• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 10, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 10, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 10, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 10, 2019)

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Join us for the Elite Dangerous 5th Anniversary!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:39 AM PST

    Got me a sweet new Imperial Corvette

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 04:18 AM PST

    I'd like to introduce the community to CMDR FluffBasket. She sits in front of my monitor until I put her favorite cushion up on my desk for her.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:37 PM PST

    Some hangar needs an upgrade (SRV model + UE4 assets)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 10:13 PM PST

    Nebulas are epic

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:15 PM PST

    THAT'S JUST OBSCENE!! Double hot? Triple?.....a miners dream. What about a 'Quintuple' Low Temperature Diamond hotspot ��������

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 01:24 AM PST

    I'm now doing full sized drawings of elite-dangerous how'd I do

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 09:13 AM PST

    Moon access allowed (ED models + UE4 assets)

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 03:27 AM PST

    Just got her first python. Mining is such hard work.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:58 PM PST

    Don't know what this Planet is, but it will apear in my Nightmares.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    The Type 9 Heavy [Elite Dangerous] - The Pilot

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:27 AM PST

    2 supercharged jumps and nearly ran out of fuel 5 times, but I made it to New Growth on my first exploration mission

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:28 AM PST

    Just got a vasectomy:( uninterrupted elite :)

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:10 AM PST

    I know some of you out there still like the type 10... heres a very serious guide for you :)

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:08 AM PST

    Just found out about Lave Radio, an Elite Dangerous themed radio station. The production value is way higher than it should be for something as niche as this.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 12:27 AM PST

    http://laveradio.com/live/

    It's tripping me out because ED is barely multiplayer as it is, and this is so much time/effort to be putting into something like this. So far, along with the usual music, I've heard ED themed ads, talk shows, and even a few original Elite-themed songs that were way less cringy than I expected. ETS2 had some stations like this, but the production was a lot more janky.

    My only big beef with it so far is that the song volume varies so wildly, and the ads are usually super quiet or super loud compared to the song before/after it, which means I'm either keeping the volume low to be safe or constantly fiddling with it.

    Either way, kind of a cool little thing that adds to the immersion. Too bad you can't add it to the in-game playlist manually.

    submitted by /u/moal09
    [link] [comments]

    Well, dis gonna take a while.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 01:28 PM PST

    A pink class 3!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:11 AM PST

    One last look at Mars before I set off into the black - I can't wait to see what's out there!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 04:17 PM PST

    How to get MATERIALS by killing Belugas

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 04:47 AM PST

    Suggestion: Pre-programmed camera flyby

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 11:47 AM PST

    (Dunno if this is the right place)

    I had a (probably unoriginal) idea - for those of us who are not versed in the ways of camera-ing,
    How about a simple keystroke command that would do a camera loop on a pre-programmed route around your ship to show off the view from all angles? (Maybe this would come from FDev, or maybe it could be somehow from a player source?)
    I'm imagining it could take a path around the ship that would get the whole thing after 2 orbits, 15-30 seconds.

    submitted by /u/galadiman
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: If you have issues with your HOTAS not showing up in Elite, try launching from the direct folder not through steam.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:42 AM PST

    I had taken a break from ED for the last couple months, and had gotten the bug again.

    I went to load it up and none of my controls were working on my x52pro Hotas, worse yet was the hotas was not even showing up in the controls section.

    This led to a few hours of removing, restoring, and editing of my binding files; reinstalling drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Elite Dangerous, purchasing another game that uses a hotas for testing, and finally trying to apply registry edits to reset the game controller files.

    Nothing worked, the controller was showing up fine in the windows game controller properties, and all the buttons and axis's were registering correctly, but nothing in any games. I was contemplating nuking windows for a fresh install when I stumbled across a message in the steam forums.

    When I browsed to the install directory and launched ED from there, my x52pro showed up and functions properly, but if I go back and launch it from steam it will not show.

    I have submitted a ticket to steam, but wanted to share this in case anyone else comes across the problem.

    TLDR: x52pro hotas not showing up in the steam version of Elite Dangerous. Works in windows control panel. Launch it instead from the install directory and it will work fine.

    submitted by /u/mkaku
    [link] [comments]

    Where are the player alliances, how's the MP meta, and what do you think of it so far?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:17 PM PST

    Hi, big newbie here, but learning so much every day - i don't think a game has worked me that much since , well, the original elite, or the late 80's flight sim.

    And of course i love the community! everyone has been so kind and helpful so far. Thanks gals and guys!

    Now for my question: I see from the wiki that there are roughtly 1500 minor player factions. I'm surprised though because unlike other games, especially MMOs, i'm not seeing the usual guild recruitment threads etc. In other words i'm kinda expecting an eve-like meta, but not seing it .

    So, questions:

    - am i missing the obvious? is this game akin to eve in terms of MP or not at all?

    - are things like the 'golconda' i read about in galnet part of it? how can i get involved in such thing? it looks awesome!

    - if there's an MP meta like i'm expecting, where can i find the websites/subreddits covering all this?

    - as experts, what are your opinions of the multiplayer element so far? what are you looking forwar to in the next year or so?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/opiatenaive_
    [link] [comments]

    A thought for a new optional internal

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 03:50 PM PST

    What do you guys think of an optional internal(Probably military), that gives you more ammunition capacity. I find while pveving in my cutter I run out of ammo too often. I don't think that just ammo capacity would be enough to use a whole optional internal so maybe it should add a bit of hull reinforcement too.

    submitted by /u/Cerberus11x
    [link] [comments]

    The quantity of stars on my trip to Colonia blew me away!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:34 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment