• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 22, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 22, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 22, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 22, 2019)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Because sometimes you just need to add a little *pizzazz*

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:58 AM PST

    Demeter Class Cropper

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:42 AM PST

    Material Finder Chart

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:33 PM PST

    Fuel rat saving the day

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:42 AM PST

    On the Top of Earth-like World

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:10 AM PST

    Christmas break means Elite with Dad. He hates that none of his friends play (or even know what it is).

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 09:57 PM PST

    Birthday gift from brother commemorating DW II.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:36 AM PST

    First time trying to dock in Elite be like: WHY ISNT IT WORKING!?!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:10 PM PST

    Planets in the sky

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:16 PM PST

    One hell of a view in the middle of the galaxy

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:22 PM PST

    My friend Dillons first landing. Hes alot better now but this always makes me laugh.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 11:04 AM PST

    First elite session with our new co cmdr, dogs not in the frame but he’s with us too

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 01:48 PM PST

    BD-12 1172

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:16 PM PST

    Absolutely in love with my new Courier!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:29 AM PST

    It's been a while since I played, but capital ships never cease to amaze me.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:21 AM PST

    Uh yes, I like the Iridescent Gleam Paint Job -thanks Frontier

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:24 AM PST

    I may have bought a Mamba while inebriated... Now what do i do with it?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:56 AM PST

    Idea: Attack Limpets

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:15 AM PST

    So, I'm sitting here being repaired by limpets from my son's ship after nearly losing 490 tons of LTDs, and while we're waiting for this to complete he came up with this idea of attack limpets which you could use to target the modules of an attacking ship. I thought it was a great idea, I could see a lot of potential for these, what do y'all think??

    submitted by /u/thedjfizz
    [link] [comments]

    Well deserved promotion

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:14 AM PST

    What a gas station ;) As an IRL private pilot I love to "develop" safe refuelling manoeuvres and procedures.... But can't stand the view *.*

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:37 AM PST

    Serious question: How in the world do people put up with engineering a ship fully without EDDB?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:44 AM PST

    I'm working on a combat Chieftain, and without traders, I just don't see myself getting through this. The simple answer is to just use EDDB if I can't find a trader, but what if I didn't know about EDDB? What if I was a new player just now getting into engineering ships?

    I'll admit that I, personally, am just kinda miff'd at having to use a tool outside of the game when I enjoy playing in VR, but this is something that I feel is a serious issue.

    submitted by /u/Kragwulf
    [link] [comments]

    Void Opals just floating in ring

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:32 PM PST

    So a friend and I launched up a private server earlier to go do so core mining and chill. For some reason we've noticed that random void opals will appear just floating around and neither of us can figure out why. We were about 240km away from each other, heading in separate directions, and neither of us had been to the areas where the VOs were appearing. Thered be like one or two random ones, and more would spawn within around 4km while we would be collecting the "free" VOs. Does anyone know what's causing this?

    submitted by /u/beatenmeat
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me with Holo Me?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:21 PM PST

    So I'm pretty annoyed/confused. I purchased Horizons last night because of the sale and have been checking out the (really cool) Holo Me feature to give myself an actual face. But every time I try to save my character, the menu tells me "incompatible items" and doesn't let me save.

    First of all, why the fuck doesn't it tell me which items are incompatible? It just says "incompatible items" and forced me to use trial and error to figure out what the problem is. Second issue is that after finding out which item it was, it's apparently caused by the cool sunglasses accessory. Which I payed literal, real world dollars for. So is this thing actually telling me that I'm not allowed to wear the items I paid literal real world money for? Because if so that seems like a massive, gigantic, insanely huge scam. Why even offer the sunglasses at all if you can't even wear them or they are incompatible?

    I'm extremely confused right now, can someone please explain to me why the sunglasses are incompatible and what I would have to do to make them work? I'm willing to change anything else about my character but I really want to fly around looking like I'm an airforce pilot from Top Gun and this is really bumming me out.

    Edit: apparently the neck tattoo is incompatible as well. Why are all these options displayed and available if it's just going to tell you "incompatible" when you finish making your character and try to save? Please someone explain this to me because I'm extremely confused and annoyed by this.

    Edit 2: Okay, I figured it out. I had previously saved a different guy and I guess the game doesn't let you save over a character you've already created if you have accessories equipped. Not exactly sure why, but that's what the issue was, I didn't realize you needed a fresh character save. I'll leave this post up for posterity in case anyone else has that same issue I had, since google wasn't very helpful for me on this one.

    submitted by /u/ToastedFireBomb
    [link] [comments]

    It didn't take nearly as long to get here as you guys said...

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 07:43 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment