• Breaking News

    Monday, April 13, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 13, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 13, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 13, 2020)

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I probably won't be alive when stuff like this is finally possible, but one can hope

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Elite Dangerous: Stan Shift-Drive is Charging...

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Just returning after 3 years away

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Yeah no I’m fine I’ll just stay down here and leave you guys to it ��

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    The Eye

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    The icon on my Xbox almost blends in with my background

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    When you have a galaxy instead of grass on your backyard

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Hull Seals Fleet Initiative - A Community-Ran CG Event

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    Hello Everyone!

    The Hull Seals have been putting on a bit of a community goal-esque event, as part of efforts to raise funding to deploy a deep-space rescue and repair carrier in the Ryker's Hope region. Today marks the entrance of the second week of our goal, with the first week coming up with over 11.1 billion credits raised in one week.

    As part of the second week, we wanted to open this goal up to anyone in the community who wishes to contribute! Without further ado, I present the Hull Seals Community Initiative.

    The Initiative

    The Hull Seals, an organization known across the galaxy for emergency ship repair response, have requested materials for the construction of a fleet of Fleet Carriers to be deployed as frontier response vessels in the wider galaxy.

    The resources gathered by Seal administration aims to build at least one carrier, under CMDR HullSeals, and deploy it in the Rykers Hope region. Additional funds to complete the goal will be used to purchase more carriers.

    Materials of value should be gathered by CMDRs, who should schedule meet-up drops with any Administration CMDR to drop off and sell the goods in question at various starports across the galaxy via wing trade credits, wing missions, physical transfer of goods, or remotely via multi-crew trade dividends.

    The initiative begins on the 6th of April 3306, and run for two weeks. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will still continue to raise funds for proper outfitting and establishment of this base, as well as long-term maintenance.

    This initiative is one of two initiatives, the second to be the deployment of carriers to their stations as part of an upcoming coalition.

    Some Notes

    Although not the most profitable, the quickest and easiest way to transfer funds is via multi-crew dividends or wing trade dividends. This also allows you the donator to earn a profit, in lieu of traditional rewards from Community Goals. This "CG" is not sponsored or affiliated with Frontier.

    The Top 5 Submitters will win a prize. The CG will be open to only Seals the first week, and all CMDRs the second week if needed.

    Tiers

    Tiers Requirements Reward
    12 [Revealed When Next Up] [Revealed When Unlocked]
    11 [Revealed When Next Up] [Revealed When Unlocked]
    10 [Revealed When Next Up] [Revealed When Unlocked]
    9 [Revealed When Next Up] [Revealed When Unlocked]
    8 [Revealed When Next Up] [Revealed When Unlocked]
    7 12,700,000,000 cr [Revealed When Unlocked]
    6 11,500,000,000 cr 2 Carriers + Cost of Deployment
    5 10,700,000,000 cr 1 Carrier + Cost of Deployment + Outfitting + 52 Week Rations
    4 10,700,000,000 cr 2 Carriers
    3 6,600,000,000 cr 1 Carrier + Cost of Deployment + Outfitting
    2 6,000,000,000 cr 1 Carrier + Cost of Deployment
    1 5,500,000,000 cr 1 Carrier

    Meta

    To view the current status of the goal, procedures to donate, submission contact list, or anything of the like please visit the information document: https://hullse.al/FleetInitiative

    To contribute to the goal, discuss the goal, or meet and discuss the Seals in general, please join the CG Discord: https://hullse.al/CGDonate

    submitted by /u/Torngate
    [link] [comments]

    After several years (and hiatuses) I've finally got the Imperial Cutter

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Sadly I do not know this community, but...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Sadly I do not know this community (and I understand I may be called a filthy casual for what I need to say), but I am extraordinarily enjoying the fact that A game I felt warned off of as too complex for ME to control (please realize that I have suffered two traumatic brain injuries 6 (or 7) strokes and a few aneurysms, I'm happy when I can move on my own power now a days) has been so enjoyable, so I have loved having access to abilities like Auto Docking, and Supercruise Autoassist, especially when I have my narcolepsy kick in , and I accidentally overshoot my target by a mere 500,000 Ls (when I was only a 100+Ls, away from getting to my target (what was frustrating was the target was only 250,000 Ls from the jump in point to begin with... so to answer the point yes the whole trip from jump in took 5 times longer than it should. It did not destroy my enjoyment just gave me reasons to trust autoassist programming (the transition noises of coming out of frameshift usually startle me out of my slumber... oh yea Thank God for Auto Docking

    Michael D. " illumANark" Conway

    submitted by /u/illumANark
    [link] [comments]

    Life enhancing space travel

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Pretending the ringy bits are a sp(r)ace track

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    Dear FDev, could you please tell us details about the Q4 Update NOW, to get feedback early?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    The Q4 update will decide the future of the game. It would be a shame if things would go wrong like with Fleet Carriers.

    submitted by /u/Armanuki
    [link] [comments]

    One Day...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    Not what I expected upon arriving back at Colonia

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    Rings of Vulcan

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Finally got around to making my time lapse of my planet of death experience. This clip was taken out of a recording of over 8 hours, and real time would've been over and hour and a half. The time lapse drops to regular speed at 0:21, and at the end you can catch the lensing from the white dwarf.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Why NPCs never go "Oh, Hell NO!" when they see you having an incredibly superior ship?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    Today, I was doing some cargo missions in my cutter. To keep myself defended, I have some shield boosters and turrets. I won't win against a Dangerous Anaconda, but it's enough to keep myself safe while charging the FSD those rare cases I don't win the interdiction minigame.

    As I was doing the missions, I got interdicted mostly by Pythons, FDLs and Anacondas. Then out of nowhere, here comes a competent Volture. They interdict me, and just for the lols I submit to it. So here we are, me not even moving with the turrets absolutely owning this Volture and tearing it to pieces.

    And I had the thought: if this was a real situation, a pirate or mercenary would take a look at the ship they were up against and either call for reinforcements or say "Hell no" and get out. So why has nobody thought of having NPCs do that?

    Update: for the first time ever, an NPC tried to attack me inside the no-fire zone of a station. I'm almost 100% sure this was a bug, but hearing the station destroying my would-be assassin while I was calmly landing was fun.

    submitted by /u/Unslaadahsil
    [link] [comments]

    En route for some mining in the Python

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Anyone else totally not interested in Fleet Carriers (yet)?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    I may be the only one who isn't excited about it but it feels like a huge ship tacked onto existing capabilities. I would much rather see upgrades for planetary capability re. landing on ELWs', liquid simulations, fogs, clouds, etc. To me that is where the true depth of the game can/should be expanded.

    submitted by /u/HDSledge
    [link] [comments]

    I heard you guys like twins.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    From getting the game when it came out, finally got the anaconda

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Since FC's use Arx (ie: real money) to buy paint and skins etc, wouldn't FDEV want lots of people to own them?!?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    As the Carriers stand now, VERY few people will or can own them. Which translates into less money for FDEV. Therefore they will make them so that they are more desirable to purchase and keep.

    submitted by /u/Mercury0_0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment