from inside the station. If you're at Dyson, enter the game in solo mode to get out. Look at the chat to see who to block, since I believe names of cmdrs cannot be posted to this subreddit.

    submitted by /u/Lumpkin411
    [link] [comments]

    I just thought this was a e s t h e t i c :)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Hello Colonia!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    I just manually docked for the first time

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    It was an accident. I left not realizing that my new ship didn't have an auto docking module. But it was strangely exhilarating.

    submitted by /u/SpaceUnicorn45678
    [link] [comments]

    Can't remember if I posted this here before, so I'll just slap it on. 3D Resin print of my "Daughter of Elysium", 1/1000 scale. Painted, unpainted, and next to some recognizable ships in the same scale

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    I tried so hard to help him out :(

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    "Whatcha got there?" An empty bank account

    Posted: 08 May 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    My final approach to the Skull and Crossbones Nebula

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    Killing a CZ ship fast can yield higher bonds

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment