• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 6, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Question 2: What happened in this system?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    Does the smaller T E not bother anyone else?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    I've finally got my cutter! I'm so glad! (:

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    I did it! I climbed the tallest mountain i've ever come across! (Album

    Posted: 05 Oct 2021 11:48 PM PDT

    Black in Green makes fantastic martinis��

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Got my son a personalized Hutton (travel) Mug, (trying to convince him to do a "father and son weekend trip" to Hutton Orbital with me)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    You're right, Combat Coordinator, that IS a solid victory

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    Ringed star

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    What. This in my settings or something? Where's the exclusion zone?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 05:09 AM PDT

    Met my first thargoid and kind of panicked.. ��

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 02:56 AM PDT

    A bunch of screenshots from the Battle of Delta Pavonis

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    Nautica, the tidally locked sister worlds.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2021 11:05 PM PDT

    What happened on this station?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    New CMDR here! My 1st button box and for Elite Dangerous! Switches didn't work well so I went back to buttons! (1st & 2nd attempt) Labels coming soon! o7����️��

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    I found 3 different species in this beauty of a valley. (Tjupali 7 C)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    CMDR Skullvez Vizsla reporting in. Ready for the hunt with my D.I.Y setup. Happy Hunting! Remember - "People don't have bounties, only acquisitions have bounties" o7����️��

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    Found my first binary start system today.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 02:24 PM PDT

    Num. 1

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I decided to do something different and visited the Bubble Nebula on my Imp Courier.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 05:47 AM PDT

    Odyssey engineering grind is intentionally overcomplicated, there MUST be a better way discovered by now

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    The RNG in acquiring ANY materials for Odyssey engineering is simply atrocious design to be honest, and my will to do anything Odyssey related in the bubble is rapidly fleeting. I work a full time job so I don't get a lot of time to play other than weekends, and so these days if i'm in the bubble 95% of my time is spent just running around settlements gathering useless materials (mostly 15 at a time because the game forces you to upgrade your backpack via engineering) instead of being able to play the content I would like to. The grinds in Horizons were not easy either I will admit, but there was always alternatives to the conventional way of material gathering:

    Raw Mats - G4 100% planets around 30-40 jumps away from the bubble. Took a while to get there and filling up was boring and tedious, but it allowed people to grind raw mats faster if they were willing to sit there and farm them, instead of getting them as a by-product of asteroid mining etc.

    Manufactured Mats - Dav's Hope/High Grade Emissions (pre-nerf). Again, much like the raw mats farming Dav's Hope was VERY tedious and only netted you up to G4 but still, it was an alternative and arguably faster way of gathering materials required for engineering to those willing to put the time in.

    Encoded Mats - Jameson Crash Site. This was literally the easiest grind of them all. Park the SRV in one place, scan 4 beacons and re-log. Repeat until full. As with the other two, very tedious and boring but worth it for those dedicated to farming the data quicker.

    My question is WHY is this not a thing in Odyssey? From what I've seen with the game it feels like everything is designed specifically to be an inconvenience in order to force players to pursue engineering, but then they've made the engineering grind obnoxiously time consuming and complicated. The trading system at bartenders is straight lunacy, finding ANY materials has such an incredible amount of RNG that it's literally anyone's guess where to even get this stuff from in the first place. "oh go here for X mats, no go HERE for X mats" the forums are filled with this over and over.

    Loot spawn RNG x building location RNG x Settlement type RNG x system state RNG x Industry type RNG = Massive waste of time. In order to make mercenary rank grind "easier" you spend weeks farming enough materials to unlock engineers for mods and upgrade ONE weapon to G5, and by the time you've done it you could have just hit elite grinding it out with G1 weapons. What is the point???

    TL;DR - Odyssey engineer grind has been designed to be intentionally overwhelmingly difficult. The devs need to implement faster mats grinding alternatives similar to what we had in Horizons

    submitted by /u/kailoren
    [link] [comments]

    This is why I hate binary systems

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    First day playing Elite Dangerous, thrilled to be part of such a nice community

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    First day playing Elite Dangerous, thrilled to be part of such a nice community

    Starting out, I had two expectations for this game: Beautiful graphics, and vertical learning curve.

    What I didn't expect is how wonderful and welcoming the people would be. Less than ten minutes out from the first tutorial a guy invited me to his group and taught me some basic coms commands. He walked me through buying a gun and pointed me in the direction of the flight tutorial.

    Thanks for the warm welcome, Commanders!

    https://preview.redd.it/uhmrpcwcbur71.jpg?width=945&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a829d0e1ad80cbadf9bd53bb60fa59364012f22d

    submitted by /u/reidzen
    [link] [comments]

    Where to massacre stack?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm looking for a place to stack massacre missions. I've never done them before, but I have a combat ship and I'd like to earn credits in a more exciting way than Robigo missions.

    Can someone suggest a good place and how to do them?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jselph17
    [link] [comments]

    triple Benetiote hotspot, looks like at least 2 overlapping, i don't know much about mining but i know they're high price, is this any good?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    Does anyone else hate the SRV?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    I mean, don't get me wrong... I love having the ability to drive a little buggy around outside my ship.

    But come on, it's the year 3307. Where's my hover car? Why can't it also fly/glide to higher altitudes? Why is there only one model? And why don't we have motorcycle variants?

    submitted by /u/Local_Vermicelli_856
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment