• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 23, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 23, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 23, 2020)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous Lore Tour - FAQ and Draft Itinerary (and gratuitous youtube video) now online.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:30 AM PST

    Elite Dangerous Lore Tour - FAQ and Draft Itinerary (and gratuitous youtube video) now online.

    Details here. Look forward to seeing you on the tour. Permits optional but recommended (Some grind required - headsup)

    https://www.drewwagar.com/announcements/elite-dangerous-lore-tour/

    Cheers,

    Drew.

    https://preview.redd.it/0y096ccklqc41.jpg?width=800&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4863896f201b93fe92c3edfa1ccf3c6b724e0661

    submitted by /u/drewwagar
    [link] [comments]

    Truck drivers can be space pilots too!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:49 PM PST

    Designed the merch I want. Shiny enamel pin badges!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:53 AM PST

    After getting Elite in combat 2 days ago, I needed the last 16% of Exploration, did some ELW routed today, and now Triple Elite!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:19 PM PST

    So, I did a thing today

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:30 AM PST

    [WIP] Fully Adjustable ED Cockpit

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:15 PM PST

    Just picked up my cutter after 4 years of being on and off elite! Had to park the SRV on top... “depart ship”

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:49 AM PST

    mum please pick me up im scared

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:53 PM PST

    Halfway House, parked up for the day. 6,100ly from the bubble. Every system I enter is uncharted, and the sheer scale of the Milky Way is finally starting to hit me. I miss civilisation but I'm determined to press on.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:41 AM PST

    Elite Dangerous "Panther Clipper" Elite feet personal project, by Gavin Harvey (link to ArtStation project in comments)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:15 AM PST

    Love the details

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:11 AM PST

    Sometimes your ship gets thirsty

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:11 AM PST

    Eoch Pruae BA-A g4 - "The Krait Escape"

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:04 PM PST

    I could probably squeeze between them, but..

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:10 AM PST

    I was asked to do a commission for the "Special Effect GameBlast 24 Hour Frontier Live Stream" and CMDR Disco Cat won. I was sent a cat to draw so I put it on CD-51 10820 without oxygen gear. Some people are just dog people ����

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Elite 1984 on a Postage stamp (the highlight of a very boring morning sorting packets). Cultural icon achievement unlocked.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Wife is visiting a friend with the baby, I have two hours of free time. Do I play Elite in VR? Or do I watch my XFL team play their home opener? The correct answer is both.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:00 PM PST

    Another Krait Escape - Leamiae LS-T e3-3317

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:48 PM PST

    I made a tool to help find more Crystalline Shards

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:08 AM PST

    Greetings CMDRs, this is CMDR sugoruyo of the Outer-Rim Outcasts Coalition (OOC for short).

    I've been wanting to get some rare raw mats to engineer my ships but found it really annoying just how bad the options are.

    I'm really lazy about these things so, I decided to write a little program to filter data dumps from EDSM and find candidates we could go out and scan, see if we can find some closer to the bubble etc.

    The program relies on information from the Wiki to filter the bodies in the EDSM data dump. It is a command line tool and the data files need to be download first: systems (1.6GB) and bodies (23.34GB).

    The current filters are

    • landable
    • >12kLs from arrival star
    • <= 2000ly from Sol
    • has one of the usual mats found in shards
    • has some kind of volcanism

    I'd like to ask the community's help with refining criteria and the program if anyone is interested. It is a pure Go program (I'm learning because of work) and it's released as GPL v3 on the OOC's GitHub.

    You can download and build the Go code or get a binary from the first release off GitHub.

    Currently, it is able to produce a JSON or CSV output. To help kickstart things I'm publishing sample outputs from processing the entire file:

    • Public Google Spreadsheet
    • Dropbox link to CSV (15MB)
    • Dropbox link to gzipped JSON (27MB)

    Let's see if we can get some results!

    o7 CMDRs

    submitted by /u/sugoruyo
    [link] [comments]

    A moon ran me over

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:23 PM PST

    Finally made it!!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:17 PM PST

    A clip from the past plus a little story from an old-time commander

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:08 PM PST

    Hello Commanders! I am writing this on my phone while waiting for my three-year-old daughter to fall asleep, so mistakes are unavoidable. Sorry for that.

    I have bought this game in 2014 and played the living hell out of it. I have hauled everything there is to haul, fought my share of fights, explored far reaches of the galaxy. I remember moving gold in my hauler, risking it all by not having enough credits for a rebuy. I have participated in long range mission deliveries, where you could earn a couple million just by smuggling some biowaste from extremely remote system. I remember waiting for months for planetary landings, joining every stream and preview. Beginnings were the greatest, not knowing what to do, slowly achieving mastery and progressing through ships one by one. I tell you this just so that you can understand how emotionally invested I was at some time.

    I stopped playing basically when Thargoids became the real deal. And today I have installed Elite back just to find myself 3/4 of the way to Sag A. So I guess I am completing this journey in my trusty Anaconda. I forgot I got this baby to 56 lY jump range just for this. Wish me luck!

    Now to the point of this post.

    When I played Elite I did not interact with other people a lot. I always played in Open, however I did not seek cooperation and did not partake in power play or community goals. The rush from seeing other players on the map, not knowing if it is a friend or foe, whether to jump away immediately or proceed with my cargo to the station, risking millions, was enough for me. However at one point I decided to check some community goal in my Python with shitty equipment and, as I should have predicted when going to a highly player-populated area, got attacked by two Commanders, FdL and a Conda.

    To this day I have no idea how I survived this encounter. Having no idea what to do, having practically zero experience with real Elite combat, with ship basically without a shield, I performed some weird flight assist off manoeuvre and practically dead flew straight at my attackers praying they would miss me, as a single hit could probably take me out at this point. I remember FdL missing me with his gun and passing me so close that he almost rammed me. The time it took them to turn around was enough to free my frame shift drive and I managed to jump just as one of them typed STOP!. I somehow got to the nearest station and landed successfully. I remember my hands shaking, I had to take a few minute break just to calm down.

    Anyway, here is the clip. I wanted to share it with someone as this one interaction made me fall in love with Elite - I have not experienced such a thrill from any other game.

    https://youtu.be/NZpWFQeqjr8

    To anyone that reads this post: thanks for your time and o7!

    EDIT: apparently FdL hit me passing me, just not hard enough.

    submitted by /u/skabanos
    [link] [comments]

    Started my Guardian grind tonight.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:26 AM PST

    Finally got one if them HOTAS doo thing a ma giggers people keep talking bout.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Can someone please explain the morphing cockpit of the T7?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:03 PM PST

    36000 lightyears, and all I got was these peduncle trees… and loads of exploration data.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:26 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment