• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 18, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 18, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 18, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 18, 2020)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I killed my first 'Goid!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    This system really caught my eye. Herbig Ae/Be, Black Hole, and an O type star

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    First Earth-Like World on this trip to map the Galactic Center

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Potato Rise

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Inara (and other 3rd party helpful sites)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    So, I returned from a year hiatus just recently, and while the game offers lots of valuable information now, the reliance upon and ease-of-access of the 3rd party websites is second-to-none.

    Having gone cold-turkey from my lack of Inara today, I just wanted to say a massive thanks to the creators and maintainers (and all those who assist, including us via EDMC) of Inara, Roguey, EDDB, EDSM, EDSY, Coriolis, EDPathfinder, R2R and all those that others use and are out there.

    I just wanted to voice mine, and I imagine many other's appreciation in a place where hopefully they might see is all, it's nice to feel appreciated afterall.

    All these really do make the game in my personal opinion, (along with the actual game Devs/
    Workers, Content creators and fellow Commanders of course) so thank you. :)

    submitted by /u/EvoBeardy
    [link] [comments]

    New login method in the works

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    My new baby, the Biennium Falcon (Krait Mk2)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    Once again a full cargo hold to sell. I named my cutter Borann's Favour

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    My friend, who got me into Elite Dangerous, recently finished his custom Elite controller. I thought it deserved a shoutout. :)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Over 100 hours in, I finally accomplished something of value!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Finally made it home, game is amazing in VR.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    My first ringed star. I love exploring.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    First time I stumbled into a trinary star system. Spooked me when I dropped out and saw the second star light seconds from the first

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    First Elite rank :D

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Going to the giant meteorite in the giant crater (going to the cliff of ancestors to find Simba)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    It's not much to look at because it's too dark to even see it, but what do you call a planet that's orbiting 7 stars? - Phroi Pri RN-F c965 ABCDEFG 1

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    View of the milky way 3000 ly from the bubble

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Not knowing what system this mission was in and then realising my mistake...it took me 1hr and 10mins to get there

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Who else kept their original sidewinder?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I heard a lot of people trade theirs in when upgrading, I just couldn't do that. I made my first million with that ship. Her name is Argus and I'll never sell her

    submitted by /u/timberswiss3
    [link] [comments]

    On Waiting: Braben Has Wanted Legs in Elite Since 2001...

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    Just some fun quotes :)

     

    In the previous games the technology was not sufficient to give the player total freedom. In Elite, you couldn't fly over planet surfaces, but that was rectified in Frontier. In Frontier you couldn't get out of your ship, but we aim to rectify that in Elite 4. (Andrew Gillet, 2001)

     

    In Elite, you were a spaceship, to move on to be a person, so many other things have to happen. Apologies for it taking so long, and I really mean that, but it's a game dear to my heart, and I don't want to do it badly. (David Braben, 2006)

     

    Just to set the record straight, space legs and EVA gameplay, that's way off in the future. That's a goal. I've talked to David and it's always been part of his core vision for what Elite really is, even from way back in the day, it's always been about you're a person in a real futuristic setting, not just a ship. However, I think it's also fair to say Space Legs is effectively dovetailing a whole new game into Elite. We take steps towards it, it's our end vision, but we're not there yet, we're... it's a long way off. (Sandro, 2017)

     

     

    In light of the fact that the 'new era' PDLC seems very likely to involve Legs, it could be that a twenty year wait is almost over :D

     

    (If anyone doesn't find the 'leak' compelling, here's some complementary info, and an argument that the PDLC is sizeable enough to address such content :))

     

    If the DLC is indeed Legs, will they:

     

     

    Dunno :D

     

    I'm still intrigued to see what they can do with a launch game's worth of dev though. There should be something intriguing in there at least ;). And probably some stuff that's thoroughly eccentric...

     

    Standard caveat: The old roadmap split Legs into two DLCs. Roughly 'ship interiors + ship boarding' & 'station interiors with NPCs, PvE & PvP'. So expecting all of that at once would be unwise ;)

    submitted by /u/Golgot100
    [link] [comments]

    Just crossed 800 hours and decided it was time for a new ride

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Finnaly, after returning to ED after 3 years away and SO MANY SOTHIS/FEDERAL RUNS, I get my new baby!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Just my Krait MKII and Taipan fighter, tidying up after a pirate went after my cargo.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Short visit to Earth with a friend.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment