• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 14, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 14, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 14, 2020)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the boys manually docking after running out of fuel in ED: Odyssey

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Thank you u/beef1213 for designing this awesome Lego Sidewinder!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    Took 2.5 years, but I finally got it.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    I got an Anaconda!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    finally finished the corvette (12 hours print)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Not filtering by star type be like

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    I named her Heavy Metal Queen. Taking her on a long run to Colonia

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Inner Orion Network Announcement and Submission Thread

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Inner Orion Network Announcement and Submission Thread

    o7 Commanders.

    I'll get right to it.

    This is ION.

    ION is a VR based Galnet replacement service I developed, essentially over the last weekend.

    (And yes, she is VR. Click and drag the video screen to move around, "+" and "-" to zoom in and out.)

    https://i.redd.it/kvbw2bletta51.gif

    Episode 1 is already up, by the way.

    I made this for a couple reasons.

    Namely, because narrative is important. Especially in a place like Elite. (It's one of the major reasons I'm not playing it anymore) The galaxy needs stories.

    But...

    Galnet wasn't really the right answer either.

    I championed, very loudly, that I thought Galnet was bad because none of the information in it was linked to anything in the game world.

    I stand by that.

    Ultimately, I believe Galnet should have been about involving it's community.

    And I, probably foolishly, believed they would switch out the fluff pieces for ones that players could participate in (or write), and thereby have engagement which could be remembered. It would give Commanders a chance for their work to be seen.

    As I'm typing this out, I realize now that was never going to happen.

    But when they did finally, effectively, kill Galnet. I spoke at length on a stream with several other creators, and over a thousand people listening, that this is how you replace Galnet.

    I waited for 6 months.

    Nobody did.

    I'm tired of waiting.

    So I've made it myself. (With some help on the name from Orange Spark and Twitter)

    I want to hear your stories. I want to know what your Commander is doing, what your player group is doing, and what you see happening around you.

    Tell me a story, and I will give you a voice.

    It doesn't even have to be true, if it's good enough! :-D

    I don't mind fluff pieces that we can't interact with, as long as a Commander was the one who wrote it.

    I want a place where what we do, matters. A service that provides actual news and stories from players.

    One that you can actually participate in.

    I'm making a better Galnet.

    ____

    So! Once a week, I'll put up one of these submissions threads on the Elite Dangerous subreddit. (At least until they kick me out, and I have to get my own subreddit)

    You leave a comment with your article submission, we'll read them, and I'll let you know if we use them.

    Submission Guidelines:

    - First line should be "SUBMISSION" in all caps. So I can find it when I look through the thread. Please and thank you.

    - Between 100-300 words

    - Third person only please, unless you've got something really creative that can only be done in first.

    - Be creative.

    ____

    And look, obviously this isn't fully grown yet. If you have ideas for how to make it better, I promise to read them with only mild defensiveness, and more of an open mind. If you'd like to help out, let me know what you can bring to the table, and I just might say yes. (There's also a Patreon if you have no writing talent and just want to tune in)

    I really do look forward to hearing from you.

    Fly Smarter, Commanders.

    submitted by /u/The_Pilot_
    [link] [comments]

    The tension in this photo

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Just finished the starting tutorial and I'm already in love with this game! I can't wait to get my journey started! Any tips for a new player?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Upgraded to the Victory class for the reserved docking pad.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    [Serious] Incase you didn't know, there's now only *7* damaged stations left to repair from the Thargoid attacks.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Last night pilots from Operation IDA, with the aid of numerous fleet carriers managed to complete repairs of Vries Terminal in Garongxians, it'll flip back to fully operational status on Thursday during maintainence.

    They're now in the process of fixing Rennie Dock in HIP 2843, it'll be very close as to if we'll finish around the maintainence on Thargsday (it would be nice if we did).

    At the current rate of repair, Operation IDA projects that all currently damaged stations will be fixed in the next 2-3 weeks.

    If you wanna lend a hand, drop over to the Operation IDA discord, and say hi. If you're lucky you might find out more details about an Operation IDA event, curretly being planned, to celebrate the fixing of all the stations.

    Fly safe commanders. o7

    submitted by /u/An0n-E-M0use
    [link] [comments]

    Mk2

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Lego Anaconda I built.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Fairly new player (about two months—but only able to play 4-5 hours per week), so this makes me very, very happy! Loving this game!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    This game is amazing.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    I lost my Corvette, this is why I am forever loyal to Frontier

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    Some ruminations about the absence of Galnet and Community Goals

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    (TLDR: I'm sad about galnet being gone and I'm sad about community goals being gone, and I hope someone from FDev reads this and sheds a tear and makes an impassioned plea in front of the whole ED team to bring them back).

    I was going to leave a comment on the latest ObsidianAnt video but it started getting too long so I thought I'd write this here. Hearing the news that there are STILL no plans to bring back community goals or Galnet, I started thinking back on how valuable (and essential imo) those two things have been to the game for me. This isn't anything that hasn't already been said by many others elsewhere, and I know not everyone will relate to this but I just feel like articulating my thoughts and throwing my two cents out anyway.

    My first few years playing ED I absolutely LOVED Galnet. I was 100% invested during the time when Professor Palin was on the run trying to conduct research on the Unknown Artefacts while some shady group continued to hunt him down, trash his lab, even kidnap him at one point if I remember correctly. This was also around the time when Jasmina Halsey disappeared and later reappeared with tales of strange entities somewhere out there. Not long after that Jacques made his historic jump across the galaxy only to reappear in a random nebula just a short jaunt from Sag A*. I remember how excited I was when he was found because I was maybe only a thousand lys away from him, so I made a beeline for his system and in the following weeks did long hauls between his new home system and the bubble to help repair his station. These are just a few early examples of stories that got me really excited to play this game.

    Even though I never SAW Jacques jump, I never witnessed his mysterious and tumultuous exit from witchspace, I never SAW Starship One explode, I never SAW Professor Palin heading out for his new secret lab and being taken over by mysterious strangers ... It was still HAPPENING. We got to make the discoveries that would lead to the setup, we got to witness the consequences, we got to work together through community goals to get answers or affect outcomes, and we got to read about everything in between on Galnet. Even when we couldn't engage in events, we were given characters to side with/against, context for events/locations in the game, and a sense that there were actually things happening in this galaxy that we fly around in.

    Over time I started paying attention less. Player-submitted articles were canned. The Thargoid storyline was built up to the heavens, plopped in front of us and then neglected. Story threads would be introduced in galnet, teased out over some weeks, then resolved in galnet. Soon enough most galnet stories were completely disconnected from the actual game. And now it's just gone and the galaxy feels like its actually just a video game, actually just an impressive simulation of the galaxy with a bunch of things I can play with and look at, and not a sci-fi world that I get to be a part of.

    I love this game, and honestly the flight model is what has kept me playing for five years. Now I play ED whenever I feel like flying a spaceship or hurling my SRV through the air around little moons because both of those things are extremely fun to me. I thoroughly enjoy mining, exploration, combat, doing missions, running from pirates, griefers, trigger happy non-consensual PVPers, I love finding interesting worlds, flying around all sorts of installations, alien bases, abandoned settlements - but sadly, long gone is the attachment I felt to the world of ED and my CMDR's place in it and the feeling of being compelled to play the game for its unique approach to narrative. I'm excited for the things to come, but I have little hope that the great story moments of Elite Dangerous will ever make a return.

    P.S. Drew Wagar wrote a book based on the first three years or so of this game. Can you imagine trying to make a book out of the events of the last three years???

    submitted by /u/picklepartner99
    [link] [comments]

    <From: CMDR Han Solo> Hey, fellas, there's something important to imprint on your stupid brains.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    Providing close air support as the ancients awake

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    Horizons

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    This system look familiar to anyone?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    I did a wetwork job for a maiden voyage in my krait. I docked at a nearby station and this is the number I got

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    Backlight (Schaikaei XJ-H d10-1)

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Took a 5K ly trip into the black - this is one of my favorite shots along the way.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment