• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 24, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 24, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 24, 2020)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought my first new ship!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    It’s criminal how little use all these unique installations have..

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    I feel like an idiot

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    So i saw a video on YouTube, and i thought it was quite cool.

    So yeah. I fell for The Anaconda Prank

    Edit: thank you guys for being kind and funny with your comments, i now understand the joke about Mugs too. I hope to see you all out in the bubble one day.

    submitted by /u/UltraSwat
    [link] [comments]

    Soon to get me free Conda, wheeeee!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Who said SRV can't fly?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    I am going to miss parking my butt in the public stalls there. o7 Space Applebee's.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    Limpet Bizkit.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    Last star before Colonia. o7 cmdr. Finally made it.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Smokey and the Bandit. ��

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    "Thor's Eye" - what a place!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Departure from Planet Bubblegum

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    SpaceX Mars Landing : ByBimmers

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Make it to my first nebula!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    4.0.3 - Elite Dangerous Market Connector Release

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Release 4.0.3

    NB: Anyone who installed a 4.0.3-rcX release candidate version should first uninstall it before installing this.
    Your settings are safe, they're in either the Registry on Windows, or in a file outside the install location on other OSes.
    Your third-party plugins should also be safe, because you placed them in e.g. %LOCALAPPDATA%\EDMarketConnector\plugins
    , not in the installation plugins folder, didn't you ?

    This release contains fixes for a handful of bugs in 4.0.2.0, as well as a switch to full Semantic Version strings.

    • Switch to Semantic Version strings.

      • As part of this the version check with EDMC.exe -v
        might now show some exception/error output if it fails to download and parse the appcast file. The string it shows, new version available or not, should be the same format as previously.
    • Fix for bug #616 - EDMC Not Showing "Station" after Update. This was caused by changes to the EDDB plugin inadvertently no longer maintaining some state that it turned out the Inara plugin was depending on.

      • Inara plugin is now using direct URLs for System and Station links. It no longer relies on you having entered an Inara API Key.
      • All three 'provider' plugins (EDDB, EDSM, Inara) should now be using the same logic for when they update and what they display.
      • If you Request Docking, whether the request succeeds or not, the station name will now show and be clickable.
      • If you Undock, Supercruise away or FSDJump away then any station name will be replaced with a ×
        (multiply) character. As with unpopulated systems clicking this will take you either to the system page, or to a list of stations in the system (depending on provider used).
    • A fix for ships without a player-set name using a single
      (space character) as their name in the UI, instead of the ship model name.
      See #614 - Ship is not displaying but IS hotlinked.

    • A fix for some file paths on Linux not understanding ~
      as "my home directory". this should help anyone setting up on linux.
      See #486 - Some info about running on Manjaro.

    • A new option to use an alternate method of opening a URL for shipyard links. It's called 'Use alternate URL method' and is located in the 'File' > 'Settings' dialogue on the 'Configuration' tab, next to the dropdown used to choose shipyard provider. If your setup results in coriolis.io or edsy.org saying they can't load your build then try toggling this on.
      This method writes a small .html file, %LOCALAPPDATA%\EDMarketConnector\shipyard.html
      (or other-OS equivalent location), and directs your browser to open that. The file contains a meta refresh redirect to the URL for your build on your chosen shipyard provider. The file is not deleted after use, so you can also use this as "let's re-open that last build" facility even without EDMC running.
      Please let us know if this doesn't work for you! Anti-Virus or Software Firewalls might object to the "open .html file, and then it redirects" workaround.
      See #617 - Ship load out link error.

    • Translations updated:

      • New phrases were added and the only 100% translated languages are now: Czech, Finnish, German, Italian, Japanese, Portugese (Brazil), Russian, Serbian (Latin), Serbian (Latin, Bosnia and Herzegovina).
      • Thank you translators! Please do contribute on the OneSkyApp project if you are able to.
    submitted by /u/Suisanahta
    [link] [comments]

    I have been baptized in fire ... a hail of gunfire.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    TL;DR: pvp happens

    I'm a happy little brand new Commander. o7

    Bounced around the Pilot's Federation area doing courier missions until I could afford to trade in that ugly Sidewinder. 'Of course,' I thought, 'Open Play,' and I was right. It was neat to see other real people going about their missions. Finally upgraded to my Diamondback Scout, took my 100k credits to nope outta there, and headed for the edge of the bubble. Exploration is for me, I figured, and I was very right. 500k credits just for the data I collected getting to the edge of the bubble.

    I ventured into the black, and back, and in six hours I had collected another 2.5 million in data. Wow, this is awesome. And I like the look of that Dolphin, so let's try some passenger missions. Not as much fun, and after one frustrating taxi job, I stored the Dolphin and got back in my Scout. Felt great.

    Hmm, who's this person that sent me a message. A little research turned up that she was an engineer that could make my FSD jump further. That's what I need! Plot a course for Kuhn and get to jumping.

    After a long journey, it felt great to finally drop into Kuhn. I opened the system map. Wow! That's a lot of carriers. And look at the names ... these must be player carriers. I set a course for Far Sight, and let cruise control take over. One of the carriers kept popping in and out of my reticle, displaying the name. MOTHER_OF_ALL_GANKS.

    Oh, that does not bode well for me. I'm so bad at combat, I sold all the weapons off my ship. But I'm just a lowly noob. What interest could he have? There's nothing of value on my boat. He must be pvp'ing with all those other players. I'll just slide in and out, and no one will know I'm here.

    When the interdiction began, I thought, "Well, sir, I'll have you know that no less than 25 pirates have tried and failed to interdi...what the hell?!?"

    1 second later, shields down, hull integrity critical. Mad panic ensued. Do I bolt? Do I duck and weave? 1 second later, BOOM. You have been killed by CMDR ACOWFORALLSEASONS.

    Even his avatar looks like a psychopath. 135,000 credit lesson in "I shall play solo for now..."

    submitted by /u/vinbrained
    [link] [comments]

    "Captain, would you join me for some tea and watch the sunrise?"

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    It’s my carrier... I’ll park where I want!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Atmospheric moment

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    After Starting Elite Recently, I Finally Made it to Sagittarius A*! What a Journey It's Been...

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    Tried something new last night (for me)..

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    I've been running simple courier and delivery missions in my humble Adder for the last 40 hours or so. Has a few adventures, messed around with some mining, few easy pirate mission, touch of exploring and mostly just trying not to die. I decided to try some trade/resource delivery stuff (commodities), so I rigged my Adder for as much cargo as I could (22 tons). I stored my weapons and shields and loaded up as many cargo racks as I could. Yeah, I know 22 tons ain't much, but to me it's like starting a delivery business with a 1/2 ton pickup instead of a semi truck...so, yeah, slowly earning my way. Once I left Whitson Hub with my load of superconductors and started my warp to Dahan, Nelson Works, it dawned on me that I'm for the most part completely venerable to almost anything. Jumping to a system, I've got zero protection from the star. My first delivery was to a planet and I was scared to death of screwing up and cratering myself on the surface, particularly when you're approaching from the dark side and can't see anything.

    This game scares the hell out of me (I play in VR) and it's awesome.

    Just wanted to share as really no one in my household really cares about my "gaming stuff".

    submitted by /u/mtbiker70
    [link] [comments]

    Nobody sneeze (encore)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    And I did it and reached BeaglePoint! Next: Semotus Beacon

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Me and a friend stopped by the lagoon nebula on our way back to the bubble. Definitely worth it.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    MAGELLAN'S PUB, the best places to drink a pint Of GUINNESS

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment