• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 10, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 10, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 10, 2020)

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I have dragged like 15 friends into this game and I WILL DRAG IN EVEN MORE WITH THIS SALES PITCH

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    My solution to the volume of commands....

    Posted: 10 May 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    Finally got my Anaconda and couldn't get this out of my head

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    First time I found geological phenomena

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    This isn't sped up... Pretty crazy!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    out of ammo, ramming speed

    Posted: 10 May 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Test Video: trying to give Elite Dangerous true scale

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    Almost got heart attack, 42KLY from bubble, arriving with 0.1T of fuel, fortunately with neutron charged fsd had enough fuel for jump to nearest scoopable system.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    PSA: Your Squadron's "Accepting Members" configuration might have been turned off last night.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    Title.


    Without warning, and with no one in my 300 person squadron able to change our configuration other than myself, our "accepting members" was switched off randomly.

    This means our squadron wasn't searchable, and a new person we were trying to get added wasn't able to find it / get an invite at all.


    Took a good hour to figure out the issue, so I don't know if other squadrons might have had the same issue happen to them last night.


    Double weird that in our squadron feed, there was no "configuration updated" in there either, until it was switched back on.

    Anyway, squadron owners and leaders, give it a check!

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/4sonicride
    [link] [comments]

    I'm goin home!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Near Jameson Memorial: The best place to go shopping!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    Water world transiting its parent star, sped up by a factor of 32. It took a painstakingly long time to line up my AspX to my math, but after a few tries I nailed it!

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    Chasing Yaga-Shura (Sidewinders, FA-off)

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Which one of my fellow Scottish commanders was responsible for this gem?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Found a place to spend the (RL) night. (BLAE DRYOAE VA-S B36-3) Exploration! Do it now! Diamondback Explorer (best and cheapest exploration ship)

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Everybody loves "Chieftain in Front of Things"

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH A THANG: I had a panic attack and an erection at the same moment

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    Back after a 4yr hiatus with VR!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I was one of the founding beta testers for ED and stopped gaming with it about 4 years ago. I've had a weekend with a friend's HTC Vive as I was thinking of buying it. After playing ED in it, I am back!

    VR and this game has blown me away! I knew it was good in VR but I had no idea it was this good! Needless to say, I'm buying it off him.

    But ..... a lot has happened over 4 years and that, coupled with the VR has left Me with a steep learning curve. I've spent the weekend trying to recall my HOTAS bindings, but I'm after any advice on the following:

    • Rare goods. These used to be the way to go to make money, is this still the case?

    • no matter how I try to set it, boost doesn't seem to work. I used to boost out of station and boost to get away from mass lock and I used to use it to get away from attackers if i was losing. Does it still exist or is it something wrong with my set up?

    • now I'm using VR (WOW again!) I'm confused with the voice attack thing. If I enable it it disables my HOTAS! Do I need to remap keys to make it work with VA? Sorry, I'm a dullard with this and need guidance on how it should work.

    • finally how do I know if I can land on a planet?

    Thank you everyone.

    Cdr Monty Engstrom!

    submitted by /u/Ombit2798
    [link] [comments]

    Second Test Video - Elite Dangerous: True Scale - Type 6

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    So I planned a route to the guardian site to get the modules.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    So I planned a route to the guardian site to get the modules.

    What I did wrong tho was plan the route to a different system 900ly in the opposite direction of the guardian site.

    I sent this to my friends via phone to explain my stupidity.

    Green where I was stranded without fuel

    Blue approximate starting point

    Red Guardian site

    How I managed to do that is beyond me, how I managed to plot a route in the opposite direction is also beyond me, I just know I did it somehow.(I guess I had 2 bookmarks marked "Guardian Site" one of them was a mistake(Green) one of them was correct(Red)) so we learn from mistakes.

    I thought about self destructing and starting from Djiwal or Deciat again, but no, did not want to lose the exploration data and little of what was left of my honor. So I did what everyone without fuel does and I called the Fuel Rats.

    It happened super quickly, I got connected to 2 commanders CMDR Demongoat7195 and CMDR Fenrishi.

    CMDR Demongoat was a bit far away so he couldnt assist on time, but CMDR Fenrishi was under 4 minutes there and he helped out.

    Im the glowy Anaconda and CMDR Fenrishi is the orange one.

    So my thanks goes out to all the Fuel Rats out there that save the people that cant plan routes correctly like me and the other poor souls without fuel.

    o7 Fuel Rats, you all are good men.

    submitted by /u/Antoni-_-oTon1
    [link] [comments]

    [Serious] How long did it take for your muscle memory to kick in for all of these commands?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    I finally just started playing last night and have been soing nothing but the training missions to get the hang of everything. I haven't played a flight sim in quite some time, but holy smokes is there a lot of stuff to remember. I keep looking at my binding map like, " where tf is that one again".

    submitted by /u/TheBigCapKidd
    [link] [comments]

    There are those who believe that life here began out there...

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Harvesting jumponium.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment