• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 20, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 20, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 20, 2020)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Made myself a cheap Krait Phantom build. What do you think? ��

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:59 AM PST

    I'm complete now

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:09 PM PST

    Full Scale Asp Explorer in Space Engineers (DL in comments)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:30 PM PST

    Someone just used a Frame Shift Interdictor to pull me out of hyperspace to chat because they were lonely. That's never happened before. I was ready to meet him guns blazing because every interdiction experience I've ever had has been bad.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:17 PM PST

    Started 3 days ago,today I flung my 18ly Cobra almost 700ly away from my home system and back, here's a few high points.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:12 PM PST

    An ancient probe next to Jupiter

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:05 AM PST

    Here's What the Eagle Mk2 Can Do!!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:19 PM PST

    So it begins, of to the black again. This time I'll be gone for ages.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:44 PM PST

    Commander kat ��

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:00 AM PST

    Wow! Ringed suns are beautiful! Class M Star (Stueloo AA-A h66)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:58 PM PST

    Yeah, I think I'll pass...

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:12 PM PST

    As a fairly new player I’ve noticed that this game never fails at looking astonishing

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:43 PM PST

    I am gonna miss the ease of Void Opals

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:05 PM PST

    I'll just go ahead and say it, I'm gonna miss the easy albeit unrealistic way of getting money that was 1.6 million credits per void opal. I really really enjoy elite dangerous as it is my favorite game right now and I'm always super thrilled with all the cool things I can do and see in the game, the only down side is that I barely have any time to enjoy the game. My favorite part about elite dangerous is how it's basically a screen saver generator and just about anything You do looks cool, so when I play I don't really play with too much purpose just entertain myself with the little play time I had. When I originally played this game is was back when horizons recently came out and I had more time back then, I played pretty hard and I remember getting most of my money from bounties till I got to a pretty good ship, the python although never touching engineering. This was all until I made the horrible rookie mistake of flying without a rebuy and thus took a long break. And now I've returned after the game has had many updates and I've enjoyed it thoroughly. But as I mentioned Before I dont have the luxury of time as I did before so I can't really get into the grind like I did to get my python. Luckily for me when I returned I was recommended a video on YouTube that introduced me to the wonders of core mining, Now I had a way of getting cool looking ships and flying them to get some neat screenshots. And in my eyes this really didn't hurt the longevity of the game as all these cool looking ships were just frames of what they could be through engineering which is where the real grind would start, unfortunately I really never got into it because it seemed I would be spending my time doing that and not enjoying the sights that this game hold. But now that void opals are down to their more reasonable and sensible price, I'm really too paranoid to go out and do things in my ships because I know I'll probably forget the rebuy and be too time gated to do extended grinds for cash. Although it's still totally possible for someone with enough dedication to get money to be cavalier with no matter the time they set to play the game this bigger grind to get somewhere with cash not even taking into account engineers for more dedicated players and other things makes the game a bit more about just grinding and less about having a universe to do with as you see fit.

    TL;DR: I'm a chump with no time, so the lessened money grind just made this game feel cooler

    submitted by /u/ajan164
    [link] [comments]

    I am so stoked about my new baby!!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:25 AM PST

    The ship that got me outta the bubble...

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:07 AM PST

    ObsidianAnt: "So... about that mining 'nerf' - nerfed, misunderstood, or broken?"

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:19 PM PST

    Prua Phoe AA-A H69 nebula’s astrophoto imaging. Did this one aboard on my way back from Colonia. 300mm, 21x90 sec exposure time, H alpha & O2 filters ����

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:10 AM PST

    CMDR XLilimX - Finally my triple elite!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:54 AM PST

    Type7 Yeah Baby

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:10 AM PST

    Uhhh, you don't mind if I take some of that Antimony, do you?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:38 PM PST

    I made my online debut today discussing why Elite Dangerous is one of my all-time favorite games. If you have a friend who’s on the fence deciding whether to try it or not share this video with them!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:53 PM PST

    The way to Colonia from the center is filled with neat stuff.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:55 PM PST

    This'll end it!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Hutton mug or anaconda Bobble Head as a reward for Hutton orbital visit

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:39 PM PST

    Howdy FDev people... If you fly to Hutton orbital you should be able to get a free mug from the livery that you can put on your dashboard or perhaps and anaconda for your dash... just a thought to make that long trip a bit more memorable.

    submitted by /u/bownan
    [link] [comments]

    I just realized. We need a more detailed crew mechanic.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 04:41 PM PST

    It would be neat to see a more "living" ecosystem. A crew planner/ itinerary/management UI. For example:

    [Objective] Send crew member out to mine/ bounty hunt a hazard zone - chance of success 65%.

    [Result] You crew member has completed the mission successfully, but has incurred significant damage.

    [Reward] 1, 400,000

    [Repair costs] 300,000

    Etc.

    There could be missions for passengers, provided you've the outfitted your fleet with passenger builds/ craft, there could be exploration missions, provided your fleet/ crew member is outfitted with an exploration vessel... Etc.

    submitted by /u/Dehdstar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment