• Breaking News

    Monday, January 6, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 06, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 06, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 06, 2020)

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Another comparison

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:41 AM PST

    I think this is one of the best screenshots I've ever taken ��

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:21 AM PST

    Suicide by (Space) Cop

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:31 AM PST

    tl;dr Nobody's this stupid, there must be another explanation

    Something needs to be done about the astronomical suicide rates among space pirates. Like, we need legions of psychologists and maybe a generously funded Federation suicide prevention programme. There's no other explanation for their behaviour

    Case in point: a debris field in a high security system. You know how long it takes the cops to arrive in a High Sec system? It's like, you blink and before that blink is half done there's a bunch of hyper-aggressive Carabinieri in Anacondas all staring at you with that 'Go ahead make my day' vibe. You can almost see their fingers flexing over their triggers. Plus there's me, a much lesser threat and basically incompetent, but still in a big ship with lots of engineered guns and shields. Plus a measly two tons of Painite (which is apparently enough to attract every high suicide risk in three systems)

    Into this febrile setting drops Hamish McDong, who has somehow managed to acquire a wanted status in his Sidewinder. 'Mostly Harmless' would be generous. But he's feeling confident because he's in a wing with his fellow idiot Lucrezia Phalange, who's rolling in her fearsome Adder. "I see all" announces Hamish. Clearly he doesn't, because he's completely overlooked the Anaconda cops who are suddenly looking all excited and interested. Lucrezia then orders me to drop 50k credits worth of cargo or she'll start firing in 15 seconds

    First off, it'll take me a lot longer than 15 secs to work out how much cargo that is and then there's all the fiddling around with menus and sub-menus to jettison it. Secondly, lol

    And thirdly, Lucrezia isn't going to live past 16 seconds. As I'm pondering all this, Hamish loses patience and opens fire. My shields give a little shiver then go back to sleep. As I'm still having Deep Thoughts the Anacondas let out a collective whoop of excitement, there's a few flashes and bangs, and then Hamish and Lucrezia are ex-pirates. Hamish's last words were "This can all stop if you just hand over 50k credits worth of cargo." I mean, what can all stop Hamish? The railgun bullet shot by a deadly NPC with perfect aim which has just gone through your power plant and come out the other side?

    And as I'm shaking my head and deploying my collector drones another wing of fools drops in. Closely followed by even more cops who must've heard all the excitement. So now there are like 6 or 7 cops with time on their hands. And the new pirate says "What have you got in your hold?"

    The only explanation is that they've decided to end it all. It's a mental health emergency I tell you

    submitted by /u/GrowCastler
    [link] [comments]

    Quite pleased with the new cockpit...so far

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:47 PM PST

    Are you ready for the big "Space Legs" announcement this year?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:41 AM PST

    Meet Fishbone. She's my knock and run, 885m/s ganker-interdicting fun time girl

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:10 AM PST

    HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THE FUEL RATS - You guys frikkin rock!!!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:24 PM PST

    I hope it is ok to post this here. I just need to give a BIG THANK YOU to the Fuel Rats for saving my bacon this morning!!!

    I am a huge noob. Less than 100 hours I think and I got side tracked this morning, and when I looked back at the screen, ice crystals were forming on the windshield of my ship and the Death Timer was sitting at 4 minutes. I was completely out of fuel and power!!!

    Other than the Fuel Rats, there were 2 things that saved my bacon:

    1. I remembered (with 99% accuracy) the star system I was in when I ran out of fuel
    2. I remembered to exit to the main menu while there was still time on the clock

    Lucky for me I remember reading in REDDIT about the Fuel Rats and needed no more info to start my web search, hoping that they can help.

    I found them easily and then the Fuel Rat guys jumped to the task. and were so helpful, patient, and gave me the exact steps I needed to follow to get some fuel into my ship again.

    It was so exciting, I might just run out of fuel (on purpose) again. JK !! :))

    Thanks again guys, and keep up the awesome work!!!

    submitted by /u/Barktf2
    [link] [comments]

    Oh boy, i wish i have this kind of spaceship.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

    Made it to the Centre!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:59 AM PST

    I have never been this scared to dock in my life.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 09:20 PM PST

    First stop of a 250,000+ Ly voyage across the galaxy.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:30 AM PST

    A chronicle of my first 20 hours in Elite

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:11 AM PST

    In the opening minutes of the game I got my flight stick set up and set off into the vast galaxy. I started doing some courier missions to earn my first credits. I did this for a couple hours while getting comfy with the game. Next I decided to try mining. So, I outfitted my Sidewinder for mining( stupid I know) and set out to the nearest asteroid belt. Once there I realized I needed limpets and had to return to the station. Got my limpets and did my mining. I was so excited when I got back to the station to sell my haul. I made 1500 credits... That hardly covered my limpet costs. At this point I decided to give mining a break and try some combat. So, I reequiped my combat lasers and took a mission to hunt pirates. I did this for a while then bought my first combat ship. I believe it is called the Eagle. I continued to hunt pirates until I had around 170,000 credits. At this point I decided to explore the galaxy and do some road to riches. So I trade in my combat ship for a Hauler. I then strip it down to bare minimum, add a fuel scoop and the best FSD and lightest modules possible. This got me to a 30.5 ly jump range. I spent a few ours exploring in the black and sell off what I found for my first few million credits. I continued doing this for a bit and figured out where I was going to call home. I settled on Ray Station and after a nearly dieing on my way I finally made it there. I set my eyes on a new ship the Diamondback Explorer and outfitted it for exploring. Did a bit of that then set it up to mine some painite. (Still not the best choice I know.) Did this for a bit and made 3 million credits off of 4 units of painite. Still I decided mining should wait. So I returned to exploring and made my way up to 18 million credits where I am currently sitting. Wow, this is such a fantastic game! I have enjoyed my time here so much and have already accomplished a lot in my early days here.

    TlDR: Elite is a fantastic game that I enjoy greatly!

    submitted by /u/HamboneYT
    [link] [comments]

    I killed 6 Interceptors at once in the most difficult, solo instance currently possible in the game. 1 Hydra, 2 Medusae and 3 Cyclops. You Thargoids had enough yet? (Video and info in comments)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:44 PM PST

    A Year of Elite - Day#2: Taken shortly after the vanity camera was first introduced. Anaconda "Unicorn" in the dock at Ising vision

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:18 AM PST

    What do they call you for short?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:17 PM PST

    Pleased to see Elite as part of Royal Mail's Video Games Stamps

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:32 AM PST

    Always find myself going back to the Python

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Here's a current good federation rank grind spot

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:00 AM PST

    I recently finished my grind from Lieutenant to Rear Admiral in about 6 hours with this method. The usual sothis/ceos loop was making me pull my hair out.

    Go to Ochosi, then the only station there. There are 4 fed aligned factions here.

    From the fed factions, accept all courier missions to the HIP 67086. Right now, there are also "retrieve economic data" missions for HIP 67086 -- take all of these. These missions often reward Rep+++ to +++++ once you hit max rep, and there's a ton of them to take. Between the 4 factions, you should get close to 20 missions just from the one station.

    Next, head to HIP 67086. The economic missions will all take you to Jensen Vision, a low security, zero threat outpost. Land there, park your ship within 100m of the beacon you need to scan, and then scan it.

    Now, you should have 10+ missions all for this beacon. Each time you scan only completes one mission. You can quit to the main menu, log back in, scan, and then repeat for each of these mission you have.

    Now head to the two stations in HIP 67086. Turn in your courier missions, and grab any courier missions back to Ochosi (there won't be many), but also the fed factions here will offer more economic data retrieval missions at Jensen Vision you were just at.

    Return to Ochosi, turn in all missions, grab a new set of courier and data retrieval missions. It should be easier to hit 20 missions now since those stations in HIP 67086 gave you some more economic missions.

    Now your loop is complete. Head back to HIP 67086, hit up Jensen Vision first, then the stations there, and return to Ochosi.

    Donation missions will also populate here, so complete those as they come up.

    Extra bonus: all destinations are very close to the star, and the outposts in HIP 67086 are close to Jensen Vision and each other.

    submitted by /u/pharmacist10
    [link] [comments]

    Best View so far, love this game!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:39 PM PST

    Elite Dangerous Lore Tour, save the date.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:10 AM PST

    Oops, I overshot the station.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:24 PM PST

    The view at this station always overloads my Awe module

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:56 PM PST

    Got the game about a week ago and I think deep core mining is my new favorite past time

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:53 PM PST

    This is my Krait. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:05 PM PST

    If you can I highly recommend trying deep core mining I’ve only recently started doing it and it’s made me enjoy this game much more and it’s a great way to make money

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:50 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment