• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 12, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 12, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 12, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 12, 2020)

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Made it to the end of Galaxy and it was a hell of a trip.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Why I try to practice mailslot stunts in the green

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Have frontier ever buffed anything?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Notable stellar phenomena: bug-type anomaly

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    I hope you like mining...

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    Who needs LTD hotspots when you can take Lavian Brandy all the way to Sagittarius A* from the Bubble to sell it at Explorer's Anchorage and make an astounding fifty thousand CR pure profit?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    I'd really love to chill here with space legs.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    I am offering 30 Ltd's to any cmdr who destroys cmdr UnforgivenS4INT last seen in the shinrata Dezhra system

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    After many days and hours grinding it’s finally mine. A graded and ready to be engineered. Behold “Valkyrie”

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Flyai Eaescs BG-N d7-10 mining detonation

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Escape velocity

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    I got my dad hooked on Elite about six months ago. I made him this for his 60th birthday. Aluminium print wall decoration with a custom design.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Not just Asps can be in front of things

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Got another good screenshot of one of my ships. This time it's Vampire, my Vulture. Finally got a setup where the power distributor doesn't immediately release all its charge the second I so much as breathe in the general direction of the trigger.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Bought myself a 3d printer only for doing this. More prints to follow ♡

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Good luck out there Commanders!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    Just acquired this beauty. I can't wait to explore the deep reaches of the galaxy! I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, but i think this ship looks good. I haven't named her yet tho, but i think i'll call her the Going Merry.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    After visiting several Black Holes including Sag A

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    PSA: A tool for finding good sources of PVE "Massacre pirates" missions

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Preamble:

    As you know, there are missions to kill a certain amount of pirates in a certain system. The names are usually "Massacre [faction name] pirates" or "Put down [faction name] pirates". They can be solo as well as wing missions.

    There are also other "massacre" missions to kill military ships in conflict zones, and they cannot be stacked, and are outside of scope of this post.

    As some people know, the "Massacre pirates" missions can stack, but only when taken from different minor factions to kill pirates of the same faction. That is, if you take five missions to kill 10 pirates of a certain faction from five different minor factions, you only have to kill 10 pirates to complete them all and get paid for five missions. If you're flying in a wing of 4 and each member has five missions to kill 10 pirates each, and you share them all with each other before turning them in, you get paid for 20 missions after only killing 10 pirates.

    History:

    Commanders have posted about those missions in the past:

    I did quite a few of those, and they are a good source of income and a lot of fun to complete, especially in a wing (which also makes them a lot more lucrative).

    Problem:

    The main problem is it's not very easy to get sufficient amount of missions to the same system, because normally the "target" system is selected randomly from the systems within 10 ly radius that have an "Anarchy" minor faction. These are "pirate factions". So, the minor factions in the "source" system can give "massacre pirates" missions to several different "target" systems, which is not good for stacking.

    I used to take them from Ay Indi, which gives missions to Nanabozho, Arare and Hollatja, and that , naturally, reduced the amount of missions I could stack. Still, it was mucho dinero, since I was allied with every faction in Ay Indi and flew in a wing with fine commanders. This is an important point - you need to be allied to mission-giving minor factions for getting the maximum payouts.

    Solution:

    Recently I came across a thread about bounty hunting and choosing home system by /u/Destrid, and saw this comment by /u/drh713, who paged me by mentioning my username. That was the start, and I'm grateful to both commanders.

    I have selected all populated systems in the main bubble (250 ly from Sol), Colonia bubble, and Maia bubble that have only one system with pirate minor faction within 10 light years radius. Such "source" systems are only able to give "kill pirates" mission to this one "target" system. Whether they have a pirate faction themselves is irrelevant, since the pirate massacre missions are never given to the same system.

    So, I now present a tool for finding good sources of "massacre pirates" missions: https://edtools.cc/pve

    You need to enter the system you're in (Reference System) and the search radius (30-100 ly).

    The resulting data is a list of "source" systems within the radius, and is presented as a table, with the following columns:

    • Distance: distance from the Reference system to a source system
    • System: name of a source system. Can be copied to clipboard by clicking the icon to the left of it. Links to source system's page on eddb
    • L-pad: distance to the closest station with a large landing pad, if any
    • M-pad: distance to the closest outpost with a medium landing pad, if any
    • P-pad: distance to the closest planetary port, if any
    • Fed: number of Federation-aligned minor factions is source system
    • Imp: number of Empire-aligned minor factions is source system
    • All: number of Alliance-aligned minor factions is source system
    • Ind: number of Independent minor factions is source system
    • Target: name of the target system, to which "massacre pirates" missions will be given by minor factions in "source" system. Can be copied to clipboard by clicking the icon to the left of it. Links to target system's page on eddb
    • RES/Rings: If there's information in RES finding tool for target system, then it's a list of RES types presented in it, otherwise the number of ringed planets in the target system, if known. Those rings might have RES, or they might not.

    The tool is in beta-phase, so I'm not linking to it from the edtools navigation yet.

    Suggestions are welcome.

    Happy hunting!

    o7

    submitted by /u/cold-n-sour
    [link] [comments]

    Nope not quite

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    New player enjoying it so much!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Here we are, I just closed the game after a 10 hours session... This game is a blast. I know, I know, there must be hundreds of posts like mine, but I had to talk about this, because it makes me so damn happy!

    I own ED since 2015 but I only played like 4 hours before going "nope, this is way to hard, I understand absolutely nothing, I'm off" and I never touched it again before today, in 2020.

    What made me change my opinion? Well, this subreddit, internet, all this stuff... But also the fact that I own an Oculus Rift S since December and that I'm loving VR, and this game has been recommended to me loads of times.

    So I decided to give it a try, I bought an entry level HOTAS (the Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, and for the price it's amazing) because I only had a joystick from microsoft sold in 1995 with flight simulator (Pro Precision, I think?), and launched the game for the first time this morning.

    Boom. What a blast. This game, is an absolute experience in VR. I played a bit without the headset (and it was still super cool), but this feels so different in VR!

    I was able to do some missions (only the deliver data or bring X materials to X place) and even buy myself a Cobra MKIII, I'm really proud of this! I changed my HUD colors, I love them (even if now I clearly can't recognize anything on the radar, but that was already the case before haha)

    I have so much to learn, but I enjoy doing what I want! I'm still in the newbie zone, I'm a bit afraid of going out since I'm only playing in multiplayer mode, and there's like so much things I don't understand/know...

    I also plan to buy the Horizon DLC once I'll be able to save some money, but probably in a while.

    I must admit it's still a super hard game(trading, mining, combat, and even exploring looks hard to me, I don't even know how I'm supposed to gain money/ranks from exploring...), I'm really afraid of fighting, and I'm still trying to understand which buttons does what (I can enable features that I don't even know what's their purpose) on my joystick haha, but it's fun!

    So thank you guys for this, for real, it's been a while since I enjoyed playing a game this much!

    submitted by /u/Zyrophr
    [link] [comments]

    I visited Shrogea MH-V e2-1763 on my way to Sagittarius A* and I must say it had more of an impression on me visually than the big one in the centre. I highly recommend this place for explorers, I was barely able to leave it behind.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    ‘Vette in front of things

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Since I got out of the hospital, VR has made me dizzy. Decided I needed to upgrade my desk cockpit instead then! ��

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment