• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 01, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 01, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 01, 2020)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I think we need a bigger ship..........

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    A planet made entirely of bacon.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Another scale image comparison

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Guess who has two thumbs and just did a 1.5h trip expecting a free ship but instead got taught a valuable lesson instead? This guy!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Fleet Carriers are pretty epic, according to my calculations I might be able to afford one in about ten years

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Can we talk about the extreme income disparity in Elite?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    This is something people bring up all the time, but with our first truly endgame thing finally in the game, I feel like it's worth some renewed focus. With the introduction of Fleet Carriers, the disparity between activities' income is more relevant, and apparent, than ever.

     

    If I have one major problem with Elite at the moment, it's that the only non-exploitative activity capable of the 100m/hr+ income needed to afford fleet carrier in a reasonable amount of time is mining. I wouldn't be complaining if the disparity was 20%, or anywhere close. But the truth is, anything that isn't mining, on the average, earns an order of magnitude less money.

     

    Let's put it into hours of effort. A fleet carrier takes 55-65 hours of gameplay to earn doing regular core LTD or Painite laser mining. It can take considerably less time if you go to the more exploitative mining sites and use specific methods, and then sell for peak pricing using OOG lookup tools. But it's easy enough to find, say, 900k/t for LTDs in a nearby system without resorting to them, which is more than sufficient to meet the ~100m/hr necessary to earn a fleet carrier in the time specified above. In general we're going to look at what an average player can accomplish using methods nominally approved by Frontier.

     

    Exploration can earn you billions of credits, which initially seems okay. However, it earns them over the span of hundreds or thousands of hours. A guy in another post just got back from a year long expedition and earned 3 billion credits. Not bad... until you realize that, were he mining, a couple weeks' work every evening would exceed that and then some.

     

    Put into hours of effort, trading can approach the ~65 hours taken by the average miner, but you will need to track down specific routes using OOG tools to find it. The ingame tools simply aren't up to the task. But Mining takes even better advantage of those same OOG tools. If I'm being generous, trading has the least raw income issues of all the non-mining professions, but I could write a book on the other problems trading has.

     

    Combat, via RES sites, bounty hunting, or even Thargoids? Missions? Piracy? Powerplay? Smuggling?! You will never earn enough to buy a fleet carrier in a remotely sane amount of time invested regardless of how high up the ship ladder you go, doing those. With some of these, you'll struggle to profit at all.

     

    Maybe all things shouldn't be equal, but I don't think it's healthy for the entire community to be so narrowly funneled to one single activity as the only viable way to earn credits at the high end. And while Elite is not all about credits/hr, doing things only for their fun, or the experience, only goes so far. Regardless of what apologists might say, it is not a bad thing for you to feel like your time invested in an activity you enjoy is worth as much as time spent doing something else. This is a game, not a job. Efforts should be rewarded. Income disparity ultimately leads to that nagging feeling that doing anything else is a waste of time, and it really makes Elite feel smaller and more restrictive than it really is.

    submitted by /u/Adaris187
    [link] [comments]

    After 22000 Light years, 14 hours and getting my name on a few systems, i finally made it to Colonia

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Upcoming in-game player-run event. Further announcements to follow.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    After grinding 4 hours a day for a week trying multiple ways, I finally got it... Thanks to all the people on this subreddit for all the help and tips!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    Killed my first Basilisk, and wow, what a view...

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    A week ago, this guy ganked me. Now we're friends & traveling the galaxy in style aboard his FC, the MOAG

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    AGNAINKS EG-Y G1190 - System with 4 Neutron and 1 Black Hole, that's the best I can ever found for now :D And near this system, I discoverd over 20+ undiscovered black hole, could be more waiting you guys to discover!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Okay... I love my Anaconda, but am I the only one who is driven kinda crazy by these exposed wires in the cockpit?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Missions are completely broken.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    Why is this still a thing? missions are pretty fun, yet aside from a few types they are worthless for making money.

    Smuggling missions pay less than normal deliveries, but why? smuggling is pretty fun, but there isnt much point risking the fines when you can do a normal delivery and get paid 5x more. I wouldnt mind slighty less money even, but 5x less is just stupid.

    Then there are the salvage missions. Landing on a planet to retrieve some lost cargo is a cool idea and is fun. But yet again, it doesent pay shit. I have never seen one paying more than 900k

    Wing missions dont pay enough for the amount of cargo you have to carry.

    Conflict zone/war missions offer me 6 million to kill 22 ships for example, yet when i get to a medium conflict zone it takes alot of punishment just to kill one cobra, in comparrison to normal ships.

    Then the spec ops wing rolls in and i spend 5 mins slugging it out with a vulture who already has me at 80% hull before my shields even go down, and when they do go down he shreads me in seconds before i have him at 50% hull. (im in an FDL btw)

    I end up having to fly out of the cz and reboot to get my shields back every 2 kills or so, and I have prismatics.

    So again, that much time just for 6 million isnt worth it.

    Black box missions, fun idea but doesent pay more than 1 mil, in my experience.

    So my question is, why are the most boring and safe activities the most lucrative? Why cant other, more fun activities actually pay a viable amount of credits? Why cant i be rewarded for risky/criminal activities? and why was engineering ever added? now I feel I have to stick to using only one ship because unengineered ships feel like underpowered garbage, and I dont feel like spending tens of hours grinding on each ship just to stand a chance in pvp or conflict zones.

    Sorry for the rant, but every few months i try to come back and enjoy this game, and every time i get frustrated/dissapointed.

    submitted by /u/Mexicola93
    [link] [comments]

    I...yeah I got nothing.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Two interdictions back to back, I didn't even know that was possible

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    My permit is removed!! No...I didn’t mean to, was only jumping to a neighbouring star system and I am still in my crappy original sidewinder. It’s like being thrown into a busy city street with pyjama still on, now what?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Letting some air in

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Almost lost 5 days worth of exploration with 8 ELW and a bunch of WW, but then Frontier support came through!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Made my first trip so Sag A and then proceeded to Colonia, on my way there I had a disconnect during one of my jumps.

    Fine, I said, I will just start up the game and be exploring again in less than a minute. I had been having these disconnects and random crashes but I didn't mind.

    But then I logged in and I was being sucked by a Neutron Star(? I don't remember exactly the type of star), I had fitted my Anaconda for exploration so it was impossible for me to get out of there and I ended up having a catastrophic systems failure. When my canopy broke I logged out and contacted support.

    5 working days later they message me back saying they can get me out of there and even restore my canopy.

    I was super happy.

    Thank you Frontier support and thank you CMDR Dawn!

    With all the mess we are going through with Covid-19 ( I am a co-pilot at Latam Brasil and the company might layoff 30% of us, thankfully I am not in those 30%), it's so good when the little things work out.

    Can't wait to go back to Brazil today and continue my journey.

    Safe travels o7

    submitted by /u/HoltHunter
    [link] [comments]

    Found an Incredible Planet

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Found an Incredible Planet

    3000ly from the bubble, the Canyons here are absolutely stunning, kilometres in depth & just so insanely big.

    System: OUTOTCH BE-R C18-0
    Planet: 1B

    A nice vantage point

    Low depths of the canyons

    Low depths of the canyons

    There's the Scarab for a sense of scale

    Flying through canyons

    Orbit

    submitted by /u/cmdr_koda
    [link] [comments]

    Just started playing, really enjoying it, but apparently my auto-dock has an agenda against Eagles.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Help Fund Operation Spearhead

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    Now thats a view worth dying for.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    Thargoid Lego

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment