• Breaking News

    Monday, March 16, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (March 16, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (March 16, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (March 16, 2020)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When canyon running goes wrong (VR)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    [Initial D intensifies]

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Does rank actually matter? Mine is bugged. :(

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Anyone else have a lot of love for a Res site Mamba ��

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    Support Coriolis.io Billing

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm Nicou, talking on the behalf of Willyb321, Coriolis.io's manager.

    Recently, Willy has been struggling with the website's high billing. He's now unable to pay OVH for the host and the sum requested to pay for this month is 126.22AU$.

    After this amount has been paid, he will be able to get the database off the server to migrate the website to a much cheaper server, in order to continue and support the Elite: Dangerous community and our Ships Building needs.

    Coriolis.io has been built years ago and enhanced as updates were proposed for Elite: Dangerous. It is a very important website for every commanders in-game, who want to build ships templates before building them in-game.

    The website is useful to test things and outfitting before we, players, want to build the template for real in-game once we are satisfied with the build. It proposes many features that are essential for the community.

    Will you help us pay the billing for the website? Your help is very much appreciated. If we gather more funds than needed, the money will be donated to charity. We will be monitoring closely the funds.

    Donate here: ►► https://www.paypal.me/willb321 ◄◄

    Again, thank you for your support in this difficult time commanders!

    submitted by /u/Nicou12313
    [link] [comments]

    I threw this together in 30 minutes. Enjoy.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Getting elite dangerous today

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I'm getting elite dangerous deluxe edition after I post this as it is on sale. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Vanguard877
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the Boyz after Space Legs Update

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Secret of the Ooz

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Inara ship name registration

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Hello fellow commanders!

    So you most likely know about Inara.cz, and when I go to overview, I don't see my ship's name. How do I do this, so that my ship's name shows up on my profile?

    submitted by /u/SpaceSloth707
    [link] [comments]

    Social distancing instructions unclear ended up in Pleiades Cluster what do?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    Seem to have broken the game.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Tried a jump and got a connection error (orange sidewinder). Tried supercruise got the same.

    Quit the game. Now when I try to launch it crashes the moment It tries to load in off the launcher. And generates the crash report to send to fdev.

    Validated files in steam. Didn't help. Guess I'll reinstall unless it's some server issue fdevs end.

    submitted by /u/DreamWoven
    [link] [comments]

    I think I took "social distancing" a little too far... (made it to Sag A for the first time today!)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    Got pulled into a PvP fight today

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    So here's a little story about some fighting I did today in Elite.

    tldr: thought I had the big guns, got blown to pieces instead.

    First a little back story. I recently came back from the black after a couple years sitting waaay outside the bubble halfway to Sag A*. Stashed my AspX in the garage and outfitted my dust covered python to mine in Borann. After getting a billion or so credits I get the founders world permit and my first elite (yay). Naturally I make a new home on Jameson Memorial and start logging in to open.

    After all this time, I kind of forgot how the meta goes for fighting in the game and kinda wanna give back some fire to all the pirates that have been trying to interdict me after my mining sessions. Naturally I put on some big guns on this mining python and just go out looking for trouble.

    The first NPC that pulls me out of super cruise is flying in an adder and is about to do short work of my Armour. That is, right until I pull out those big guns from before. Two large multi cannons on top, one large blaster in the middle, and turreted lasers in everything else.

    As I get the guy to 6% hull strength he boosts out. Unsatisfying but my confidence is high.

    Some repairs later and I'm out again, looking for trouble. I submit to an interdiction because I'm on some mission to deliver some cargo to a prison colony and decide he's probably a light weight. Nope... Before I even whip out my guns, he's already stripping my hull and suddenly I'm ejaculating or whatever. Fine, it stings a little because it costs something like 100 million to rebuy and I even get a fine for my failed mission.

    In outfitting Ⅰ decide this was a hardware problem which needs to be solved by... More hardware. Hull reinforcements, military grade armour (mining python.. It had a lightweight lol..), some hull reinforcement, more pointy teeth here and there. Third time is the lucky number, right?

    I decide to do some easy practice and head out to the nav beacon in the system. Those are not too dangerous, and usually have some local authority vessels to bail me out if I go in too deep. Good.

    On my way there I get interdicted again. Already looking for a fight, my instinct is to submit and pull out the guns immediately. I have more hardware now, I can do it!

    Not so much... The guy basically loops around me 10 times as I barely get his shields down even a bit. I get some licks in but he's already ahead of me by a light year.

    For some reason the rebuy is much cheaper this time. As I sit in the hangar bay of Jameson Memorial I ponder my life choices and how they got me to this low point. I get a friend request. It's the commander who just killed me! I accept the request and send a polite message to be a good sport.

    Anyway, sorry for wasting your time with this space soap. Anyone got any good tips for me for how to git gud?

    submitted by /u/alive1
    [link] [comments]

    "You picked the WRONG neighborhood to pick a fight in friend!"

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    “Friendship ended with inner orion spur now friend with sanguineous rim”

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    I discovered a moon with 4 Km deep canyons (Flyooe Eohn UV-W c2-0 3 a)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    As we prepare for Carriers I can't help but be reminded of one big issue

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    First off, for those of you in the UK, I hope you are safe and healthy. Stay in. Play some Elite and limit exposure to the Mycoid, Hexedit (Elite reference, for those unfamiliar), or whatever else is out there. ;P

    I hope FDev is safe in their Coriolis station, imperial tower, or whatever it exists in...hopefully a Coriolis out in the Formadine, lost, but safe.

    Right, so now into the meat of things.

    Elite is touted as a "play your own way" sort of game and yet? there's only ever really one "Real" way to make credits at a given time. As we prepare to afford these undoubtedly expensive carriers, we are, yet again, forced into grinding credits in that good ol "until our eyes bleed out" fashion...with no real options to breaking things up.

    I've posted about how unbalanced profession payouts were ever since pre-Horizons, when cargo runs were literally they "Only" lucrative way to making credits. Since then, anymore? The only two booms that allow us decent credit gains are passenger and mining runs...with passenger runs being a very distant second, by comparison.

    As carriers near, I had hoped that A.) Fdev would have had some announcement as to their cost B.) Scaled mission payouts accordingly, as these will undoubtedly be the biggest investment in the game yet, with many predicting between 5-8 billion Cr (base) and over twice as much for any future/ potential engineering.

    Two weeks ago, in an attempt to make credit grinding more adventurous and less "grindy," I decided to experiment with ferrying a Cutter full of passengers to Colonia, along with full data banks, from HIP 5623. I figured that between the exploration data, data deliveries and passengers I'd stand to make at least half a billion, worse case. I was massively off. I should have known something was amiss, once I seen the highest paying passenger was only 3 mil, with the rest being 900K-1.6 million and the same with the data deliveries. Yet? I can do a single Sothis passenger run in just a few minutes and make almost as much? Indeed, something is wrong here.

    After delivering everything and everyone to Colonia, I decided, "well? Since I'm all the way out here I'll explore for the week and test out "pure exploration" gains. It turned into going all the way out to the Outer Arm, which is over 10Kly from Colonia, and travel down to the Formadine and back. I discovered probably 10 ELW, slightly more Ammonia, and probably over 100 WW systems. I mapped most of my finds, especially ELW, ammonia, or systems with more than one WW. At the end of a week's period I made slightly over 500 million...an amount I can make in 3 hours of mining.

    When I got back to Sol and still refusing to do anymore mining, I thought to test out bounty hunting missions. The first few stations I docked at didn't even offer any (outside of winged missions)... "Ah...the 'old problem.' That's why I stopped doing these." When I finally found a system offering one? It was just that...a single mission, offering around 950K. I was fully allied with said system. I thought, "well? If it's that hard to even find a BH mission and they still only offer between 700K-1.6 mil? Well? There goes that. That's not productive use of time."

    Next? I thought I would revisit conflict zone based missions. The "Wipe out [insert faction] ships" entitled missions. Again, for a fully allied system? I was looking at about 10-13 million, per 30-40 ships... "No way...it'd take me all night!"

    So? Back I went, tail between my legs and defeated. I began re-upping on my EDDB "where to go and sell" knowledge and outfitting my Cutter for mining, again, ready to bleed out of my eyes and watching ret***ed limpets commit suicide.

    submitted by /u/Dehdstar
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Coming back after 5 years

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Hi CMDRs,

    I used to play Elite since 1 or 2 months after it launched, to October 2015, approximately.

    As a loooooong time has passed, the game has grown a lot, and Im a bit confused as to where to begin.

    I would appreciate any recommendations or summaries of what is available in game now, so I can have an overall idea of what is going on before getting deeper into each new feature

    Do you know anything along those lines I can look at?

    submitted by /u/PinksFunnyFarm
    [link] [comments]

    Building a Cutter for Trade

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Not a combat ship but one a little tanky and capable of taking care of itself while running cargo missions to grind up some rank and $$$. I saw a thread on a similar idea a month or so ago but can't find it now. Suggested build ideas? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Elkyri
    [link] [comments]

    Daramo AB 1 grabbing some materials. Why is this Type 7 shadowing me? He just showed up and is now hovering right in front of me. Doesn't move. What the heck?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Trespassing ends in jail?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I did a planetary scan job and got a 600 credit fine for trespassing when I tried to pay the fine they impounded my ship and sent me to jail lol. I thought you only went to jail for violent crimes? Do I need to go to an interstellar factor after these missions?

    submitted by /u/justanotherheathern
    [link] [comments]

    Can't map Change Cockpit Mode (PS4) (HOTAS 4) (Help)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    I can't map this control to any button or combination, the only way I found to change modes is to reset to default control mode and then returning to customized after I changed modes, is this a known bug ?

    submitted by /u/RauloSuper
    [link] [comments]

    They breed quickly out there in the dark...

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment