• Breaking News

    Friday, February 21, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 21, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 21, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 21, 2020)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Frontier's 24hr charity GameBlast livestream, raising funds for the amazing SpecialEffect, starting at 12pm UTC

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:12 PM PST

    Lost Exploration Archive

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:13 AM PST

    O7 :)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 05:27 AM PST

    Night Stop

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:10 AM PST

    A Moment in Motion

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Got some new stickers for my bike

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Fuck It ... I'm going full Picard

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:55 AM PST

    Fuck it ... I'm going full Picard.

    Long time listener, first-time caller here ... now hold my beer, because I have something to say.

    Fine Elite Dangerous ... you win. After gaming my entire life looking for bang for the buck, I am convinced, per dollar spent, Elite Dangerous is the greatest game ever made ... there ... I SAID IT!

    Fuck Ultima Online, WOW, the Elder Scroll Series and everything by RockStar, owning a restaurant and traveling the world ... I have played and done them all looking for the best way to escape this abysmal existence we call life and Elite Dangerous has finally done it. A stand-alone proof positive of our possibility of living in a simulation and the definite beginning of a Ready Player 1 scenario.

    I have gone sidewinder/adder/ASP/Type9 and am on track to be an ELITE space trucker this week. VR certified and loser existence criteria prerequisite met, I have decided ... I'm all in.

    I have been "trucking away", pun intended, for a New York minute now and was hell-bent on ending this monotony with getting my ass to Jameson, buying an FDR, grinding out my place in the Federation and buying myself the astronauts staple ... a corvette and earning my place in the empire going full warf and becoming an honorable pirate fucking people's days up, when I made the mistake of YouTubing the game's lore ... and entering a day-long rabbit hole procrastinating reality.

    I have now decided I want my name on as many stars in this galaxy as I can find, whilst looking for the needle in the haystack and whatever easter eggs I can find while writing my book via voice recording like a proper Lando Calrissian fan on the hunt for black-holes, stuff the devs planned on releasing months and years from now and searching for alien tech.

    I am going on my own 5-year journey to search the unknown while drinking a pot of coffee green to the gills from my big gulp with Dorito dust speckling my chest. Screw guardian drives and engineers, let it take me a year, I don't care, it just means more systems hit, and less overlooked. Imma do the big loop.

    Now to the techie, when I first started paying I had a moment that everyone else had with this masterpiece when I got my ASP and set sail for the opposite side of the Galaxy only to realize in a beautiful moment, that I had this game all wrong, and in turn, my life. We are nothing, just a pale blue dot as Mr. Sagan once wrote.

    Due to the fact I don't plan on coming back for quite some time, I'm going the Conda route and getting a fighter bay for the, just in case.

    My question is as such ...

    1) Are there any programs to overlay a hud in my VR? I am using Oculus. I want Netflix: Bonus Points if it can play from my cockpit speakers ... double bonus if you can do a Twitch overlay, browser access.

    2) Is it possible to upload Podcasts into my ship?

    3) Suggested/Recommended/Example Loadouts?

    4) Do you reckon I should give it some mining equip? Just in case I actually run into some random as a hell easter egg?

    5) Given my one shot at exploring before, this will be the first, and a major journey, I do not know when I am coming back ... I just want to see what is out there ... any recommendations and feedback?

    Thanks ahead of time commanders, I appreciate the read, I will see you all on the road ... I will probably put this up on the world's most boring Twitch stream and yell into the abyss.

    Expected departure date ... March 3rd.

    Kablaa bitches.

    Don't burn your toast.

    Burnt-White-Toast ... ooot

    submitted by /u/Burnt-White-Toast
    [link] [comments]

    Here’s an old screenshot I thought you guys would like!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:26 AM PST

    Yeah I'll have less money, same influence and no reputation please.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:23 PM PST

    Rise

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 09:43 AM PST

    A Perfectly Normal FDL Video

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Pretty common shot. But this one's mine.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:36 AM PST

    Youtube upload of my stream on GalNet, Lore and Narrative in Elite Dangerous (or lack thereof)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:21 AM PST

    For those who missed it live - now on youtube.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs-Yf02Kc4U

    Cheers,

    Drew.

    submitted by /u/drewwagar
    [link] [comments]

    Absolutely Amazing

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Elite: Dangerous Blog | Current Project for ECM 2020

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:35 AM PST

    Thought I'd start taking this seriously. Command chair is ready

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 12:04 PM PST

    Hello from the California Nebula! Furthest I've been, 999 LY from Sol!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 06:53 AM PST

    I’m going nowhere!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:58 AM PST

    Dead basilisk next to a star

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:05 PM PST

    Disabled Cmdr's thoughts on 24 hr charity stream

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Great Charity, great event,.... i urge everyone to donate if they can. I thank Frontier and the team for taking time out to do this.

    However, i am frustrated at Fdev's missed opportunity to give something to the players, the community and those donating.

    Sure they are giving away concept art at milestones of 1k, awesome! Along with an xbox, copies of the game and a gaming pc. But an auction would have been better, David could have signed 100 print outs (of anything elite related) and they would have sold like hot cakes. But it seems like they want to sell a team members tartan trousers for £700 ?!!

    Perhaps giving out new information on Fleet Carriers for every 5k donated. Be it a screen shot, the cost or new any info really.... anything.. give us something to talk about and get excited about. Instead anytime a viewer asks about new content its met with copy and paste by moderators about how no new content will be announced on this stream, it disappoints those tuning in.

    As i type this the 11k milestone was reached...... we got pictures of concept art of an unpainted mamba ( a ship no one flys lol) sorry this just doesnt cut it Fdev. It's insulting to those tho donated.

    The community could have been rewarded with a tiny nugget of info that would fuel speculation and inspire a thousand posts and videos by content creators and keep the player base excited,.. but nah, here is a photo of a grey mamba from 4 years ago no one has seen, wow. Massive let down guys.

    submitted by /u/cmdr_astromech11
    [link] [comments]

    Just Got my First Player Interdiction

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 01:19 PM PST

    So I'm heading over to a station, afk, and I come back to see that I've been interdicted. Have a nice little chat with the guy. He wanted me to join a squadron called "Cerberus" and I respectfully declined. The man's like:

    "it's kind of a join or die situation my friend ;)".

    me: "this is awkward"

    him: "ill give you a head start"

    Got floored in less than a minute. Forever gonna remember this experience lol

    submitted by /u/gamerboyULTIMATE
    [link] [comments]

    My first discovery Earth-like world 3304 and 3306

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:52 PM PST

    3D Printed Chrome-Painted Anaconda Model, signed by the devs - auctioned for £900 on the FDev Gameblast 24hr Charity Livestream

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 01:29 PM PST

    First exploration, first new system with Crystalline Shards discovered

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:56 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment