• Breaking News

    Monday, May 11, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 11, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 11, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 11, 2020)

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 Patch Notes

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    I've got complete Chads running this carrier

    Posted: 11 May 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    I'm one of the newer people in Elite Dangerious, (started around 2 weeks ago) and i thought this looked cool.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    So I’ve decided if I was to come back to the game... I’d make sure to do it justice.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Exploration vessel is ready now.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    The K4MI squadron PRESENTS to you PART 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO of what the FUCK you can see in SPACE GAME!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Got my first elite yesterday!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    "I see all! "We cant promise your privacy in this fleet carrier!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Finally Got My Python

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Updated Fleet Carrier Prices

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Wanderer.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    more fun with the vinyl cutter!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Finally got an Imperial Clipper! The S.S. Arleeann. It’s not the greatest ship, but it sure is a good looking one.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    First biological site I've found

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Dusted off and lubed my flightsticks after a year-long hiatus, and was greeted by an unbelievable sight!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    ED is by a mile my game of the year (long-ish post)

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    By far one of the strangest game's I've ever played and communities I've experienced. I really didn't know what to think of it, I'd tried to play ED in 2018 but it just seemed like this big empty sandbox I didn't understand, I died a few times and hasn't touched it since January of this year.

    Since then I've come to the realization that Elite Dangerous is one of the few games I've played that is much more then the sum of its parts, only made better by the community that play it regardless if you play solo or not.

    It's an open invitation to do whatever the hell you like in a universe so vast you think it looks the same until you move a fraction of its distance and suddenly a background that looked static begins to shift slowly from forms like abstract lovecraftian nightmare scape to a full on disco ball with more lights then you thought possible

    One of the weirdest things is that it doesn't give a shit if you see and won't hold your hand at any point and that's the biggest invitation.

    It's the core of these invitations turnd adventures that I've come to love about the game.

    • At first it was getting the hang of things

    • Then it was getting my first million and finding my jam/favourite thing to do in the game

    • Then finding my legs outside the pond that is the pilots federation - took about 3 days

    • Then saving for the chieftain back when 20 million credits would take me 2 weeks to save, feeling invincible the first time I deployed it's hardpoints and ringed around something twice my size.

    • Then it was spending a month leaving my first Anaconda in dry dock slowly chipping away at the 500m module upgrades, launching it for the first time with that feeling that I'd "beaten" the game because I had 'that' ship

    • Then it was unlocking the first few engineers landing on planets. Discovering dead alien ships by littraly learning how to navigate using longitudes and latitudes from watching a YouTube video because I didn't understand what a planetary scanner could do.

    • Then it was saying screw it, I want the corvette going on to annihilate an armada of pirate ships, paying off more politicians then I could count and discovering how awesome NCP ship launched fighters could be, leveling a harmless up to an Elite as a side project.

    • Then it was tinkering with every available engineer that didn't require mining or too much trading.

    • Then getting mad at how much the thermal damage ships could do to me and deciding to make the 22,00ly trip to colonia in my 19.6ly corvette

    • In the process of the plus 1k jumps reading/listening to all the lore codex entries, finding planets/stars/bodies people has missed along the way and making it a bit shy of explore Elite and having something mind numbing to get away from worry about end of semester exams

    • And today it was me making it back to the bubble and deciding to try a new challenge and fight in a war, as a result hearing/watching a Farragut Battle Cruiser jump into range with its 20 or weapons firing off into the distance for the first time and feeling awesome as 4-6 NCP dangerous to Elite rank ships couldn't get my sheilds down with concentrated attacks for 2 plus minutes (popping off multiple shield cells) while shield bypass wepons barely did anything to my hull

    That's what I love about this game. All the emergent adventures YOU decide to go on as a natural cascade of slowly understanding the scale of customisation and options you have

    All this even before I've had the chance to:

    • Get to the centre of the galaxy

    • Get pulled out of FS by an alien

    • explore Beagle Point

    • Buy, engineer and pilot a solo thargoid killer

    • Unlock any of the guardian tech

    • Work towards X3 elite (or even one)

    to my last point, One of the biggest misconceptions I'd created was that by default the Elite Dangerous community would be toxic, elitist and secular.

    Finding something more akin to the dark souls and Bloodborne community, sure you get the odd arsehole that'll tell you that treasure is at the bottom of the death cliff or wait outside the boss room for free xp but the large majority of commanders just want ye to enjoy the game as much as they do while recognizing the difficulty and learning curve required to get the hang of it without spoiling the adventure.

    I'm not sure if it's just that the game is at a particular part of its lifespan or that it just requires a type of person to play that has led to such an active, nontoxic, friendly and still capable of having banter communities.

    TL:DR Good game, nice commanders, 10/10. Would fly spaceship again.

    submitted by /u/DyslexicNerd_
    [link] [comments]

    On my way to Colonia... wake up to this stunning view.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Orbbis in a ring

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    Follow-up to my earlier post about a potential large-size dedicated exploration vessel: the Asp Voyager! Love to hear what you think!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    Made a short cinematic video. Thought I'd post it here if people wanted to watch!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    What Tritium Means to Elite Dangerous.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    You probably think that tritium is just the fuel for FCs, but it's a lot more than that. Tritium is the only item in elite that can be produced by players, traded to other players, and has an in-game function. It's the first item that has the ability to introduce a player driven economy. That means emergent gameplay, like FCs organising their own community goals to refuel their ships, and everything that goes with that.

    This is a small but significant step that shouldn't be scoffed at.

    The question is, why would a player who mines it sell it to fcs? I think naturally, there may be a motivation. Because the price a station sells its tritium is higher than the price it will pay for it, there is some wiggle room for FCs to set their buy prices higher than a nearby station's, while it still being cheaper for the FC than buying the tritium directly from the nearby station. So sellers get more profits, and FC owners get cheaper tritium. There also could be other motivations, like stations having a much smaller demand for it than FCs.

    Hopefully FDev expands on this first element of a player driven economy going forward. A good and simple place to go from here would be to introduce player trading and the ability to sell and buy materials and data at FC's markets the same way you can currently do with commodities.

    submitted by /u/MasterDefibrillator
    [link] [comments]

    FC Beta2 - Thargoids attack Brill Station! - Kareco System

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Cool photo I took a while ago

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Found my first ELW 4.7k from Sol.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    [FC Beta2] It's a small change, but I'm thankful for it.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Found my first ELW 10kly from sol

    Posted: 11 May 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment