• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 26, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 26, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 26, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (February 26, 2020)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Efficient farming in high g worlds.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:04 AM PST

    F-Dev, real talk. Can we get some hype please?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:30 AM PST

    I think most of this community is here for the long haul and willing to wait and see what you've got baking for the big 2020 release. But please, for our sanity can you give us something to get hyped over? Fleet Carriers had a sneak peak trailer in JULY 2019 (7 months ago), and an longer reveal in AUGUST 2019 (6 months ago). Since then the release for them has been pushed back twice and we are just sitting her wondering what is going on.

    To add to this, aspects of the current game are being sucked out and disappearing (CG's, GalNet) with a little bit of explanation followed by "to work on the the next big update". So we all know you've got something big cooking, but could you turn the hype machine on??

    I'm all for waiting but I, like many others in the community, need something to keep our eye on the prize. Get us excited about waiting, make our mouths water at the prospect of what's on the way. Take Cyberpunk 2077 for example. That game has been hyped for so long now, I sometimes forget it's not even out yet. I've seen merchandise sold for it, all kinds of promotions, and it's not even a tangible product! If you guys could start hyping what's next for Elite, you'd simmer a lot of the disheartened voices and probably even attract some new players to the current game.

    I know you guys know how to do it. I followed eagerly as you piece by piece revealed nearly every dinosaur for Jurassic World Evolution before its release. This got people talking. Got them excited. The idea isn't that you have to show us everything, because right now you're not even showing us the shadow of what's coming. Maybe a cropped screenshot of some new visual effect? Or maybe a soundbite of something off screen to get our imaginations running.

    I could ramble all kinds of ideas in this vain, but you get the idea. Get us hyped! Hype your product! It has a rabid fan base of people who truly love the franchise, but we need something to keep us vested once and a while. Especially when by all appearances things are being taken from the current game with nothing to replace them and all we've got to go on is "wait for the end of 2020 update" without any idea whatsoever of what that means.

    Love you guys, love the game, can't wait to see what finally does show up, but please get us hyped!

    submitted by /u/Mavrecon
    [link] [comments]

    I'd love to have to deal with this type of stuff in ED

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 02:48 PM PST

    High 10!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:13 AM PST

    I discovered these. I licked them first. They're mine. Don't touch.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Galnet: Throwing in my 2 credits.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:07 AM PST

    I know everyone has something to say on this but I just wanna say my piece out loud.

    I miss galnet. I miss turning on the news while mining or exploring to break the unending quiet and monotony. It also adds emersion and gives me the feel that i'm in a real universe and not just a big sandbox.

    I don't care if it's just Fluff. Hell, i'm one of the pilots who went looking for that lost engie. I think that's kinda cool. It just says to me, despite the efforts of the best commanders, we couldn't find him and some NPCs did.

    AND MY BIG ONE IS: how am i supposed to know what AIsling Duval is wearing this season WITH OUT GALNET?!? FLY TO HER HOME SYSTEM? I'M WANTED THERE FOR STALKING! I CAN'T EVER GO BACK!

    ...

    ...

    In short. I'd like to see Galnet back.

    submitted by /u/Professor_Zeitgeist
    [link] [comments]

    o7 comandantes españoles!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:13 PM PST

    My first Elite rank: exploration! Thanks to my hardworking DBX <3

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:57 PM PST

    Making my way back to the core

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:22 PM PST

    Elite Dangerous Supercruise Assist Speed Trick

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:59 AM PST

    This still has to be my favorite picture i took in this game. I think this was taken on arrival to Obsidian Orbital in Maia

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 02:28 AM PST

    Another ELW for the Empire

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    First time visiting the Maia black hole, never been out this far

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:54 PM PST

    2nd time I see a station like this

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I just got my second elite (exploration), and I (re)made a tool to help you get elite as well!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:24 AM PST

    I just got my second elite (exploration), and I (re)made a tool to help you get elite as well!

    Elite Number 2!

    https://i.imgur.com/Ti2VabS.jpg

    I enjoy the journey as much as the next person, but I found myself wanting to be a tad more efficient while collecting exploration data as I was going from point A to point B.

    So, I'm releasing Sextant 2.0: it's a VoiceAttack plugin that will automatically give you a detour to high-value systems along your route. It's great for VR, and it really helps break up the monotony if you're traveling to the Pleiades or 5000 LY to unlock Professor Palin.

    It works with the trial version of VoiceAttack, but it's much less work when you have the paid version.

    https://github.com/awmcclain/Sextant

    o7 commanders! Let me know if you have any questions!

    submitted by /u/semiotomatic
    [link] [comments]

    Fun little gas giant

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:17 AM PST

    My first ELW discovered by me, 27,000 LY from Sol.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 09:01 PM PST

    People Warned it was big. Smuggly sat back with auto launch and get the luxury liner completely wedged.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:14 PM PST

    Ringed Gas Giant says "Peekaboo!"

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:57 AM PST

    A jewel in the black

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:03 PM PST

    W Ursae Majoris

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:21 AM PST

    o7 kermerrdeerp - laser engraved vulture v2

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 05:22 PM PST

    The Elephant Trunk is my new favorite place to stack raw mats.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 11:56 PM PST

    Krait In Front of Things - I just discovered my first Undiscovered Earth-Like

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:35 AM PST

    Krait In Front of Things - I just discovered my first Undiscovered Earth-Like

    I saw a post about this from other commanders in the past, but It's a particularly special feeling to find one of these myself. I'm quite new to exploration, and I headed out to Errant Marches to see what I could see. On the third system I actually FSS scanned, I came across this beauty with a single rocky body moon.

    Thanks Cmdrs! Experiencing something I've only seen others do in the community is in fact, quite a feeling.

    https://preview.redd.it/b0o7gcn7lbj41.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=4ff6cc7a5784550a845ca5d7e038a743593689ca

    submitted by /u/WoodsmanMedia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment