• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 12, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 12, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 12, 2020)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Spotted in the wild. o7 CMDR

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:49 AM PST

    zzzZOOOOOMm

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:52 AM PST

    The new royal mail (UK) stamps are pretty neat.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Canyon Speedster in Benzaiten

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:22 PM PST

    My Sidewinder in RL

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:51 PM PST

    A Year of Elite - Day #30: taking a break to scan systems in the immediate vicinity, CMDR Pendragon takes on fuel

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:53 AM PST

    Tomorrow starts a new journey into the black...in a Type-10 because...why not?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Almost two weeks in the game, I'm loving it!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:17 AM PST

    If Batman had one ship...

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:23 AM PST

    1:1 Cobra Mk3 Space Engineers Progress - Reworked the rear airlock, right connects to the main ship, left will connect down to the cargo bay. Everything is Airtight and will be pressurized!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:56 PM PST

    Anyone wanna smash some IPAs and go void opal farming with me?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:39 PM PST

    Second Elite rank ���� now some thargoid scout hunting

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:39 AM PST

    Space Madness!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    To my fellow surface photographers out there, if you happen to be between Colonia and Sag A, Schee Pri AA-A G59 is quite something! Doused in pink by its massive O star and sporting life forms to boot. What’s your coolest surface photography spot?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:16 AM PST

    I designed a logo for our sqaudron, Hydra Collective. Tell me what you think! I spent a few weeks and lots of love working with different designs. Find us on inara.cz/squadron/6547/ - we are recruiting!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:34 AM PST

    One of the best features of the T7 Explorer... the view

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Fixed Weapons

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:47 PM PST

    This is going to be really short, but I must say. If you're the person who wants to get into fixed weapons and do some real damage but is hesitant, just fucking do it. Grab yourself a ship with good hard points and maneuverability and get some PAs or Frags. (Maybe even both) I just dove into Frags today in an FDL along with FAoff, and I have to tell you. It's so fucking fun.... The feeling of coming face to face and flicking up/down and timing the shot and just seeing them hit is just beautiful...

    submitted by /u/lIl-Hoolixn-lIl
    [link] [comments]

    Hell yeah.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:44 PM PST

    They're taking the escape pods.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:18 PM PST

    I was stunned by the views in the Spirograph Nebula.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:54 AM PST

    “Just like Beggar’s Canyon back home”

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:09 AM PST

    Fixed weapons with FA off

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:14 PM PST

    Brief question about you guys' experience. I now fly with FA off pretty much permanently, and there are a few roadblocks I've not yet overcome. Compensating for the seemingly hard to keep track of force vectors and aiming.

    The latter is a big deal as I prefer small ships. I currently fly an engineered Eagle. I need my railguns to be effective against other ships. Swapping to gimball just feels like such a massive downgrade. I've tried for a week now and the results are...poor. I will hit large ships at around ~2km with some consistency(slightly less than 2/3 hits), but small ships are completely impossible to hit at all times. Even if I get the drop on them by drifting alongside them I can't align my crosshair consistently. It also severely hurts my wrist to constantly having to compensate for my vertical movement.

    Things I tried:

    • Change yaw to x axis on the mouse - it makes it slightly less awkward to aim, but the control scheme becomes much more awkward as a result(a-d on roll is just really unintuitive)
    • Add yaw when rolling. This is way too awkward as it essentially delays the roll, I find this a poor option
    • Reduce mouse sensitivity. No noticable difference aside from hurting my wrist even more
    • Swap between FA on and off. Results in losing the ability to drift alongside my target
    • Decrease FOV. Made aiming slightly easier

    What should I do? Does it just take really long to get used to? Is it normal I need to hurt my wrist this much just to get good aim in? My aim with FA on was fine, I would hit small ships with reasonable consistency. With FA off I never hit them at all.

    submitted by /u/Gloriouspieps
    [link] [comments]

    I'm curious as to what this sub's taste in music is- what does everyone listen to while flying? (pic is related- bonus points to anyone who gets it!)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Never gets old

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:54 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment