• Breaking News

    Monday, December 16, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 16, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 16, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 16, 2019)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Julio knows whats up

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:26 AM PST

    Infographic - a glance at 2019! Celebrating 5 years of Elite Dangerous

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Undiscovered black hole in front of a mostly-undiscovered nebula. Don't mind if I do... [No, I'm not sharing the system for now]

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 12:04 PM PST

    VR ruined 2D Elite for me

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:41 AM PST

    First thing I did when Oculus Link went live was connect to my gaming rig and booted up Elite, which I had not played for several months now. I wanted to see if Elite VR was as great as I imagined. Well, it was somehow better!

    But there is a problem. I decided to give my face a break from the headset and do a few missions in 2D. I...I just can't do it. It feels SOOO flat. But beyond that, not being able to freely look around the cabin and out the windows without awkwardly using my hat is the killer. It feels like a cheap shell of what the VR version is.

    So I'm officially re-hooked on this game. There goes my free time.

    submitted by /u/Captain_Crepe
    [link] [comments]

    Challenge from SMAC squad, Land on Achenar 3 in a high weight ship. Comment how it went, its a 6.7g planet, Im in the white vette the NSN Tenru and my squadmate Darth Montu in the sexy black.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:09 AM PST

    Finally checked Srg A* off my to-do list, thanks to whoever decided to put this station here. Got the melted wires and hull fixed, sold 57 mil of exploration data, and off to Colonia we go.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 03:37 PM PST

    Love the sound fx!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 05:13 PM PST

    Setting down for the night so thought I'd get the camp fire going.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:37 AM PST

    Mama of Gamer Has a Question!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:12 AM PST

    Hi! PLEASE tell me the difference between "Deluxe Edition" & "Legendary Edition". 👀🤦 I don't understand & I don't want to buy the wrong game. My son is asking for the "Deluxe Edition" - is it the best? I am ONLY finding it for sale through Microsoft. Are there other outlets selling? All other stores & Amazon only have the "Legendary Edition" (and MUCH cheaper). Please & thank you! This Mama DOESN'T wanna mess-up or disappoint! 🤣❤🤦

    submitted by /u/KindOpportunity3
    [link] [comments]

    Which fire key did I put Heatsink under again ??????

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 05:45 AM PST

    Elite IS actually fun: A big thank you to the community and developers

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    This will be a mouthful, and its very unlike me to post anything, let alone anything to a subreddit, but I felt compelled to say something about this community that I have found myself a part of. I'm an Xbox player and have owned this game since roughly spring 2018, but only really got into it around August this year. I use the APIs, regularly check FDev forums, and keep up with the various subreddits. I wanted to give the game a second chance; coincidentally, right before fleet carriers were announced. You see, I had taken almost a year off of the game to play other "more exciting" games because they offered quick rewards with less commitment. I'm 23 and studying finance, sometimes I could only get one game in per night but I was okay with that. Heck, I went from a silver to a platinum player on Siege because I just wanted to be better at it. I watched pros play it and looked at videos on tactics, timing, and positioning. With that same committed mindset, I came back to Elite ready to grind out some vopals to pay for my own fleet carrier. I quickly learned about hotspot-overlaps and switched to Painite mining with all the free time I had left over between school and work (I'd say sleep as well, but sometimes I just HAD to run out of limpets before calling it a night, you guys get it).

    When fleet carriers were delayed it was a disappointing moment for me. I now had at least two billion credits of assets and no primary goal. As a primarily FPS player, I didn't really know what to do with myself, without a finite objective to unlock, I really stuggled with finding a reason to play the game. All my "experienced" friends who picked up the game at the same time that I did and took the same hiatus that I did just quit the game cold turkey and uninstalled it out of protest until more "content" was added. At the time I completely understood the mindset and would have done the same thing too if it hadn't been for the fact that a couple of people I knew, including my brother, had just purchased the game. Full of the standard new-player questions and wonder, they kept me around in the game so that I could act as an organic Wikipedia, as in, I wasn't the source of knowledge but I could summarize logically and refer you to where I found the information. It was a drag at first, no questions about that, but in the past months I have found myself amazed at the wealth of knowledge and support that this community has provided. Every time I was asked a question I didn't know, someone had already answered it in a forum logically and, generally speaking, politely. I don't know when it happened exactly but eventually i started asking my own questions like "is there a way to mitigate the grind?". It didn't matter which grind, just any of them. Here's where it stared getting weird.... there always was a way.

    It started with explorer rank: change galaxy map to filter economies by agriculture and terraforming and just map the planets of value. Then I wanted to know how to fam mats better: crashed Condas and jameson crash site for starters. The list kept growing. There was always a reddit post, steam community forum, youtube video, or stream that I could reference to answer my questions. I mean, and i know i probably shouldn't go advertising this, but I got to Duke /Rear Admiral in like a day each when I actually committed to getting it done. With my ample ample supply of credits, the primary concern that noobs like me have/had, money, was taken out of the equation. I stared to see all the things I could do, rather than all the things I had to do. What I found was that the game only looks like a grind-fest to nothing because I wasn't approaching it with the right mindset. I wanted to be rewarded for my actions in the game, and yes that does sometimes happen too, but what I came to learn was that the reward WAS the action. I stopped trying to find the fastest way to mine because of money, instead I tried to just be a better miner. With that approach I wanted to try new things. I didn't have to smuggle goods for money, but it seemed like an exciting things that I could try to see if I like it. It was the same with small-craft combat, thargoid hunting, actual exploration, high-intensity conflict zones, and even just driving my SRV around a planetary port. It took a little while to view this game as something other than a simple game, because I really just wanted to just load into an adventure at first. Now I find myself creating my own adventures, attempting to fly without assists, trying new ship build ideas, or even enjoying the simple, regular, and routine things like materials farming.

    All around, I find myself enjoying the game in almost every aspect and I really have to say that I owe it to this community as a whole. Most of my Xbox pals don't understand why I still play the game and i never really was able to explain it until right now, literally spelling it out in front of me. To my fellow commanders, thank you for helping me sort out all my dumb ideas and providing the knowledge and experience needed to focus my effort to something that could be fruitful. To the people over at FDev, you really have done something special with this game and I don't know if I'll ever feel this way about another game in the near future. Thank you for putting up with all the bickering, I'm actually looking forward to the long-term of a game and I've never felt that way before. This game has and continues to be a wild ride that I'm just happy to be at least a part of. If you made it all the way to the end here, you are exactly the kind of person who especially made this game a better place. The kind of person who takes time to hear from another player and give/receive feedback, so a special thanks to you too. Everyone here, from the people who write really technical and detailed responses to the people who just post exploration screenshots, are the reason that I have found myself so completely immersed in a game that I didn't even know existed. Its hard to put into words but writing something like this is the last thing I would ever do unless I absolutely meant it from the bottom of my heart.

    As always, fly dangerously commanders. o7

    submitted by /u/CowboyUprising
    [link] [comments]

    The sky is getting crowded here

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 05:13 PM PST

    Greetings CMDR's I finally reached my first Elite rank (Explorer).

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:40 AM PST

    Well I've just finished my first proper exploration trip. A simple run. Learnt many valuable things on the way BUT the most important one was that I now have the ability to ignore the sound of a woman's voice ������

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:17 AM PST

    Going on my first journey outside the Bubble. Heading to the Coalsack nebula. Wish me luck!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 08:58 PM PST

    I finally got there. Just no idea what to do now... I need to go back and see all the things I missed. No other human pilots anywhere!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 02:36 PM PST

    The Rookie Mistake!!! (LONG READ)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 02:17 PM PST

    Hello Cmdr's

    I would like to share my rookie mistake's I made yesterday that took me from a FDL down to a sidewinder.

    Was I a dumb ass??? Yes... Did I get cocky??? Yes...

    Did I give up??? No.... Am I still enjoying the game after loosing 50mil??? YES!!!

    Ok that's enough foreplay let's get into it. About two weeks ago I picked up the sticks again. And started exploring ways to get me into a bigger ship. And then the Federation double experience grind happned... I really wanted that gunship. And if I grind enough I could end up in a vette. So I start the grind. Working my way up to ensign. And then my laptop said nope... I have a older gaming laptop that up until about a week ago ran fine. Well now the gpu poops out anytime I try to fire up any game. I am thinking the onboard nvidea gpu is dead now...so... yea that sucks. But it's not the end of the world. I have a gaming desktop it just means I can only play at home... no biggie... 1st world problems I know. But I'm getting sidetracked....

    Back to the grind... so the end of year thingy happens and I am thinking you know what I should do this. What's the point of being high in fed rank if you cant afford the ships. So I head over to the reorte system and start the grind. I'm doing good in my opinion. I had my vulture and was taking in kills... still not alot of credits tho. So I sold the vulture and got in an assault ship. I wanted to play around with the hanger bay. It was fun... alot of fun... but at this point after upgrades I'm dangerously close to passing the rebuy redzone... so I stop bounty hunting and strip the ship and turn it into a big hauler... just bairly 100tons. With no shields... so I start the run to Vale and Ciso (prop not correct spelling) but each system was one jump away. So... grind grind grind. And after awhile I had enough for a type 7.

    The type 7 was amazing 288 tons... and I was making good progression on the community goal. At one point I got up to the top 25% and I'm making good credits... so I decide to take a break from the community goal and head back to work on my Federation rank. So I'm doing mission with the type 7 and I scrape up enough credits for a FDL. Just enough if I trade in the type 7... this is where I should have said just wait.... until after the community event... But I really wanted that FDL...

    So I did it... I took the leap and I got into an FDL. And I really enjoyed it. I had just enough credits for ONE rebuy. So I'm playing it safe... but I quickly realized I had made a terrible mistake... I could not afford any upgrades... luckily I still had some class 3 hard points in storage. So I ship them too myself and engineer the stock frameshift drive to get a little more jump range. And then I got impatient. It was going to take 30 min to transfer my hard points.

    So I decided to do some light bounty hunting to kill the time. And.... I died.... just enough credit for ONE rebuy remember.... so now I'm trying to think what can I do??? I'm too scared to bounty in a stock FDL... I sell my hard points and buy cargo racks. so I turned it into a cargo ship...... I scrape up enough credits to get a hauler... so I'm clawing my way out...

    But then the Dumb strikes again!!!

    I am getting the hauler ready.. upgraded the FSD but still I'm in the red. But atleast I'm not risking the FDL.. and then I accidentally left the station in the FDL. I wasn't paying attention to what ship I was in. So right Away I realize I am in the wrong ship... but I decided to make the trade run anways... what could happen??? And.... I blew up... ran this beautiful 40+mill pain in my ass right into the station with no shields...

    Well I am In shock at what I have just done... words can not discribe it... it just happned... I'm sitting here looking at the rebuy screen and there is nothing I can do... the loan will not cover it. Hell I cant even switch to the other ship... my only choice was start over with the sidewinder....

    So there you have it... and what did I learn from all of this?

    Always have enough $$$ for a rebuy.... Always have patience.... that new ship will always be there.... Always Research your ship before you buy...the FDL is fun but I regretted it as soon as I got it. And above all... Have fun!!!!

    Going back to a sidewinder sucks. But the game is still fun... I have already made my way up to an adder and will be back in the type 7 before too long. I figured since I basicly have to start over. I might as well do some mining. Never really got into mining or exploration so yea... I'll give that a go for a little while.

    Anyways thanks for reading my long post.

    submitted by /u/phantom2404
    [link] [comments]

    My first time visiting Voyager 1 ��️

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 05:51 PM PST

    Celebrating 5 years of Elite Dangerous!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:50 AM PST

    No matter how many time i do this, it never ceases to be a just breathtaking sight.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 03:00 AM PST

    Made it :-)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 07:55 PM PST

    The best way to gather materials in the whole galaxy!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 11:25 AM PST

    Random thought - Shouldn't SRVs be able to simulate gravity using thrusters the same way FA keeps ships oriented?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 03:21 AM PST

    Just something that had crossed my mind. SRV should be able to reduce the amount of air time when traversing terrain simply by using accelerometers and a combination of pitch and roll thrust to correct for low G. You could toggle it on and off, and it would pull from the thrust capacitor to allow the vehicle much higher ground speeds at the cost of flight time/distance. You could even maybe set it to incrementally higher G forces to really keep the SRV planted.

    submitted by /u/MisterEinc
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks to mining i can now mine and bask in glory :)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment