• Breaking News

    Friday, November 8, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 08, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 08, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 08, 2019)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Interstellar Initiative - The Golconda

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:20 AM PST

    and who says size doesn't matter...

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:15 AM PST

    When you are on your first trip out of the bubble

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:16 AM PST

    Found this pretty awesome icy body planet with almost transparent rings

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:54 AM PST

    one of my best screenshots

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:25 AM PST

    My Loop of the Milky Way, With Numbers

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:01 AM PST

    Sooo, back in July I went back to Colonia to unlock Etienne Dorn, so that I could engineer my Life Support to a nice Level 5 and give the last little tweak to my jump range.

    It was also a good chance to finally try the Neutron Highway for the first time and catch two birds with one stone. So I left from Shinrarta Dezra, tried a first Neutron Jump, tried another one, got the hang of it, did another 50 or so, got cocky, fucked up and blew up.

    Oh well.

    I set off again, and this time I did it with no accidents.

    After a few days in Colonia, and finished with my engineering, I decided to stay around a little longer, and a few jumps out I made the decision to try the loop around the outer rim of the Galaxy.

    So I carried on East, stopped again at Sag A* to pay my respects, docked at Explorers' Anchorage because why not, and then I was into the Black.

    My goal was now to visit four of the main landmarks of the Milky Way, and so I did: Magellan Star in the Tenebrae Region, the most Easterly sysytem of the Mily Way (Ood Fleau ZJ-I d9-0); the better known and most Northerly Semotus Beacon, in the Abyss (Oevasy SG-Y d0); the most Westerly system Erikson's Star, in the Void, (Sphiesi HX-L d7-0) and finally Amundsen's Star down South in Kepler's Crest (Lyed YJ-I d9-0).

    I also spent several days exploring around the three, distant Permit Locked Zones that roughly laid along my route (spoiler alert: they're still locked, and nothing of note goes around them).

    From Erikson's Star I travelled up again to Lyra's Song to close the loop, and finally back to the Bubble.

    For those who are into pictures, here's an album with a few of them.

    For those who need something to read while on the toilet, here's my logs of the trip.

    For those who like numbers, here they are:

    • Distance travelled: 438,448.66 ly
    • Time travelled: 3 months and 26 days
    • The Route I travelled: this one
    • Systems Discovered First: 8594
    • Payout: 2,015,027,499
    • Scans: 29793
    • Heat Sinks Used in Panic: 4
    • Mapped Planets: 522
    • Ammonia Worlds: 100 (yes, a nice even number)
    • Earth Like Worlds: 48
    • Water Worlds: 756
    • High Metal Content Worlds: 3995
    • Times Landed: 70
    • Of Which Crash Landed: 4
    • Hull at arrival: 54%
    • Scooped Tons: 25972
    • Paintwork at time of departure: Salvage Black
    • Paintwork at arrival: Fucking Awesome
    • Galactic Records Discovered: According to EDSM at least one!
    • CQC hours played in the meantime: 1d 4h 52m
    • Rank achieved: 34
    • Kills: 374
    • Deaths: 468
    • Wins: 19
    • Losses: 210
    • Times I've realized I'm not that good yet at CQC: 468
    • Player who has relentlessly killed me more often: Musketeer

    All in all glorious trip, would do it again.

    submitted by /u/Pisodeuorrior
    [link] [comments]

    I had to let my Co-pawlet go to the beyond tonight, can’t remember being this sad. Take care buddy, been amazing 13 years.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:43 PM PST

    I haven't recieved my ARX even after 5 days of waiting

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 10:21 AM PST

    So, basically, i've bought 16.8K pack via steam, and it's still missing.Yes, i've already sent a ticket to support (same day as bought it) and everything they told me is to patiently wait untill they fix error with steam.I don't know, whether should i request a refund from steam or wait till weak passes.If someone already got same problem, comment pls
    EDIT: I've logined via steam into arx.elitedangerous.com and got 8820 arx instead of 17.700. what the hell is going on...

    submitted by /u/KadotaNukles
    [link] [comments]

    Patience is necessary quality when you are 4500 light years from home

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:50 PM PST

    John Jameson's Crashed Cobra

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:44 AM PST

    AX - Short Demo of FA Off Orbit establishment and attack run with thrust overlay for clarity

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:08 AM PST

    Aliens Pyramids!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Down here, on this little world, adventures are made

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:19 PM PST

    Bad Ass Dolphin

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 10:09 PM PST

    I swear this game continues to astound me.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:26 PM PST

    1st time in Sirius. This game is something

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Taking in some Cosmic Bliss.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:12 AM PST

    Docking: How to know where the entrance is

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:58 AM PST

    Soo i just started out (on PS4) and i got to say, wow what a game. But i have the following problem. How do i know where the entrance to outposts, settlements...etc is? It often happened that i flew around it without finding the entrance...and thus had to.turn on auto dock

    submitted by /u/D0delmann
    [link] [comments]

    Secretive Long-Range Passengers

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:46 AM PST

    Anyone else feel like these missions are exceedingly badly designed? I understand it's to add challenge, but in this case, the punishment for failing that particular challenge is way out of proportion. It's easy to forget that you need to avoid scans after exploring for several days, and once you start being scanned, you only have a few seconds to deploy a heat sink. If you miss that five-second window, you lose the whole payout, and from the view of the contract, you traveled all that way for nothing. Having your ship be destroyed or exceeding the mission time limit would be mistakes deserving of having the entire mission failed, but the scanning requirements aren't.

    This doesn't even make sense from a lore perspective, either. If you got into a taxi, asked them to drive you a hundred miles away, then refused to pay them because you weren't satisfied by their driving, that would be a crime. In-Universe, there would be extremely little incentive for captains to take such passengers given the risk of not being paid at all. That's without mentioning how little sense it makes that a passenger who isn't a criminal would be incensed by being scanned by a police ship. It might be understandable if you were scanned by the space paparazzi, but getting mad at being scanned by anyone is a bit much.

    A better system would be for satisfaction to have a separate, smaller payout given on completion of the mission, similar to a tip. If the passenger isn't satisfied, you miss out on the tip, but you still get paid for the work you put in. This could also be seen as a simple flat starting value to get a captain to agree to the trip, as a sort of insurance. Long-range missions with secretive passengers could also just become a separate type, with secretive passengers awarding higher payouts instead of all passenger missions being secretive. Or, for a lore-sensible version, secretive passengers could simply be designed to ignore scans by police ships and stations, and instead only have their satisfaction reduced if scanned by bounty-hunting or pirating vessels. Or for an even simpler solution, the number of scans before a passenger fails the mission could be increased.

    This was mostly just a venting post for me after I failed a 50 mil mission to a system close to Sag A*. After having reached the system, and making my first visit to the center, I stopped by Explorer's Anchorage for a rest stop and failed the mission after being scanned by the station. I still have my scan data, but it's just frustrating for the mission to have suddenly ending like it did. I'm keeping my hopes up that Frontier will revisit this and implement one of the changes I suggested, or something else that's a bit less aggravating.

    submitted by /u/MildlyAnnoyedShrew
    [link] [comments]

    The Golconda: the real story

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:09 AM PST

    According to Wikipedia:

    The Golconda Fort used to have a vault where the famous Koh-i-Noor and Hope diamonds were once stored along with other diamonds...
    ...At that time, India had the only known diamond mines in the world. Golkonda was the market city of the diamond trade, and gems sold there came from a number of mines. The fortress-city within the walls was famous for diamond trade.

    ref: Golconda Fort

    The Galconda is full of diamonds and who knows how many other riches. That's why they want to avoid any contact with us. They want to protect their rich cargo containers

    submitted by /u/senseimatty
    [link] [comments]

    [New Player] Finally, happy with mining

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:24 AM PST

    Hi Reddit users !

    It will mean nothing for most of you, but I am very happy and proud.

    Played 40 hours so far, and yesterday was my first successful mining Void Opal mission.

    I went on mining for 3 days.

    • The first one, fitting an Asp Explorer for it and watching a lot of video tutorials on "how to" deep core mining. I tried to crack few asteroids, but I hadn't really understand everything, so I failed a lot.
    • The second was very bad. I took a lot of time finding spots in planet rings, and when I did, I got a lot of trouble finding good asteroids candidate, and wasting a lot of Prospectors. I played for 4 hours without getting a single one, and I became disappointed.
    • Yesterday was amazing. After watching other videos to check the kind of asteroids that could give me Void Opals, I went to another system, and another planet where I found two spots in the rings. I searched with the pulse scanner, being more patient than the day before, and I cracked 3 of them, finding 45 void opals. I only played 3 hours, and I have been able to switch to a Python that I'll fit for mining (Builds in comments are welcomed).
      I was a little afraid of the 3 interdictions I got on my way back to sell them, but all's well that ends well.

    I know it is a self-centered post, but I would like to share with you how happy I am, and how rich I'll become soon !

    ^^

    submitted by /u/ds108j
    [link] [comments]

    Fear of re-designing your game (yet how good it can be)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 05:08 AM PST

    Cast you're mind back to getting in you're first Sidewinder. That was me three VERY VERY long weeks ago!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    Never played Elite Dangerous? Own a PS4? Not sure whether to get it.......the answer is a 'yes yes yes' !!!!!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:55 PM PST

    I'm not gonna say much other than I've been a gamer since the Spectrum 48k had rubber keys and the Commodore 64 was to envied! Have always loved gaming. I love RPG/Open world stuff to explore. I also like most people enjoy a bit of outer space. Never played this game until a few weeks ago and I've only three regrets.......

    1) I payed attention to bad comments and reviews often dating so far back that it doesn't represent the game nowadays......It's developed lots. I've not found an up to date review and that is just wrong.

    2) Two much talking about 'grind' and a therefore a needless chore. Well let me ask you this as an example.......in the wild west days of hunting for gold in the USA there would be some who thought it a 'chore' whilst others would be addicted to the hunt. It depends in how you see it.

    2) My last regret is I never played this before now.

    Don't hesitate......the game is an 'onion' .....peel a bit off and it will show you another skin. Also a HUGE appreciation to guides and advice that you get from the contributors on forums and YouTube etc.......they are invaluable. The game is a simply brilliant piece of work.

    submitted by /u/ChunkyJim75
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment