• Breaking News

    Friday, December 27, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 27, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 27, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 27, 2019)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What do you mean the dock is full!! - Ship scale Corvette

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 03:03 AM PST

    Open bounty in Deciat.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:22 AM PST

    Greetings CMDRs,

    If this thread is against any rules please let me know I'll delete and find another way to feed my frustration.I'm offering an open bounty on CMDR Lok31. I've already met a few others who ended up doing several runs between the Pleiades and Deciat trying to deliver that damn Meta-Alloy and died as he is constantly ganking on Farseer Inc. Yes, I realize I should have went to Solo. Live and learn, though I still have had way more positive experiences so... Anyway.

    I will pay 5 void opals for anytime you kill him. (prtscr proof for payment)

    He's made my life miserable, I want revenge but I am an explorer/miner not a fighter. So hence the post and the "event" flair. I'm happy to spend weeks grinding the VoPals if need be to pay the bounties. As I do have other things I'd like to do I will (for now) limit the time to end of January 2020. Anytime you get a kill on him - give me a shout and we will arrange payment delivery.

    Also, after learning some more details of their "squadron" I'll add a bonus of 1 VO to anyone who kills one of his cronies (not hunting specifically, just a little nugget for flavour) and pay the full 5 VO if you get one of his mates while they're flying together (deaths within 5min of each other let's say).You're welcome to hunt in packs, patrol areas or w/e but I'm just one cmdr so only the killshot gets the £. Sorry. :-)

    EDIT:Some extra details from the comments below.

    Target Platform: PCTime(s) seen: 5pm GMT +

    Most likely ship: Imperial Cutter (apologies to all the folks I wrongly informed he flies a Krait)Thanks to Cmdr /u/HurleybirdJr's good thinking here is the gankers Inara:

    https://inara.cz/cmdr/60578/ also they seem to have a sub r/EliteDangerousG4NK/

    Cmdr /u/VNG_Wkey has also kindly got us a bit from their squadron profile (just to motivate all ye bounty hunters)

    Examples of our work include:

    intentional blockade of engineer's systems and bases

    undermining the activities of law enforcement officers

    professional stream sniping & salt mining

    interception and elimination of carebears

    mercenary activities & political conspiracies

    EDIT2:In regards to the bounty on the extra targets, they were kind enough to provide a list of their core members so I'll try (depending on volume of bounties I get, obv) to pay the 5VO for each of them. Maybe another bonus if you get a bunch of'em at once. :)

    den1ezy

    Glock2how

    Iyasu Takigava

    Kackadep_Mike

    kavvrn

    kokafeki

    Lok31

    Pri0n

    SagitasiusN

    Finally as Cmdr /u/flappers87 got a decent idea of creating a website/database for this kind of thing if this "event" works out well (as in gets a decent reception and gives me work to pay the hunters) I will forego my exploration efforts for a while to help create such a website and figure out in-game solutions to some of the obvious problems (proof of kill, payments, etc.). Any help is appreciated. :)

    EDIT3: (This is getting messy I'll try to clean it up tomorrow)
    As a few cmdrs have already shared an interest in actually making the bounty hunter guild / site work I've created a group chat for us. If you're interested in helping and have skills you think might be useful PM me and I'll add you as well. :)

    Good hunting,

    CMDR KCPR

    submitted by /u/KCPRTV
    [link] [comments]

    Buzzing round the space needle...

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:27 PM PST

    My first Elite, about 400 hrs in. Awesome game! o> CMDRs

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:11 PM PST

    Anaconda is a big ship right?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:18 PM PST

    Representing at my new job! o7

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:09 AM PST

    God I love this game

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:52 AM PST

    I've only played it for around 4 hours and have done nothing except courier missions which should be boring but is actually extremely relaxing and kinda fun.

    submitted by /u/Sixstryder
    [link] [comments]

    Heading out for the first double Painite haul

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:57 AM PST

    �� flying home for Christmas

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:20 AM PST

    PSA: Save time and credits putting experimentals on multiple modules

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 02:16 PM PST

    PSA: Save time and credits putting experimentals on multiple modules

    I needed to put the Mass Manager experimental for the new ships I am engineering - about 13 of them. Its too time consuming and costly to have each ship land on Deciat and put the experimental on it.

    So, what I did is to store all the FSD modules I need to mod (can be any station), then, pick a ship that can hold the largest FSD class and use that to travel to Deciat. Once there, just ship all the FSD modules, wait for arrival, then head to outfitting, equip the FSD and put the experimental; rinse and repeat.

    Thanks and goodbye, Felicity

    submitted by /u/Gerstotad
    [link] [comments]

    Landed in systems with a White Dwarf (picture) and a Neutron Star for the first time today. It's these which are 'mean', right? Turned away from them as soon as I could. Exciting for the first time... Still alive :-)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:35 AM PST

    End of First Part of my journey

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 06:59 AM PST

    End of First Part of my journey

    Today I managed to reach Sagitatius A*. Journey started August 16th from Il Sola Prospect, scanned hundreds of objects on my way (data worth 270mil handed over at Explorers' Anchorage), recieved my 1st Elite rank. Time to head to Beagle Point, not straight route.

    It was breathtaking

    Proud as hell

    Rare view

    https://preview.redd.it/gi7fq8xjw6741.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=bfbf8fd021de45feacac5f506924e1ecd6b69eed

    It's awesome!

    E.T.

    submitted by /u/Asamur
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to pretend i purposefully stopped near this planet to take the screenshot and didn't actually crash into it in supercruise while grinding fed rank.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 03:37 PM PST

    The Evilest Eye

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 11:46 PM PST

    easy peasy opal squeezy

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:53 PM PST

    Time for some exploration!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:40 AM PST

    Easily the biggest non-invisible ring I've seen around a star! 8.1 M km outer radius, visible from 2000+ ls away

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:41 PM PST

    Peakaboo - Spirograph Nebula NSP

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:44 AM PST

    Is this how boarding is done?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 06:42 AM PST

    Best affordable VR headset for Elite?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 12:33 PM PST

    Ive been looking at the Oculus Go, it has a nice price! I have a good rig Id say with a gtx 1070, ryzen 5 2600x, 16GB ram ddr4 and an SSD. Id appreciate any help and recommendations! I have no idea about VR at all. Id love to keep using my mouse and keyboard and be able to look 360° all around my cockpit. Cheers! o7

    submitted by /u/Flynn331
    [link] [comments]

    New player cosmetic question.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 04:18 PM PST

    Which cosmetics are shared between ships? There a list anywhere?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/99Pneuma
    [link] [comments]

    FD’s opinion of Fed Navy Grind

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 12:07 AM PST

    How do i bind the Full Spectrum System Scanner to a key? I am very new to ED. Can't seem to find it.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 07:30 AM PST

    TIMELAPSE OF THE FUTURE: A Journey to the End of Time (4K)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:37 AM PST

    Bottle of whiskey or this

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 05:58 AM PST

    Alright so ED and its xpac is on sale and costs roughly 10 units.

    For the same price I can buy a bottle of whiskey down the alley, and have a guaranteed fun this evening.

    However flying a spaceship on a computer seems also cool, while I'm alone for a week.

    So I need your help bros on sealing the fate of the 10 bucks:

    1. The older I get, the more I enjoy simulators. ETS 2 is a great chilling enjoyable game to hop for an hour or so after a day of work. Can ED be played like that? Or should a session last for hours?
    2. Is exploration a thing in this game? Is there some occasional weird spaceship, planet or alien stuff that is gorgeous to look at? Some space weirdness to stumble at? Some WTF moments? Or is it just blank black space with colored spheres?
    3. Is inventory a huge pile of mess I won't know what to do with when I return after a 6 month break?
    4. back in 2017, folks were reviewing the gameplay as shallow. Were there improvements in this department? Is gameplay specialization deep?
    5. Played EVE years ago, as a lone explorer/relic hunter. LOVED the space exploration process but too much a time sink. Does this game require tens of hours per week to be enjoyable?

    So would you recommend this game for a guy like me?

    submitted by /u/Amproto
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment