• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 15, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 15, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 15, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 15, 2019)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Black hole fun at the Pyramio Nebula

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Kinda shat myself to be honest

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    Praise the Sun - White Dwarf Style

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:09 AM PDT

    I was pirated at the community goal

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    And it was great.

    CMDR Novo Mundus interdicted my Type 9 today and asked me to halt. I did. He then scanned my cargo and asked for 30 tons of grain, which I quickly jettisoned. He warned me and told me to get going. I landed safely and delivered a little less than 500 tons that I had remaining.

    This encounter happened roughly 30 minutes after I destroyed by a wing of two, who surprised me and took out my thrusters just before the highwake completed, all without a word said or written. All in all, this lasted mere seconds.

    When I told Novo Mundus about this earlier encounter, he offered to help me test the new thrusters, and we went on a chain interdiction run for a while, after which he agreed they are indeed improved.

    The difference between these two encounters should be obvious. In case it isn't, one encounter focused on the human experience on the other side of the screen, while the other did not.

    I've heard many players claim they attack traders and other under powered ships in an attempt to force people to improve their ship. And there is no doubt those earlier attackers helped me pinpoint the weakest part of my ship. But imagine if they stopped firing after I had reached 5% hull, and then offered advice on my build. They could even offer to help me test the upgrade.

    I play in open. I like the interaction it offers. But I understand newer players switching to solo after being attacked like this without a word spoken. We're all playing a multiplayer game, we expect interaction. Some of us even hope to make friends! But honestly, These sort of attacks feel like an overpowered NPC at that point. There's no human aspect to it at all. It's over within seconds, nothing has been learned, nothing has been gained.

    So by all means, attack us. But interact with us. Pirate us. Show us what we're doing wrong. But when you don't communicate, when you don't interact at all, when it seems like you're just in it for the quick kill, don't be surprised if people switch to solo, where there really is no human interaction.

    submitted by /u/TalSh
    [link] [comments]

    First Flight

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 02:39 PM PDT

    Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places - Lovecraft

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Evil Containment

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    Found an unexplored Wolf-Rayet finally

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    Thargoid Barnacle -- Above and Below -- 3D Render

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:37 PM PDT

    Decals are not mirrored since the september patch

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    Can Someone Please Tell Me How I Instantly went from 81% Hull to Dead?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:34 AM PDT

    The Challenger [Elite Dangerous]

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    My new python, Rainbow in the Dark.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    Bright

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:53 PM PDT

    What’s your “home ship”?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    I guess the proper title would be "What's your default ship?", but I want to approach this question less from a game mechanics perspective and more from within the E:D universe.

    Your home ship can be anything! In my mind, I always try to visualize what each ship looks like internally past the cockpit. The Type 9 has decks and decks of cargo space, functioning as an automated warehouse with thrusters. The Cutter looks like Ferrari forayed into interior design.

    For me, despite there arguably being better exploration vessels out there, I feel most at home in my DBX "Nomad". Something about it seems...cozy to me. It doesn't feel too sterile. The exposed wiring makes it feel lived-in, and while it is a smaller ship, it could still have enough living space to hold something akin to a studio apartment.

    That's how I would like to explore the galaxy! Forget gargantuan Anaconda bulkheads and metallic interiors...I'll take an old rug, some strung-up Christmas lights, a coffee maker, and a massive movie collection for those lonely nights out in the wild black yonder. :)

    submitted by /u/flint925
    [link] [comments]

    That hot...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Distortion! (Shumbua AA-A h34)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    3.5km up in SRV after hitting a water geyser at speed. WHEEEEEE!!!!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    College student with nothing better to do on a Monday night, decided to make the long trek

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:51 AM PDT

    Hear me out. A fighter race...with plumes of lava

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:23 AM PDT

    I did a thing in the Pilot's Federation District

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    Originally it was just some theory crafting between myself and a friend, Then it was some testing to see what was possible, and well it may have gotten a little out of control :)

    https://imgur.com/a/K9ws1Km

    https://s.orbis.zone/4s5c

    Here's how:

    • General Info

    It is not possible to do this without 2 accounts or a very generous friend. Money was the easy part. The 2nd account completes wing missions and shares them prior to turn in, the Pilot's Federation District (PFD) account gets local faction rep, and credits but does not get any rank for the mission (combat, trade, exploration). I found source and return wing missions to be the most time effective (1-3 trips in a cutter) provided the feeding account is allied with the factions giving the missions.

    The biggest stumbling block was raw materials. You can loot any and all manufactured/data you want, but raw materials give exploration rank. Grade 1 material gives 25% for the first item you loot, and a small percentage for each time you loot that item thereafter. Grade 2 is 50%, and grade 3 is insta-level 100%. The 91% rank I have in exploration here is entirely from looting 114 pieces of chromium. From testing I found that looting a single grade 2 item and then trading for everything else was the best way to go (no exploration rank from trading), and I went with chromium because of the engineering I was targeting. You can loot up to 134 pieces of a grade 2 prior to leveling (98 or 99% i forget which), but I wanted to leave some margin just in case.

    For those manufactured/data mats I hit up every HGE i came across while traveling, ships scans, and FSD wake scans. Also where available I took mission rewards mats like biotech conductors and MEF. On a previous attempt I went to the bug killer for data, and in the process of scanning there leveled exploration. Thus ruining the attempt and forcing another save reset. I'd recommend not going there for this.

    In order to get maximum use from your limited raw materials supply, you level up the engineers using any pattern they have that only takes manufactured and data. Once you have them high enough then you can spend your raw mats on the actual blueprint you are after. Doing this meant that my engineering took less raw mats then inara predicted.

    • Tod "The Blaster" McQuinn

    It is real easy to gain that first rank in combat so to minimize xp gain I used multi-crew and an NPC Pilot. I actually used 3 accounts here, but the xp gain was so low that 2 should work just fine. PFD account hires an expert npc and assigns them to a fighter. Multi-crew in the other acct(s). Go to low res, and only attack harmless/mostly harmless targets until you have 15 kills ($value doesn't matter). Then go turn in. Immediately head back, and look for those same low ranked targets but with a high $ value, so that you can hit the 100k threshold with as few kills as possible. Don't forget to fire the NPC afterwards.

    • Selene Jean

    Mining 500 tons here was tricky because you don't want to loot ANY raw materials. The way I did it was 2 accts in wing. First acct prospects the rock, then laser mines it with a collector out but no refinery installed. This causes them to only loot the raw mats. Once those were safely out of the way, PFD account moved in with collectors and refinery to process the fragments. It took quite a while to mine 500 tons this way.

    I noticed during previous testing that the ignore list has a cap. At some point adding a new item to the ignore lists causes something that was previously ignored to fall off the list and be valid to loot again. That is why I did it this way. I don't know what the cap is.

    • Bill Turner

    Wing mission turn ins give local faction rep and money, but they do not count towards the global faction rep, at least not that I could tell. The way I got friendly with the alliance was strictly through donation missions. The good news though is that since the PFD account is Penniless the donation amounts are usually 25-50k. The largest I ever saw was 200k. I did wing missions for the Alioth permit, then the PFD went from station to station in Alioth doing donations until friendly. I only did cash missions, I presume that item donation missions would work, but I was so close to being done at this point I didn't want to risk accidentally getting trade rank or something for completing them.

    • Other Engineers

    You could potentially unlock Professor Palin, Zacariah Nemo, Liz Ryder, and Mel Brandon in addition to the ones I've done.

    I'd be wary of exploration rank fetching the sensor fragments for Palin, have the other account do it then trade them over to be safe. Mel Brandon you'd do like part 2 of the Blaster, Expert NPC plus multi-crew in a low res. Other than that just wing missions for faction rep and money and you're good to go.

    submitted by /u/Arctodus_
    [link] [comments]

    I know how many times its been said but I still cant get over how beautiful this game is. First time out in the black visiting a few nebulas then back to the bubble I go

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    Looks about right

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    Took this picture while going to the store to pick up a new ship

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment