• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 21, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (June 21, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (June 21, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (June 21, 2020)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My beloved Cat, i've made you a Constellation in Elite

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    My beloved Cat, i've made you a Constellation in Elite

    You are gone for four years now, but i still miss you so much...

    I'm really bad at expressing myself, and i feel i never did enough to thank

    you for all the times you were there for me, for all the things you had to

    go through because i was too lazy or too self-absorved. I should have done more

    for you, and now i cannot make it right anymore.

    Last year i've set out on a journey to finally do something in your name, even if it

    was 'only' in a game.

    I made it so the expedition would start on the day of your birth, and end the day you were taken

    away from us.

    I originally planned to find a little space that was unexplored, maybe a small bubble, and explore

    everything within it, and maybe make the exploration dots form a little ball with cat ears,

    something recognizable for you.

    Well, Space is obviously not symmetrical, and when i looked at it on the map, it was far from

    being a ball.

    What it was though, was even more magical, and i'm honestly not sure how it happened, but there

    was a cat in space, pawz up, sitting on her back legs and playing with something...

    So i added a little ball of strings. I hope you like it.

    https://preview.redd.it/iys99x6bma651.png?width=729&format=png&auto=webp&s=adfde2236f3a9a1ca47dd93f927c87194f09ac2f

    I've seen some beautiful things along the way, had some adventurous times, and

    ultimately got more than i could have hoped for.

    I hope you are a little proud of me...

    I miss you,

    Ben

    Curious Cat Expedition, 18.04.3305 - 21.06.3305

    https://preview.redd.it/4sk1kpvcma651.png?width=800&format=png&auto=webp&s=884fa0e810c44b0a695e5ac8f2b392a1df0b20dd

    To the people reading this: Thank you for taking your time to read through this, i don't have many people in my life, but

    i wanted to share this with as many as possible.

    submitted by /u/GamingPawz
    [link] [comments]

    Krait in a Planetary ring (chalk)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    I only scoop stars that match my aesthetic.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Carrier Support -- 3DRender - FanArt

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    The moment of no return.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Blue Wing, Standing By!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Can't stop snapping

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Idk which one of you did this, bud I le luled hard af

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Water and fire

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Fleet Carriers need a Passenger menu.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    There's been a big flush of people getting carted around the galaxy by fleet carriers without realizing it. Funny as this is, it's really not something that should be happening, especially to newer players; someone who finds themselves thousands of light years from the bubble might just quit the game.

    Plus, this provides a great opportunity. A Passenger section, where players can set a fee to travel with the Fleet Carrier.

    The default setting will be for players to be ejected from the Fleet Carrier when it jumps. If the player is logged in, it will pop up a query asking if they want to travel with the FC, and if you're in a squad with the owner it will accept automatically, but otherwise the default will to be left behind.

    And if you choose to travel, the FC owner could set a fee for traveling. That way you could easily set up taxi services to and from Colonia, for example; the player docks, opens the Travel menu, and pay the ticket fee if they want to join the carrier, no finnicking with buying specific commodities or anything.

    Thereby making travel services easier AND preventing accidental kidnappings.

    submitted by /u/DemiserofD
    [link] [comments]

    Been playing Elite for a few years now and today I found my first solar eclipse.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Beat my SRV range of 199.7ly

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Knowing they're relatively harmless did not make this any less startling (V616 Monocerotis)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    Elite:Ambience - Docking Bays...Enjoy an hour of ambient sounds from docking bays inside and out of the Bubble.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Okay.... So I worry I'm opening myself up to ridicule because I'm neither a designer nor a carpenter... But here goes....

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    Osiris

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    The worst thing about NPC pirate is the forced loop of shame when they interdict you

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    Escaping an interdiction isn't hard. I've been doing it against FDLs in my T9. But it's a pain in my fucking arse that the IDs always happen when I'm close to the station. I've been doing the fed grind in exphiay/canopus, and one of the stations is 40Kls from arrival. I fly all that way, then get lassoed at 1Kls, forcing me to overshoot the station and do a loop of shame after I escape the interdict. I just had one now where I got pulled at 1Kls, then another at 1.5Mm.

    Why the fuck does the interdictor work based on your speed? It should have a flat range. If you're beyond it, you can't be pulled. Sick of being grabbed from 5Kls away because the pirate is flying at 500C and my station is 2 seconds away from me

    submitted by /u/UnholyDemigod
    [link] [comments]

    Found this great parking spot while exploring.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Dropping bombs

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    FC Nanachi requests fuel assistance.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    As some of you may know, after becoming the first carrier to reach Beagle Point, Nanachi is now on a new adventure to make a trip around the galaxy .

    There is one small problem though. The carrier had fuel for around 25 jumps and is now pretty much stuck, 6000 ly from Beagle and is slowly being refueled by me, mining in a tritium hotspot. The process is painfully slow though and I am at the very start of the adventure.

    So, what I seek now, is assistance from other commanders. If anyone is interested and close enough, the Nanachi offers to buy 22,000 tonnes of tritium for 125,090 each. The requested tonnage may increase if there is enough interest from others.

    Sadly, I can't really offer bigger buy price, since I have limited funds myself.

    If anyone is interested to take this job, the carrier can be found at the last gas giant in the PYROOE EOP EY-F D12-2 system. The carrier will remain here until it gets fuel for at least 40 jumps, or until it gets full if reliable help is found.

    One last note - I do not have shipyard and ship module services installed, so it is highly advised to set course with already outfitted mining ship with good jump range, since the stars here are not close to one another. I do have rearm services, so ateast limpet refills are secured. As for tanker carriers - I advice you to come here only if you have enough fuel for yourself. I would feel bad if someone else gets stuck in this place because of me.

    This is my first grand adventure and possible pioneer act and I will deeply appreciate your help, commanders.

    o7

    submitted by /u/Thelsong
    [link] [comments]

    After two exploration trips to the galaxy's outer rim & quite some time in the Bubble, about to go on my biggest journey so far to the center. Packed my limited cargo with Lavian Brandy as its value increases based on distance from point of purchase. Let's supply the folks at Colonia with a drink.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    According to the Ship Log Uplinks, Squirrel's Nest Bar is set up without docking facilities and they serve customers via service limpets. I hope they are busy refurbishing though, because I wanna go in there for drinks when Odyssey comes out and see that Bar Area they released concept art of.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Me approaching jacksons lighthouse for the first time I've ever used a boost! Was super fun...made a 249ly jump!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment