• Breaking News

    Friday, May 8, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 08, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 08, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 08, 2020)

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    True

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Broo Tarquin's Patented Rock Hull Reinforcement™ - "It's like Shooting a Rock!"

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    I do kinda feel bad tho....

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    The stars in the background (Rigel and Rigel B) are bothe the same distance from the ship

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Good old Mother.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    There's a bad moon on the rise.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Gave me goosebumps, reminded me of Guillermo Del Toro's "The Strain"

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Looking for a home?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Hello CMDRs New Players Initiative (NEWP) is looking for new players. We accept all players of any skill level or expertise. We have a squadron on every platform and are active most of the day. We are a learning squadron. We have roughly 1400 members on discord. If you are already in a squadron, no problem we accept all people and maybe you can teach or learn something. Our goal is to help new people learn the ropes and pick an avenue to pursue.

    https://discord.gg/Egumh5g

    submitted by /u/willay-d01
    [link] [comments]

    i really didn't think my chaff placement through...

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    Been holding off on grinding combat elite till I got enough for my fav ship and parts. Gonna be a fun weekend!

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    I had a nightmare about Elite, last night.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Last night, while I slept, I had a nightmare about Elite: Dangerous. It was interesting enough that I decided to share.

    I was supercruising around idly in some solar system when I decided that I wanted to fuel scoop to top off my tank. I happened to be supercruising near a double planet, except it wasn't two planets orbiting each other, it was a planet-sized asteroid with weird glowing green patches co-orbiting a moon-sized Class M Red Dwarf star. Despite its size, the asteroid was lumpy like most asteroids are instead of being self-rounded by gravity as planet-sized objects are normally wont to do.

    I supercruised over to the really tiny star and started fuel scooping; this naturally put me close to the weird planet-sized asteroid. Almost immediately, I get a warning from Carina that I've been infected with something from the weird asteroid and my character's health drops instantly to 25% and is slowly decaying further. (No, not shields, not armor, not any module, the hitpoints on my CHARACTER dropped to 25%; dreams are weird, yo.)

    I supercruise away from the asteroid and tiny star and start panicking about what to do when I get a mission offer from a female NPC. In the mission offer (which is presented in full motion video) the NPC tells me she can get me cured quickly, but I need to land near her ship on a planet one jump over.

    The game tells me that I have 1 minute and 28 seconds before I die, so I try to rush over there as fast as possible. However, I run out of time just as I'm about to enter orbital cruise and I watch my ship explode, listening to Carina talk about how my death was really tragic. I'm sitting there in my chair in front of my computer seething with anger and thinking about how I'm going to complain on the forums about this mission and how the Game Designer at Frontier responsible for this mission needs to be fired.

    I get back into game and respawn in space. I still have this infection debuff, but now I have much more time to deal with it. I get into orbital cruise at the planet, spiral down keeping less than a 60 degree dive, then glide to the NPC's landed ship. I'm flying an Alliance Chieftain and the terrain is very rough, so the NPC and I are trying to find a large enough flat patch of ground where we can land near each other.

    Then I started the slow process of waking up. There was a significant period of time during which I was still asleep but suspected that I was dreaming, but couldn't be sure one way or other other. I remember thinking "I should check my character stats. If I've got 3 Insurance Claims, then it was just a dream, but if I've got 4 Insurance Claims, then it was real." Once I did properly wake up, I thought "that was a weird dream; I wonder what the EliteDangerous subreddit is going to think of it."

    Then I dawdled elsewhere on the Internet for an hour, then started typing this post.

    (Lately, I've been using an Alliance Chieftain a lot for running Conflict Zones. I recently put a Planetary Vehicle Hangar into the spare Class 2 Internal Compartment so that I can go element hunting without changing ships, as I've been starting to use synthesis more frequently for my dumbfire missiles.)

    submitted by /u/Seamus_Donohue
    [link] [comments]

    First time seeing one of these, dropped in accidentally in LHS-3589 and couldn't miss the opportunity for a shot.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    I know this has been posted here before but h

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    My first time exploring, travelled over 10,000LY in total and managed to discover 3 star systems!

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    I've found this article using an Elite Dangerous ruin as illustration: The Great Filter

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    After trying to use ED free camera effects, I decide to use Nividea in-game filters instead. Hope all you enjoy! See you in the black commanders! o7

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    Returning player kind of overwhelmed with the changes. Need help.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    So I quit playing back when engineers and planetary landings were new. Now I have a newer computer and a HOTAS and I want to get back into this amazing game.

    I have an Anaconda, and it was fully pimped out prior to engineers. I have about 750 million credits as well on top of that.

    I don't think I own any other ships or assets.

    I do have the Horizons expansion as well.

    I figure I can kind of "start over", sell the Anaconda and get something smaller and more manageable. Maybe a Cobra MK3 or a Vulture? My bank account and the money I would make off the Anaconda should be a good start to kit up a smaller more manageable ship, right?

    I want to start fresh and small but with a bank account that allows me to skip a lot of the early game grinding.

    What ship should I be looking at? I want something that I can maneuver well as I learn my HOTAS. Something fast with good mid to larger hardpoints for conflict zones and bounty hunting. I also am open to all suggestions such as mining or exploration. I don't know what all has changed honestly.

    I guess I am just asking for general tips. What would you do if you were wanting to start over and re-learn the game? Do people play CQC and is it a good place to train? Were there any groundbreaking changes or game changing ships released since then?

    Should I sell my Anaconda, or dock it somewhere while I relearn so I can pimp it out again sometime later? My biggest fear with it is that I am so damn rusty plus learning a new control scheme that it might be too expensive to even drive at the moment due to buy back costs.

    Help an old school Elite player catch up in this crazy galaxy. I have no direction and don't even know what I should be working towards!

    Thanks CMDR. o7

    submitted by /u/Modernautomatic
    [link] [comments]

    Multicolored Trinary

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    What’s the one thing you’d rather see in a DLC for ED. Being able to land on a ELW, or see what’s behind this door in the cockpit? I’m torn.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    OH LAWD 49

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Would love to be able to jump into another ship and leave the cargo in the ship it was collected in....

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Went mining in Borann in my Corvette and collected 342 tons of LTD. Parked at Anderson in Irula. I would love to be able to leave the fully laden ship at Anderson Orbital, transfer my Krait MkII and fly back home with it to pirate hunt while I wait for LTD prices to go back up. Instead I have to transfer all the cargo into the ship I am flying. I understand why they planned it that way, but it would be much better if the cargo could stay with the ship. Just venting here, don't expect an update to change it.

    submitted by /u/HDSledge
    [link] [comments]

    Time to head back to the bubble. 100% go check out colonia if you get a chance. besides looking absolutely stunning the engineering is worth the trip.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Finally, Colonia Awaits!

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Finally, Colonia Awaits!

    I know there's tons of these 'yay I made it!' posts but hell, for as much of a casual player as I am this is a big step! First time ever at Colonia.

    Quick shoutout to the Neutron Plotter Route, couldn't have made it without that.

    Next stop, Sag A*!

    Stay Safe CMDRs

    o7

    https://preview.redd.it/gf7xbobemlx41.jpg?width=2560&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=df9332d788d6525cd01eae1ea15f9798df934cb6

    submitted by /u/Thelonious_Jaha
    [link] [comments]

    When you’re approaching the station and the throttle does “the thing”

    Posted: 08 May 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment