• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 19, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 19, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 19, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 19, 2019)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ED - Atmospheric flight (free fan-game demo)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 04:38 AM PST

    I’m no technician, so I can’t make a switch box and stuff. There’s an app on the Apple store (might be available for android though I’m not sure) called CUSTOM CONTROL PAD. it’s easy to set up and it give you infinite button possibility’s. just thought I would share my fave elite companion.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 03:25 AM PST

    Dances with Giants

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:29 AM PST

    My Anaconda below the galaxy

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 07:11 AM PST

    FDL to Beagle, Year 1 summary

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 04:21 AM PST

    Greetings Commanders

    TLDR at end

    For the last year, I have been exploring the galaxy in a Fer De Lance, unengineered.

    I have jumped 57,061.96LY, through 3246 systems. I've FSS scanned 56.5K objects (37.5K planets), and mapped 2070 of them for an estimated value of 1.43 billion credits.

    I've got 260K LY left of my journey to go, but this post is to reflect on the journey so far.

    It's March of 2016, the first Distant Worlds expedition is well underway. A budding young pilot looks at the buckyball tables and thinks "that 19 day FDL record. I can beat that." 3 days 10 hours later, I did. Along the way I met CMDR Elan Solo on the way to Beagle Point in his Anaconda. We hung out on a planet for a while, and he carried onward. I was pondering on whether to follow along. A short time later, I began flying further out than i'd ever gone before. I'd been to Sag A* four times by now, but never ventured out beyond the center.

    Days and weeks passed, and eventually space madness got the better of me. I landed on a planet 62,688LY from home, and pressed the self destruct button. I believe I was around 8000 LY away from my target of Beagle Point.

    After 2 and a half years, and 9 visits more to Sag A*, Beagle Point was calling again. I bought a new FDL, outfitted the same (except for the Discovery Scanner, thanks FDev), and planned out a route, which would take me on a journey 315,126LY long.

    6 days before Christmas, I took off from Galileo, Sol. The first stage of my journey took me through Thor's Eye, discovering life in the Trifid Sector, and civilization amongst the stars. Nearly 4 months later, though only 3 days of gameplay, I arrived at my first waypoint, 8000ly away from home.

    The next stage went much quicker, covering nearly 6,500ly in a month. Terraformable worlds with majestic asteroid rings, lonely Earth Likes hovering in the void, and a gas giant, with 3 million KM radius rings. 2 more days of gameplay later, I arrived at the next waypoint, A Collection of Wonders.

    Stage 3 gets confusing. What should have only been a 1,800ly trip north, was more than double that. 900ly south of the wonders, Ellaisms Remnant caught my eye on the galaxy map. After a day of gameplay, I arrived at what should have been a bright pink gas giant, but instead I found a dulled down, washed out planet hanging in its place.

    Now, upwards to colonia. A 12,000ly long journey along an 8,600ly line (aren't detours fun). After Neutrons and Nebulae, Black Holes and Bioluminescent Anemones, and the first Ringed Earth-Like on my journey, I arrived at Jaques Station once again.

    When I set off, the plan was to never dock until I made it home. However since my departure in late December (6 months prior at this point), Frontier added a supercruise assist module, so I made a pit-stop at Jaques to outfit one, and paid a visit to the Dove Enigma, then continued on my way.

    I ventured east towards the core. The first stop was an ammonia world with tremendous rings, at which point I invited CMDR Carrumba to join me, as he too had arrived at Colonia just days prior. He insisted I continue my journey and that he would catch up, but a few jumps later I discovered a ringed earth-like world hiding only 900ly away from civilization. I mapped the system while he rushed out, but I saved the earth-like for last. As my probes touched down, Carrumba arrived. After a brief chat we parted ways, and through him selling his data something very unexpected happened for me. My name appeared, I honestly didn't think it would happen until I sold the data too.

    Stage 6 begins nearly 7 months after the journey begun. Swallowing Neutrons, finding Anemones, and a crashed SRV. Nebulae and fire, and Ringed Earth-Like number three. 14.5 days of gameplay brings me to Explorers Anchorage. A quick stop here to repair the hull and powerplant before carrying on... which seemed pointless the very next jump, while crashing into Sag A*

    From Sag A* I went 2,500ly straight upwards, to my favourite place in the galaxy. Quemeou AA-A d37 - When we eventually get elite-feet, and can land on ELWs, I will be retiring here. For now though, onwards and downwards, with a lot of downtime and no gameplay from August to mid November. A Fireside respite, and yet more nebulae leads me to now.

    After 12 months. 17 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes of gameplay, I find myself at one corner of a region of space I call "The Cube". A 50 Cubic Light Year region of space where nobody has been before, according to EDSM. For the forseeable future I plan to fully map every planet, in every system within that region of space. I just hope it doesn't take all year...

    If anyone has any questions about this journey, please do ask below. If some get asked frequently I may consider adding an FAQ comment

    If you have any suggestions of places I should go, that aren't going to take me backwards in my journey, please feel free to suggest them in the comments section

    Thank you for taking the time to read this, Fly safe Commanders o7

    TLDR: Space nutter (me), spends a year in an unengineered FDL doing 56,500ly of a 315,000ly journey, and finds lots of pretty things.

    submitted by /u/tomparkes1993
    [link] [comments]

    TODAY ......I bought a Beluga. TODAY .......I 'A' rated a Beluga. TODAY ......I engineered a Beluga. TODAY .......I did missions in a Beluga. TODAY .......I sold a Beluga ��������

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 07:58 AM PST

    Neon Nights - 80s Synthwave HUD Re-Colour - https://imgur.com/a/3IPMZxJ

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 03:14 AM PST

    Occupied escape pod in an untagged Red Giant system. Someone's VERY lucky day!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:15 AM PST

    It may have the shortest jump range of the entire game, but I love my Federal Dropship

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 10:27 AM PST

    Black holes, I can't get enough of them

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 12:57 PM PST

    Dear brown dwarf

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 11:40 PM PST

    Fuck you. Seem a bit harsh? Maybe. Maybe not. In fact, most certainly not. I drop in and see you just sitting there like a star should. Just sitting there? Check. That's something stars do. Not too bright, but that's okay, you can still contribute something. Same with people. Somebody needs to run the shopping carts from the parking lot back into Kroger. So I give you the benefit of the doubt and give that system a good honk to see what's going on. You know what I find? 6 icy bodies. 3 are orbiting each other because God knows you're not interesting enough to be able to hold on to something with water or something even remotely terraformable. The other three are orbiting a gas giant that had the good sense to not claim to be a star because it knows its place. You know Jupiter? People like Jupiter. Jupiter is big and brown, much like yourself, but Jupiter is a planet. Jupiter should be a planet. It's got dope moons like Io and Europa that are doing their thing with lots going on. It's got a big 'ol storm that everyone knows about. That's tight. But Jupiter knows that it's not Sol. You? You think you're the center of the system, and technically you are, but what do you do? Make everything pink. Is that it? Pink is my favorite color, but pink don't make earth-likes. Pink don't make waterworlds. Pink just makes rocky moons with jack shit to scope out. Now you might be thinking, "Cmdr Swaghat, stars are the fuel source for your My Little Pony themed Diamondback to explore the farthest reaches of our galaxy, at least we provide that!" No. No you don't. That 4B fuel scoop is taking the day off when a brown dwarf is around. If I get close enough to scoop a brown dwarf the Framseshift drive steps in and says, "I'm taking the day off, too. Enjoy your emergency stop." And then I have to sit and stare at your pink, non-contributing ass for another ten minutes until I can spin up, waste a heatsink when I'm 7 thousand lightyears from nothing, and get as far away from you as possible. Some others out they might be suggesting, "why don't you go around that colossal waste of space and matter and jump to the next system?" Well, have you ever tried to cruise past a brown dwarf? I'm guessing not. Despite the complete lack of any valuable light or fuel, the brown dwarf has a zone of inexplicably spicy space that requires you to hit the next star system over before you can pass around it. I will personally spend every credit I earn in order to fund research that will eliminate the wart that is brown dwarves from our galaxy. The star class is "Y?" More like "Y" do you fucking exist?

    submitted by /u/sfx6c
    [link] [comments]

    Always something surreal about flying in a ring on the day side.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 06:30 AM PST

    Into The Furnace

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:37 PM PST

    This is it, I'm leaving the nest to explore the galaxy!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 11:45 PM PST

    FDev just dropped 600 bugs from Issue Tracker as expired

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 01:05 PM PST

    EDIT: turns out its more like 290 bugs dropped (blame it on their own weird counting issues inside Issue Tracker) - still a number (that may also be rising later)

    Everything that was older than 8 months and still not confirmed by at least 5 other players was just marked as expired. So I for example wasted time reporting 13 bugs that were completely ignored, never checked by anyone at FDev. What do you think guys? It starts to make a pattern here - they are not acting in the best interest of the community at all doing things like this. When Issue Tracker was launched it was said that unconfirmed reports would still be reviewed by Q&A - I dont see anything like that happening now - they just dropped all that were still confirming... Some of those I reported were simple to check and confirm by just a glance at the screenshot and was happening 100% of a time...

    submitted by /u/bier00t
    [link] [comments]

    Is this game populated enough to justify features like atmospheric flight, space legs, etc?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 08:01 AM PST

    They sound potentially fun (to each their own of course) but I can't imagine that we bring in enough player base and thus enough marketable of a population for high-end Arx buyers to justify that amount of labor on FDevs part. Am I wrong? I was under the impression that we pale compared to other MMOs.

    submitted by /u/polygraphicmemory
    [link] [comments]

    5th Anniversary ship size chart

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 12:54 AM PST

    I made another timelapse! This time watching people at Farseer Inc. Also managed to witness an Anaconda explode

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 10:12 AM PST

    Different shades of blue, saw this beauty on my way to beagle point

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 07:00 AM PST

    Things have been made!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 05:26 PM PST

    Ohhhhhhhhh...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 06:11 AM PST

    Ohhhhhhhhh...

    Shit. *Frame shift drive: Charging:*

    Found the Balrog...

    submitted by /u/Professor_Zeitgeist
    [link] [comments]

    What are good ways to make money now ?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:29 PM PST

    Hi ! I haven't played in almost 2 years and i was wondering what was were good ways to make money now ? I used to do a lot of bounty hunting but i'd like to do trading. I only have a type7, tried to do some routes i found on https://eddb.io/trade/loops but it doesn't seem to be that good, any advices ?

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/frushh
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous and Horizons Season Pass on sale during Steam Winter Sale - $5.99 each.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 12:08 PM PST

    Elite: interstellar

    Posted: 18 Dec 2019 06:02 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment