• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 17, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 17, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 17, 2019)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Spitfire

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:33 AM PST

    Anyone use a type-10 and strictly hunt thargoid? This seems very fun to me.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:43 AM PST

    I had to scan 56 bodies in this system, but the last icy moon prepared a gift full of tellurium for me

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:49 PM PST

    Trying so hard to make bark mound's look interesting

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:04 AM PST

    Christmas gift came early. Fly safe this winter! o7

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:18 AM PST

    Weird path/spiral distribution of NOTABLE STAR PHENOMENA discovered. (part III)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:21 PM PST

    4 years in, and I’m finally on my way to... somewhere.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:38 AM PST

    I've been a bubble boy for four years. Sure, did some short trips outside on the assumption at the time that I'd keep going and become this great explorer, but then the black would sink in.

    "Why am I doing this?"

    "Where am I going?"

    A couple years later engineers hit, and I had a new reason to shoot off to the stars. Yet still, hundreds or maybe a couple thousand light years away, the same feelings would sink in. Maybe I'm not cut out for exploration and grand (albeit somewhat less exciting than what you can find in the bubble) adventures across unknown skies. By this time I've owned all the ships. Engineered most. Bought and sold most all types of goods. Mined. Fought. Emerged victorious with a wallet that likely won't flinch come fleet carriers. And earned all that well before the mining rush, passenger missions... and whatever else I'm forgetting.

    Then a paint job changed my life. That dolphin black taxi paint job, that popped up somewhere and my mind latched onto it. In the span of a week and a half, I went from bubble boy to 70 odd jumps away from Sag A with a couple scientists on board paying me a ridiculous amount of money for the trip - nothing compared to what the cartography office is gonna drop on me but hey.

    Now, I'm floating in deep space giving my tired FSS a brief rest, and smiling at the text I got from my boss this morning about taking the day off due to lack of work. Today is the day I reach my first goal. And second, technically. Today my passengers complete their trip 2 weeks early, and I reach Sag A. After that? I honestly don't know. I still have the urge to head back and fire up the corvette to make some space dust. But it's nowhere near as strong as before. I have zero urge to clean up my paint job, each scratch a memory of a system explored. The view from my cockpit with SO MANY STARS is gonna be something that'll bug me when I'm back, I know.

    So if anyone sees a dolphin, black taxi paint job named the Solar Surfer, toss a wave out the airlock on your way by. Doesn't matter where, or when. I'm just happy to count myself among the few (surprisingly so looking at the game metrics) to have made it this far. And who knows. Maybe I'll be heading out further, searching. Exploring. And occasionally swearing at myself for not checking the gravity before landing on some crazy exoplanet.

    That is all. Fly safe, commanders. o7. It's a bigger galaxy than most of us ever realized.

    submitted by /u/Legendofstuff
    [link] [comments]

    Feels a little weird playing ED if you remember the older games.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:04 AM PST

    So happy right now found my first AND undiscovered ELW...wish me luck that I can actually put my name on it

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:47 PM PST

    Hey CMDRs, I need some help with something.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:16 PM PST

    I don't even know where to start. I learnt this morning that my mums cancer can't be treated any longer and I don't know how long I have with her. I don't want to turn this into a sob story, she wouldn't want that. When I used to play Elite religiously I always tried to get my mum involved since she moved to talk about space with me, and what better way to show her types of stars and planets than Elite? I know for a fact she didn't fully understand how the game worked but she sat tight and listened and watched me fly my Viper or ASP around either shooting pirates or scanning stars and black-holes.

    I've always promised her that I'd have a star named after her in real life but sadly this has all come so quick and unexpected. I've seen it happen before but of course I don't expect everyone's mum or friend to have a star named after them just because of a Reddit post. But it would mean so so much to me and my mum if it could happen.

    I will be honest I haven't played Elite in a while because of life, studies, moving in and out 2 times and starting a masters degree.

    Her name is Sara and she's the most beautiful kind person I've ever known. She's my pillar and I'm going to be lost without her. Thank you for reading if you've made it this far friends.
    Go hug the person you love the most and hold them tight.

    submitted by /u/Joshter50_Rekt
    [link] [comments]

    Mountain View

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:02 AM PST

    This is why I want to be able to walk around.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:14 AM PST

    Sometimes the galaxy is a breathtaking sweep of glittering gems strewn across black velvet, but from the right place... It's a lit fart shooting from a weird butt.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:01 AM PST

    When you name your space station after your ex....

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    Join the Minutemen, we have Bacon!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:53 PM PST

    Would you like to know more?

    The Minutemen are a long time Federal Player Faction and are currently recruiting CMDRs. We have an active BGS team that is intent on expanding our little bubble in space as well as members who enjoy Exploration, PvP, and Anti-Xeno activities. We are a Federal group and most of us that Powerplay are pledged to Winters. We are a pretty casual, so participate as your time allows.

    JOIN THE MINUTEMEN, WE HAVE BACON!

    Discord Link: https://discord.gg/J4SMX2g

    Inara Link: https://inara.cz/squadron/88/

    submitted by /u/axle2121
    [link] [comments]

    A bit insanely high rebuy cost (bug?)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:36 PM PST

    2 years ago I got killed by a Thargoid, yesterday I finally got my first payback.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:33 PM PST

    Killing a Thargoid is probably nothing special here, but I want to share with you guys one of my experiences with the game, and this one is definitely one of the more memorable one.

     

    I first got the game 2 years ago with Horizon, was a traveller explorer through and through in my AspX. My first expedition was 5kly into the black, not that far but I got a lot of fun and racked up quite a decent paycheck, hunting eathlike habitable planet was lucrative back then. Unbeknownst to me, it'd be my last expedition trip. On the way back, I decided to visit one of the engineer and upgrade my FSD which required me to buy one unit of Meta Alloys. Here begun my doom. As soon as I left the station and started my jump, my screen turn red and I got pulled out of hyperspace. It was a goid. Back then I didn't know much about them, I knew they're around and saw a couple of photos, but that's it. I didn't know they could pull you out of hyperspace. Taken completely by surprised, horrified me decided to...target and scan the creature. And the rest is history. My fate was sealed, the goid quickly dropped my shield while his drones chewed through my hull. This was the last thing I saw before my ship turned into space dust. Even worse, I hadn't turned in my exploration data yet. So that first trip was nothing more but memories.

    I never went out for any other exploration trip. Didn't quit the game right after that, bought my ship back and did a little engineering, took part in a couple of board-flipping gold rush. But something in me had already died and eventually I dropped the game completely.

     

    That was until 2 weeks ago. Due to health issue, I had to leave my job. Suddenly found myself with a lot of freetime, I decided to get back into Elite, which I've always wanted to but never felt committed enough to actually go back. But this time, I know I have a score to settle.

    Firts, I needed money to fund my personal war so I learn how to mine. I brough out my good old python and started deep-core, and eventually moved to double panite. Haven't played the game for so long, it felt like I was playing Elite for the first time. I had to re-learn the control, read a bunch of guides. But it worked out fine and I got to my first billion.

    Then, I needed a good boom stick. Who's better at dealing with goid than the Guardian? So I set out to find their ruins. After went through a series of incredible visual marvels and less incredible game play loops. I finally got all the modules I needed.

    I thought I had enough of everything, but then I realised, I didn't have any experience in combat. Never even been to a haz-res before. And that flight-assist-off technique, completely illiterate. So, just like the old time, I spent hours watching flying technique videos, practising thruster control etc. Things that 2 years ago I didn't even think I'd do.

    Finally, yesterday, I decided that the time had come. Jumped out to Asterope in my AX Kraith. Scanned for the signal, then dropped in. Despite the fact that I'd done extensive research about them, it's still terrifying seeing one up close for real. I could feel adrenaline rushing in my blood, the thing I'd spent so much time preparing for, the prize, it's right there for me to get. I opened fire...without scanning it first, or deploying my fighter. Got my shield knocked down because I was being to greedy trying to get the first heart. I went on to make every mistakes you could make fighting a thargoid. But somehow, in the end, I managed to killed it, with 6% hull left. I haven't feel happy like that for a while.

    I used to dislike Elite because of the grind's horrendous gameplay, I still do. But for killing this small thargoid, I've found myself with the level of commitment I haven't seen for a longtime, not for a videogame. I worked really hard for my goal, and to actually achieve it, felt absolutely awesome.

    Elite is fun.

    tldr: Local man angry at space bug for killing his AspX, set out for revenge after holding a grudge for two years.

    submitted by /u/thesilentwizard
    [link] [comments]

    Make a hole, make it wide. Purple Cow is headin outside.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:41 PM PST

    Finally got my Sol permit after weeks of hard work!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:38 PM PST

    Incredible story about the Devs

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:06 AM PST

    Was looking for ship builds and stumbled on this article. What an amazing gesture by the Devs and community. Love it!

    https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/jul/04/how-a-video-game-community-filled-my-nephews-final-days-with-happiness-elite-dangerous

    submitted by /u/armymdic00
    [link] [comments]

    THIS IS ELITE DANGEROUS 2.0 - HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:07 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment