• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 24, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 24, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 24, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 24, 2019)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Spacedad taking his Daughter to a visit to Sol

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:02 AM PST

    Finally got a secondhand FdL, performance is disappointing. Is it overrated?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 11:38 PM PST

    That's no mo....wait yes it is.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:15 AM PST

    Timelapse of what you see inside of the fast orbiting ring.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:45 AM PST

    Just had my first interaction with Fuel Rats. (Nothing important, just wanted to note it down.)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 11:08 AM PST

    I already loved the fact they existed but man... the Fuel Rats are the best! I fly an FDL with just the standard fuel tanks, no extras. And I just got Horizons, so I was making the trip to Maia and then Deciat so I could unlock Felicity, the trip TO Maia was just fine, no issues whatsoever. On the trip back though, about halfway through, my ship overheated and jettisoned my cargo as I was jumping away. In a panic I jumped back to the previous system and ended up with very little fuel, not enough to jump to any scoopable star (apparently a fuel scoop is a weird thing to see in an FDL? Seems mandatory to me when making a long trip, especially through uninhabited space). I thought I was done, I really didn't wanna travel 400 or so Light years again. But then I remembered the Fuel Rats! A service I swore to never use so long as I could help it, so that there would be more Rats available for those who are in a true emergency.

    Well... this was the time to call on them. Thankfully they guided poor little Solo player Seriat through the process of adding friends in Elite and adding people to my wing and the rescue was done quickly enough. And even more thankfully, one of the Rats taught me how to adjust my route planner to only add scoopable stars (so far I had been checking manually if the next star would be scoopable and scooping at every opportunity). It was a wholesome, beautiful experience, even more so for me who prefers to play solo.

    In short: Fuel Rats are a treasure and I maaay try and join them later on.

    Also wanted to give another thanks to Rats Ravenov, Bold Mole, and Jacke1210ABC!!, keep doing what you're doing Commanders, we all appreciate it! :)

    submitted by /u/Seriat16
    [link] [comments]

    After four years now i can really say i am an Explorer o7

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:41 AM PST

    Made it to Colonia before the new year. Started at Sol and did over 850 jumps scanning each system. Made a good profit

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:55 AM PST

    Merry Christmas to all you Commanders - wherever you are parked, wherever home is - and a Happy New Year.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:20 PM PST

    And the winner is ....

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 03:56 AM PST

    My Courier in the light of a Wolf-Rayet star

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:22 AM PST

    An Oasis of calm on Christmas Eve

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 12:48 AM PST

    Elite Dangerous is only £3.99 on Steam

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:34 AM PST

    Perfect Christmas gift? Horizons is also £3.99.

    submitted by /u/PauI360
    [link] [comments]

    Thargoids strike again!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:40 AM PST

    Preparing to exit the combat zone

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:02 AM PST

    Merry Christmas! Flying exclusively in open, I have not seen another CMDR since Oct 4th. 50 jumps from handing in exploration data!

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 11:55 PM PST

    The DBX doesn't have a small fuel scoop...

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 01:18 PM PST

    ...it has a giant fuel tank. For all the haters claiming its scoop size is too small, I just remind you that it's the only small pad vessel with both a size 5 tank and FSD. It's all about perspective!

    submitted by /u/pjjpb
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friend spent too long trying to get onto the roof of my python but I got a nice picture out of it

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:59 AM PST

    New player and sub here, hope shitty memes are okay

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 03:45 PM PST

    That terrifying moment when you absentmindedly think you're taking off from a planetary base but you're really on the dark side of a ring surrounded by nearly invisible asteroids...

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:43 AM PST

    an old drawing of a golden cobra for christmas

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 11:21 AM PST

    Finally got my Sol permit. Thought I'd pop home for Christmas.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 03:29 PM PST

    A young Star System

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:33 AM PST

    Phantom vs Double Hydra

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:06 PM PST

    "Shapley 1" a System, with its own Nebula around it.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:28 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment