• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 26, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    At HIP 26176 right now, where CMDR hyford's cache said to go to. Got this encoded message, translated it to mean col 69 sector JI-I c10-4. On my way there now. Will keep you updated.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 04:44 AM PDT

    literally 1984

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    19 Ships as Animals

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    Nothing special for most of you im sure, but i found my first undiscovered neutron star.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 07:31 AM PDT

    Setup�� do you like it? Upper screen 4 inara and co. Or a good scifi film and also 4 musik��

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    It's pretty out here in the dark

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Planets on fire off the shoulder of Orio-Pesrean Conflux. I watched Neutron star’s beams glitter in the dark near the Wagar’s Reach. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to fly.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    "Seals" what?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    Can we get a CG for a permit to Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3? (Left = Merope right = Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3, it's been unknown permit locked for years). Pic is made from sound a thargoid device makes. Goids mapping it, brain trees close to it, what's going on there?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    A conspiracy, I tell you.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I remember my first time playing with my brother. We had just bought the game and while doing random courier missions, went to Aldrich Station in the Otgeine system, and the autodock waited in queue (with nobody going in or out!) inside the station for long enough that I got a fine and they started telling me they'll shoot my new eagle to bits! it was scary.

    Then the same exact thing happened to my brother. I thought that's kinda sus!
    I /firmly/ believe it's scripted, so you'll learn about paying fines! Conspiracy!

    submitted by /u/CmdrHoratioNovastar
    [link] [comments]

    What a lucky find

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 06:13 AM PDT

    overlook aint lookin to hot..

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    First big purchase, I call her the SS Trident

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    A unnecessary title of a picture that needs no words. Thank you & enjoy.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    when you watch to much Yamiks the youtube homepage get's artsy

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    I hit elite on exploration today while doing Robigo runs!!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    Just another collection of holes.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    I leave the bubble for a year and I come back to this! What'd you all do to the sun??

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    Trip to Colonia diary,day 7: Parked my ship for the day 6083.33ly from Sol

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    Luckiest Lithobreaker FA OFF sidewinder High G Landing Ever - SWS High G Summer Slamdown 3307

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    I took my fleet carrier to HIP 26716 - Oaken Point to collect the logs to share as part of the HIP 22460/Black Flight/Hyford's Cache mystery, there are some MAJOR lore implications here!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    a little help please. after some mild engineering my heat jumps over 80 with every jump and im a little lost on how to compensate on that.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    My Tale of Woe...

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    Long story short, I messed up...big time. Even as a brand-new player, I was...not that bright.

    (TL;DR newbs like me, please save more than you think you need, in terms of money on hand. You never know what could happen...)

    So, my story begins pretty innocuously, a few days ago--newbie, fire up the game for the first time, having tons of fun right out of the gate. :) I checked wikis and forums, quickly got myself into a Cobra MkIII, then a DBX, then Keelback (LOVE that bad boy :)). I found out that I am in love with fighter bays--it just adds a degree of flexibility that makes every engagement more fun, plus security to distract while I run if need be. Plus the roleplay feel of her combat chatter, it makes me smile, and having a dedicated "partner" along with me on long hauls (helps keep one sane out there), who even levels up alongside me! Not to mention it's like having two different ships to play with at any time.

    So, I set my sights on the Krait Mk II--THE ship that I wanted for mid-size, before I worry about getting the big cruiser vessels down the line. I like the feel of medium ships better, though. I set my sights on that gorgeous ship, and start grinding missions.

    I heard on some youtube comment to go out to Robigo for well-paying passenger missions...it was a long voyage, and I was a single jump from being completely stranded along the way, from running out of fuel (just hit a bad string of jumps that I couldn't scoop). It takes me the whole afternoon to make it out there. But I made it, finally!

    Found some good passenger missions out of Sothis/Ceos, start making 1.5M per round trip, still repping up--until I get scanned with a wanted person onboard, and um...end up hitting the station while I'm trying to flee...getting stuck in it while under heavy police fire...wake up in a penitentiary, 250ly away, somewhere in the Pleiades.

    Sigh. I'd just spent the whole afternoon getting out there. Screw it, I say to myself...I'll set up shop here. That way I can get back in business sooner if those bastard cops get rubbed the wrong way again. ;P

    So I do--I make friends in the Pleiades, discover a lucrative single-hop trade route, start making a couple million per run. :) Krait is in sight, and I grind this out all day. I finally get there! Woot! I had been upgrading my Keelback to mostly A-stuff by then, except for mediocre weapons...but I find that not much of it transfers to the Krait, sadly. Ah well, no problem, I'll just grind out those upgrades...

    Except--because I'm not used to flying this bigger ship (with E flight systems), I ended up doing a planet mission, crashing into the buildings at the site, and wind up getting torn apart by turret fire--within an hour of getting my baby. :( Sigh. I barely have enough credits to cover insurance, skin of my teeth, phew. I've barely died at all so far, so I chalk it up to bad beginner's luck...ah well, back to the grind, need some better parts.

    I get interdicted not three jumps later--I had pirate kill missions in the area, so I let it happen. Should be a piece of cake, pirates are eas--WHAT? How the...I've never lost a one-on-one before!! And...I'm dead. Again. Can't afford the insurance this time. They jailed me--I'm trying to think back, maybe I accidentally shot a cop while going after that pirate, because near the end my internals were messed up. I was celebrating my new Krait, so it's quite possible I did some friendly fire in my zeal...sigh.

    I'm now on a star system, another 200ly from my second base. In a Sidewinder. That I can't even plot a route back home in, because it can't even make the jump distance. L-O-L.

    Sigh. All I could do was order my Keelback+systems from across the galaxy and wait an hour. Thankfully did have enough money to at least order the parts. Then another 3 hours, just getting back home. Except, now my trade route has dried up--so, it just feels like starting over from nothing.

     

    So, I owned my dream ship, the Krait Mk II, for a few hours. I once had 46M on hand, too. An entire two days' worth of grinding and traveling...just up in smoke.

    I have a newfound bloodlust for pirates, though--so, at least I've still got a goal. ;)

    Heh...I honestly feel like a teenager, who gets their first car and ends up crashing it within days. Like...wow...just really poor thinking/planning on my part.

    Anyway, thanks for listening to my sob story, if you made it this far. Just had to get it off my chest. :) Back to the grind for Krait #3. My third Krait in three days. :/ I'm actually going to name it "Number Three", to remind myself of my own folly. "Krait's Folly" sounds pretty good as well. ;P

    Thanks for reading, great game and community so far. :)

    submitted by /u/Tidezen
    [link] [comments]

    Journey to Hutton again: epilogue..............some guy stole my mugs :(

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    It really is just about the journey. But the destinations are nice.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment