• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 13, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 13, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 13, 2020)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Capital Ship Encounter (paint and chalk)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:56 AM PST

    One second in a pilot life

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:12 AM PST

    Orion Expedition is on its way! (Photo credit: Cmdr SilverBlade03)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:42 AM PST

    And here we have ectoplasm planet.. this is what you get when you dont call the Ghostbusters

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:43 AM PST

    This game never ceases to amaze me with how beautiful it is.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:39 AM PST

    Testing the high resolution screenshots

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:06 AM PST

    Never noticed this detail in a thargoid cockpit before ... scout shaped detail ...doors maybe?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:53 AM PST

    I just figured out how to time travel!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:02 PM PST

    - You are so hot! - Don't talk to me!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    AXI Thargoid Report - Thargoid Incursion In Witch Head Enclave

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:35 AM PST

    AXI Thargoid Report - Thargoid Incursion In Witch Head Enclave

    https://preview.redd.it/u7laaxaw7ja41.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=c0266279c51d173b1be74b5bf6ca526bf25b8da4

    Galnet Response ‎‎‎‎‎

    Seemingly in response to the recent attacks in both the Pleiades and Witch Head Nebula, Galnet has published a new report on these events. See below:

    https://preview.redd.it/86d6yty46ja41.png?width=1478&format=png&auto=webp&s=83fafba9965619ea30d834c12d5bab589e2a6ead

    A series of Thargoid incursions into human-occupied Witch Head systems has alarmed the region's colonists. Multiple casualties have been reported, with pilots caught off-guard by the sudden increase in Thargoid ships.

    The Thargoids had largely withdrawn from the Witch Head enclave following a heavy defeat in July 3305. Following a significant increase in Thargoid activity, Professor Alba Tesreau of Aegis Research offered the following comments to Vox Galactica:

    "Regrettably, the Thargoids were unlikely to surrender this area of space after a single defeat. Humanity may have established the Witch Head enclave, but the Thargoids are clearly still intent on driving us out – particularly with so many barnacle sites in the region."

    With starports at considerable risk of assault, local authorities are hopeful that a defence force can be organised soon. A number of independent pilots have already travelled great distances to engage the Thargoid forces.

    Kelvin Masters, a regular pundit for the Rewired network, provided this take:

    "Those people in the Witch Head are crazy if they thought the Thargoids were just going to roll over like good pups. We're six months down the road from our initial expansion into the sector, and the local factions seem to have forgotten they're living in Thargoid space. There's a little push-and-shove for influence going on, corporations vying for control. What's going to happen in the Witch Head enclave now the Thargoids are back in force?"

    Most notably this report seems to ignore the attacks that also simultaneously occured in the Pleiades. Whether this is relevant or not we will have to wait and see. As for next week...

    Check out the galnet report here: https://community.elitedangerous.com/

    Incursion Status

    All incursions have been cleared accross the 6 systems that were attacked this week, This means AX Conflict Zones and Thargoid Hunting Missions will no longer be available however, for those interested in hunting bugs, there are still plenty of Non-Human Signal Sources around to satisfying your bug-squashing needs.

    For those rescue-inclined folk, the burning stations shall continue burning till the end of the week, you should be able to continue running rescue missions up until this time. Once the stations stop burning it will be time to turn towards Operation Ida and their fantastic team to lead the repair efforts once they deem it ready. Godspeed and happy-hauling!

    All systems clear!

    Eagle Eye

    The Eagle Eye listening posts continue to transmit the same systems for infestation that we currently have in incursion state, this is unusual as typically Eagle Eye will provide different systems as per in the past. What this means, we do not yet know...

    We will hopefully have more on ongoing status of these attacks with server tick this coming Thargsday...

    Eagle Eye Decrypted.

    Wanna know more? keep track of the latest happenings behind the Thargoid Threat? join the AXI Discord to learn more.

    submitted by /u/Bregirn
    [link] [comments]

    I Found Pandora. An Earthlike Moon Orbiting a Blue Gas Giant.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:59 PM PST

    Divided View

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:01 AM PST

    Went to Jackson's Lighthouse yesterday

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:45 AM PST

    “We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.” ~ Carl Sagan

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:30 AM PST

    im starting to suspect that this liner isnt in the top 1% of all liners out there

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:26 PM PST

    Got attacked by pirates and made it 2,800Ls JUST in time!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Nothing like a cup of coffee and an alien sunrise before another day of exploration

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:21 PM PST

    First Dwarf Star Experience

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:56 AM PST

    Yesterday I learned that flying above geysers with an SRV on a low-g moon is a bad idea

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Finally made it out to the Orion Nebula.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:40 AM PST

    Ok, I’m sorry I don’t have a picture for this and I don’t really know what to tag it as do, sorry.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    Anyways, I'm new to this game, only had it a few weeks and I love it, just haven't had a lot of time to play. However, I have had a very scary experience already. So, I was in my Cobra Mk. III and I had been jumping to meet up with one of my friends who I was meeting with. I had enough fuel to get to him without refueling but I figured I'd use my fuels scoop to pick up a little extra fuel at every start I could, so I'd drop just into the zone for a few seconds then get out and jump away. One time I got a little too close and it dropped me out of supercruise and my ship obviously started overheating and I start to fly away. But hey, I was super new and didn't have a great understanding of the game and didn't think to put my power to engines to get away so I kept flying straight away from the start but I kept overheating more and more so I decide to just angle myself to the jump and just go for it. I end up having to get closer to the star and because of that I start heating up quicker, obviously, before about 15 seconds later, I jump. I ended up with 338% heat and somehow barely being damaged. So now I have a pretty good fear of stars. Anyways, sorry for the super long story, I probably said things I didn't need to say, so, sorry. Anyways, I'll stop before end up having to write a short novel.

    submitted by /u/Silver_R0se
    [link] [comments]

    Close call...mental note, don't forget fuel scoop next time

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:43 PM PST

    Crystall Shards at HIP 36601 (a bit better quality)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:18 AM PST

    Why is base ganking allowed? It makes this game seem very griefer friendly.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I'm a new player with less than 2 weeks of time in this game. I experienced my first instance of griefing: I was killed leaving Farseer base. Literally within a couple of seconds of launching, a player destroyed my ship. I was flying an Asp Explorer outfitted for exploring; not combat.

    I think open PvP is great. Piracy is a totally legitimate activity and I fully support openly attacking other players indiscriminately in Open play if that's your thing. I personally have no interest in combat. I'm doing only trading and exploring. I haven't killed a ship outside of the tutorials. I don't even have hardpoints installed on my explorer. But I like the ever-present threat of being attacked by other players.

    Base ganking, however, is not piracy. It's purely griefing.

    In open space, a player would have to find another player to kill with their scanner. And potential victim players have options for protecting themselves with silent running and other stealth tactics. This at least creates a balanced PvP system where players have a chance to encounter one another.

    But right now, a pirate player can just bypass all the mechanics of hunting other players and instead just perch right next to a frequently visited planetary base. There's (virtually) no risk and all the rewards because they know players will come right to them.

    I think combat should be restricted at bases. Maybe there are heavy cannons that fire on anyone who gets within a certain range with deployed hardpoints? I don't know. Someone smarter than me could come up with something appropriate.

    But it makes no sense for players to be able to perch outside an NPC base and open fire on other ships. How does this even make sense from a lore or RP perspective?

    I don't want to go into Solo every time I need to go see an Engineer. That's not fun at all. I bought this game because it's multiplayer and I love the risk of running into hostile players. More specifically: I love the chance of running into hostile players; even if that chance is greatly increased in popular systems. Totally fine with that.

    But it's ridiculous that the game allows (and even seems to encourage) griefing at bases.

    submitted by /u/swankyeggplant
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment