• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 2, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey and Horizons Patch - 03/06/2021

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Adding a scope to your shotgun significantly reduces spread, which is a huge buff to your effective range

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    A 0% paintjob Anaconda, in case you ever wondered.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    Heart attack... Decided to run through some canyons 15kly from home

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    Beautiful Solitude

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    I finally made king

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    Rocky moon orbiting a water world [oc]

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    I have had a productive weekend...

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Just bought this beauty

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    An interesting system I just found: an Herbig AE/BE, a Wolf-Rayet and a O Class orbiting a massive SuperGiant Class B. Just wanted to share o7

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    Five of the nine Odyssey Engineers are clones

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    Why did I get shot there?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Brown Moment #56

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    Why do I have to be a thief?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    I have over 3 billion in ships and cash why do I have to steal epoxy resin?

    Just tried out some of the grind for the new suits and weapons and this is a very very poor implementation of any sort of grind. I can almost forgive the ship engineering but the suits and guns is too much.

    submitted by /u/Santorus
    [link] [comments]

    AMD FSR in Elite Dangerous (Massive Performance Boost If Added)

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    So AMD just revealed FidelityFX Super Resolution, which is basically their take on DLSS. The difference is, it will not only work on AMD cards, but also on Nvidia cards. Basically you get an upscaled image that looks like a native image but with way less of a performance hit (so for example, the game could render at 1080p, upscale to 4k, and look basically exactly like a native 4k image).

    We already know Odyssey is a performance hog and doesn't really have any good AA functions built in. So FSR would be a godsend for this game. Especially for VR mode where high framerates are key to maintaining immersion.

    AMD is running a survey right now to see which games people want FSR in. I highly implore you fill this out and suggest Elite Dangerous. It'll provide a huge performance boost for basically no quality loss and will help AMD, Nvidia and Intel users alike. If enough people suggest this game, there's a very good chance AMD will reach out and assist in getting FSR added to Elite Dangerous, which will pretty much end everyone's performance issues with this game.

    Survey Link Here

    submitted by /u/Paganigsegg
    [link] [comments]

    Fairly new to the game, and came across this beautiful ringed planet on my first expedition. Even got my name on it back at the bubble :)

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    Odyssey broke Elite for me

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    I love Elite. It's my favorite game out there. I logged 1,000 hours in a few months. It's not a lot for some people, but it's a lot for me. The only other game I've logged over 1,000 hours is in Planetside 2, and that took me years to do.

    I even pulled in a group of friends to play Elite with me. We created a private group of over 20 players. Slowly, one by one, they stopped playing, but the fire didn't stop for me. I still played it because the Elite world made sense. Everything connected. And all players had their place in Elite. Whether that being roleplaying an Imperial gentleman, or a Fedboi. Or something else entirely.

    When Odyssey was near release, I was ecstatic. I didn't expect much from the expansion. I just wanted something new. I wanted to be able to walk around on stations and we got that. It's a bit copy-paste, but it's acceptable. I wanted to be able to see from my carrier's bridge. We didn't get that, but it's fine. It'll be added later, right? Maybe a year or 2 down the line. I wanted to be able to roleplay a bounty hunter and we got that. We even got a goddamn cowboy cosmetic to go with it. I picked that right up.

    The fps aspect wasn't as important for me, but I tried it out anyway. The fps part of the game gave me mixed signals. Is it going for a slow, simulation-esque style? Or is it going for the Division style? Because you can't have both. That just feels janky. The reload is slow. The swapping weapons is slow. But it takes forever to kill someone. WHY??? You can't have Arma speed and Division health/shield. The rock/paper/scissor tri-damage type "works" for ships, because you can change firegroups instantly. However, it takes forever to swap weapons on foot.

    I can forgive the performance issues and the server issues, because those are unintentional. However, what's not unintentional are the materials grind. Why do I, a KING, need to steal to engineer weapons and suits? Do these engineers not already have the materials? Can I not pay a premium in place of not having to provide materials? I tolerated this in Horizons because you can trade up and down materials for the ones you need. You can also do this in Odyssey, but not for every materials. So, I end up having to grind 30 hours looking for the parts I need to just go from grade 1 to 2. Grind for grinding sake is not gameplay. It's not fun. It's soul draining.

    Weapons also cost a FORTUNE. Why? Why does a pew pew spewer cost 150,000 credits? An SRV with guns already integrated into its chassis only costs 4,000 credits. There is a rift in the Elite lore right now. A handgun costing more than a sidewinder. I play Elite because everything fits in, but how do you explain a handgun costing more than a ship? It's just a regular gun. It's not gold-laced. It doesn't have any intricate designs that separates it from the rest. I don't really know any other games that have what Elite has. Everything has an explanation behind it. A lore. A single person can fly a ship the size of a football field because of AI. However, you don't have ships that are entirely AI controlled, because of lore. How the sentient AIs rebelled. Then you just have this domino effect of lore. How a certain event shapes the universe. But, there are no explanations for why these PEASHOOTERS cost more than ships!

    Sorry. That was a long rant, but I'm just so disappointed, even though I went in with little expectation. I didn't expect the expansion to break the lore. I was so excited that there were going to be new additions to the game, I even bought some of my friends Odyssey copies. Now, I feel bad for dragging them back to this mess. I didn't expect much apart from what was shown.

    I guess I'm going to be taking a break from Elite indefinitely. I know, "who cares"? I'm just a nobody. But I suggest you do too, if you love Elite. The only way FDev will acknowledge us if we stand together as a community. FDev seems like they don't know their fanbase or just don't care. Whatever it is, it's dividing and hurting the community. I consider myself a casual player, so I can only guess at what the veterans and hardcore players are feeling right now. Seeing their favorite game being ruined.

    o7, CMDRs

    May you bask in the glory of the Emperor for all of eternity

    Also when I saw the new planet-tech, I was amazed. Comes release and we got nowhere near that. "It's fine", I told myself. "They probably just forgot to integrate the new tech" right?.... right??????

    submitted by /u/Jadeamean
    [link] [comments]

    A patch containing many fixes and improvements for Odyssey: UI, optimisation, and much more! Horizons will also receive some improvements.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    Splendid new lava lakes with #EliteDangerousOdyssey on metallic planets !

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:04 AM PDT

    I will assassinate Edmund Mahon for 40 opinion polls

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    I don't care if it gives me a 10B bounty in the Alliance, I'm NOT PSUEDO-RELOGGING FOR 60 HOURS, I will go to Diso, find him, and shoot him with my G5 Executioner plasma sniper.

    Payment will be half before and half after the job is finished.

    submitted by /u/Thinkingwithportals1
    [link] [comments]

    When it's good, it's good.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    Work trip flight setup.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Howl at the Moon

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 11:05 PM PDT

    My 1st neutron star. It's....beautiful

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    Is multi crew just completely and utterly broken right now?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    TLDR; Game is fucking broken as shit, and my friend spent two and a half hours and half his credits wasted on Apex due to game breaking bugs, and got literally zero of anything for the time put in.

    A friend just got the game not long ago, and I wanted to show him around. He said he'd like to fly in my cutter, so I put in a fighter bay and took him out, thought we might start with an on foot conflict zone to get him some easy credits.

    I invited him to a wing, and we met up in a station. Oddly, I couldn't see him in the concourse at all, but he could go to my ships hangar, and we could see each other there. Okay, good enough I guess.

    There's no conflict zone in the system we're in, so we need to jump around to find one. But as soon as we hyperspace jump, he just gets stuck on a space screen, no more cockpit, no UI, no nothing. Just blank space and distant stars, game is completely frozen. I told him to wait to restart until I docked, so hopefully he'd be able to come back in at the space station we were going to.

    Well, he definitely logged back in at the space station. Perhaps a bit too literally, as he was outside in the landing area floating there with no way to move, and could only wait for his O2 to run out and die. Not knowing what to do, he fired a few shots (before I could tell him not to) with his gun, and racked up a 300 credit fine.

    Okay, no big deal right, just 300 credits? He waited to die, and because he had a fine in the area he died, he was transported to a detention center ship instead of the station we were at, and is now stranded so fucking far out it's dumb. But it's okay, I found an on foot conflict zone, so he can take a shuttle there instead of probably being ejected out into space again, and we can make him some starting credits, right? It was a bit far for Apex, so he went as far as he could, and I went to go pick him up there, except now despite being in a team we're no longer in the same instance, so he can't go to my ships hangar. Great. So he took another apex flight to the system I'd found the conflict zone, and I went in cutter to go meet him there. For some weird reason, if a wingmate jumps into your system on an apex taxi (and maybe on their own ship too, I'm not sure), my nav computer decides to lock onto them, and when my supercruise assist goes to eject at the station I'd set as my destination, it suddenly just ejects me where he is instead, except he's still in supercruise. So I randomly got warped backwards by around 5k light seconds. Annoying. But hey, I finally got there.

    Well, unfortunately the only space station there was medium so I couldn't park my ship there, but I figured I could land in a different system and take a shuttle there so we could do the conflict zone, and told him he could do one while I was waiting....except medium sized outposts don't have a frontlines solutions, apparently - there just wasn't one there. I'm not sure how people are meant to sign up for those conflict zones without driving directly there, then!

    Finally, having had enough of trying to find a conflict zone (why can't frontline solutions just tell us where a close one is, by the way?), we decided he could just shuttle to a large space station in a neighbouring system, and just hit up a res site - if we could manage to instance with each other, anyway. Thankfully, when his taxi arrived, lo and behold not only could he get into my ship, but we could even see each other in the concourse! Hooray! Only low res sites in this system, but it's fine since he's new. We headed over there, not wanting to hyperspace jump incase he got ejected out the airlock again, and landed into the res zone, where he got to launch a fighter and have a little fun. We racked up 1.5m in bounty money before heading back to the station, finally some progress.

    Right? No. Because apparently he got none of the bounty, at all. Zero. Zilch. He got nothing. So he's now out 50k credits from all these shuttles (which is a lot when he only had 100k), and two and a half hours of time, most of which was trying to instance with each other and get the game to actually work.

    This is where new players would quit the game out of frustration, and it's fortunate he's willing to give the game another chance. I get it, this is a new expansion and there are going to be problems. But this is unacceptable, the game is sometimes in a basically unplayable state, and it's not okay.

    submitted by /u/MrNoobyy
    [link] [comments]

    Mission Giver: Go to such & such Settlement & take the Power Regulator (Me...

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment