• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 19, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 19, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 19, 2020)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Saying Goodbye to California Nebula while heading further out

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    Falling asleep..."Just one more jump." Glad I did.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Now all the ships in the wiki have a color-coded pic of the hardpoints convergence

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    I finally took the time to finish this little project of mine. Now the Overview section of each ship page in the wiki has a screen of the cockpit where the hardpoints markers (dots) are color-coded depending their class (small, medium, etc..). Here is an example of the Anaconda page, you can find the picture halfway through the overview section.

    Checking the hardpoints convergence is particularly useful for combat ships. I was tired of having to look for that info around every time I was thinking of a new build. So I bought every ship in the game(*), took a pic, edited it a bit, and put it on the wiki page (with the greenlight of the wiki mods).

    You'll notice that some pics have a lighter blue color for the medium hardpoints. This is because I found that a lighter blue was more visible against the black of the space when I did half of the ships already. I'll update the old pics in the following days to keep them more consistent.

    Hope this will be useful to someone else as well.

    Things I learnt along the way:

    • Adder is a very nice tiny ship, with nice animations for the hardpoints. Too bad for the off-centered seat position.
    • For me the Beluga Liner has arguably the best looking cockpit in the game. Also, if FD ever implement visible/visitable internals, this is the ship I'd want to check out first.
    • I heard that the Mamba convergence was...well suboptimal compared to the Fer-de-lance, but I didn't expect it was that different (mamba vs fdl)
    • The Type-7 has arguably the most awkward hardpoints convergence in the game.
    • In terms of meme potential, the Type-10 is a sight to behold

    I'm closing this with the big 3 compared: Anaconda, Federal Corvette and Imperial Cutter.

    Please let me know if you spot any inconsistencies or errors.

    (*) I couldn't take a pic of the Cobra Mk4 because I can't buy it. It should be the sole ship missing there. Thanks to CMDR Insane4un I now have a Cobra Mk IV pic. I will upload it in the following days.

    Edit: I've uploaded a new type of images where each hardpoint class is both colour and shape coded. For now you can see the new format on the Corvette and Cobra Mk IV pages. If the feedback will be positive, I'll replace all the images in the new format in the following days. Here is a direct link to the two images.

    submitted by /u/Silyus
    [link] [comments]

    I know FC names are old hat but I loved this one.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Requesting docking at Treat Orbital

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    Many Cmdrs are making background images for phones so I thought I would share one. Shot taken near Spirograph. I cropped from monitor format so not sure I landed on the correct aspect ratio. Remember, don't stare at the eclipse without eye protection. :)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Pulsars are absolutely breathtaking! Used this one to supercharge my FSD for the first time and she managed a 275 Ly jump with ease.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Despite what haters say, I love fleet carriers.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Venus, you pretty.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    New baby , Krait MK2. Fighter bay time

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Best landing in the whole galaxy

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    A WIP Ya'll Might Be Interested In

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    Keeping warm far away from home. o7

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    It happened

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    2 days ago i bought this game being pretty sceptical, i played it for a couple of ours and had a lot of trouble with the controle and the numerous menu's...

    Started it up today again, and just started (no pun intended) winging it. Controle make sense now and menu's too, doing bounties is not as difficult.

    It really is like once you get it, it will become easier.

    Beautiful game ❤️

    submitted by /u/BaloonSaloon6
    [link] [comments]

    Still patrolling alone DECIAT fighting WANTED perps,so new CMDRS have less to worry about in Supercruise...Big ships,great music,a pinch of salt,magazine covers and our blue haired princess Aisling is there.Do you need more?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    After a one on one fight with another Anaconda

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    hmm yes, flower boi

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Waiting on clearance for landing

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    Black Friday Diamond Panic of July 17th, 3306

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    How the hell did this happen? I'm in ruins now! I was so close to buying an FC, but I made a risky trade on Thursday and now the market is in ruins! I've had to sell off 6 of my Anacondas just to be able to offset the losses from my trade. The economy is in ruins!

    submitted by /u/RepresentativeMood50
    [link] [comments]

    So... What's this and how do I get one? Sorry if it's a full on noob question.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    On my way to Colonia and decided to take a detour to this nebula. Hope you enjoy Skaudai AA-A H71 as much as I did!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Just taking my Probe sightseeing :)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Jackson's Lighthouse.. The best friend of long distance travelers everywhere.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    A friend and I deep in the thick of the Cat's Paw Nebula, 5679 LY from the bubble. (Unlocking a couple engineers that require you to go 5k LY from Start.)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment