• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 25, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 25, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 25, 2020)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Throwback to when planets like this were supposed to become landable in beyond, and never did

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Ok who did this?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    The Pilot's Federation sent me over a new sticker!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    You’ve been scrolling for awhile, here’s a nice A class star to scoop some fuel from :)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Just lazy Saturday;)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    Nice view...

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    200 Neutron stars later, I arrived

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    The Life Aquatic

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    My Conda after a 25K LY exploration journey

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I love landing on the terminator.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Here's a drawing of the wreck in Luchtaine, Colonia. I chatted to CMDR Wotherspoon (of Galnet News Digest) about it here - youtu.be/WlA3UEFzjP0

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    Star density travelling to Sag A is amazing. I’m completely blown away. I should have left the bubble years ago.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    After a year of playing, I finally made Triple Elite after completing Combat Elite a few hours ago. This is my first Combat Elite in all the Elite games; in both the original 1984 game and the Oolite remake, I got as far as Dangerous.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    Felt cute, might delete later

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    This was the best moment for me in Elite

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Did I?? Guess I better head back to check it out. See you in the black CMDRs o7

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Was doing some engineer-material gathering and decided to take a shot of this view, I am feeling a particular emotion that i have never felt before, I just don't know what it is..., This game is absolutely remarkable and stunning. Keep on exploring commanders o7

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Finally got round to unlocking some guardian tech

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    I'm the biggest idiot ever

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    So after hours of panite mining I finally had enough to buy a conda, I was super excited and had fun flying it, was a new experience for me and It felt good. After outfitting it for mining I was left with only 200k far away from meeting the rebuy witch was around 8mil. Hungry to make some more credits I started a wing mission with my friend, delivering some cargo. All was going good and was on my 3rd round trip, after exiting the station where I loaded the cargo I realized I haven't planned the route so I go into the nav panel and into the galaxy map but what I realize as I enter the universal map is that my trothle is half on and I'm heading right for the station the ship was not moving that fast, and I thought the station was just far enough so I could avoid the collision after planning the route. It only took like 5 secs to plan the route, when I wanted to exit I heard a proximity warning with an impact warning. At that moment I knew I was screwed but I had shields so I thought that the impact wasn't that bad. I exit out of the nav panel next thing I see is my ship on fire all systems down ship explodes no rebuy, back to sidewinder. I'm in shock, my friend is in shock and he just can't belive I was flying without rebuy. The ship that I worked for so many hours destroyed in 30 mins.

    Don't be dumb like me commanders! Always fly with rebuy and plan your route before launching, I learned it the hard way. Sorry for any errors this is my first reddit post! o7 commanders!

    submitted by /u/ReVeRsEcArDNoU2006
    [link] [comments]

    Isn't VY Canis Majoris supposed to be really big?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    Thank you to the Carrier Endurance I bumped into on the way to colonia. Great rest stop in this nebula.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Pulled over to smell the roses on the way to the core. This game is staggeringly beautiful.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    I know I can squeeze by. Everyone breath in.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Now that Fleet Carriers are in the mix...

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    After seeing opinions and comments on seemingly abandoned mid construction stations. A thought occurred to me that I think has potential as a string of updates and potential player interaction.

    1. Add an ability for a a fleet carrier to host an event.

    By this I mean, similar to the various things in Galnet, but player created. And there would be both limits and requirements placed on hosting the event. Such as, it has to take place in a system that is not hosting other fleet carriers. This is to prevent commanders from flooding popular mining or grinding spots with multiple events. Also if an event is hosted by a fleet carrier, that carrier is not moving for at least a month or the duration of the event. Again this is to make a commander think twice about committing to hosting an event. These are just two requirement ideas.

    Now event ideas

    A discovered mining hot spot: A system with a particularly juicy hot spot was discovered and miners were needed to make use of it. Over the month that fleet carrier is potentially going to be filled up multiple times if not daily. So traders would be needed to come in and buy the ore(s) to then trade.

    This leads into the second event idea of a fleet carrier acting as a temporary orbital station for a terraforming operation. The fleet carrier would again have to be in a system alone. The system would have to have a planet that has terraformable conditions. As you can guess the carrier is going to act as a temporary base while the initial terraforming base is built on the planet. This could be stretched out by station size since it would take time to build that base and it would either end up with a fleet carrier sitting in orbit multiple months or have the potential for other fleet carriers to take their place. Since a fleet carrier owner might not want to be tied to a single system multiple months.

    Similar events could be activated for combat hot spots such as for systems that two squadron factions want to expand into. Both would drop fleet carriers into the contested system and let them have at it. With the fleet carriers being protected from destruction. This while a great idea play wise is asking a bit much for a player to put their fleet carrier on the line of potential destruction. Course if they gave the squadron the ability to "commission" a NPC fleet carrier for the event, then further combat strikes open up.

    Similar to the terraforming station idea would be setting up the core of a potential new system station. Again with the trade and mining tie-ins to get it built. I know game lore probably has the station cores being built and jumped to systems. But we didn't have fleet carriers then. Make it so the energy core of the station has be to jumped into place by a fleet carrier and the rest built. As above the end station size can determine the duration of the event.

    A trade driven event. One or two fleet carriers jump into white dwarf or pulsar systems to act as trade houses between those that like riding the neutron trail and those that aren't interested.

    That's just a few idea examples.

    I don't even begin to understand the amount of database infrastructure that would be involved in creating the new station/base/outpost content. Ultimately the all driving real world money would be the driving limiting factor.

    Even while writing this I can see potential for expansion of the bubble by players attempting to create a road between the bubble and Colonia.

    1. Lead into the ability for player created stations and or events.

    The fleet carrier events could work as sounding boards to find potential interesting locations for stations.

    Some of these fleet carrier events could already be happening on a smaller scale right now.

    For the rest of the bubble with squadron controlled systems. Allow the squadron to host events at the stations they already have in their controlled systems.

    ----

    Now I suggested these ideas as "fixed" events. I mean as there are only a few select types of events run on FC's or stations. And I realize that this as the potential of a Galnet feed that could run for 24 hours and never repeat an article. Just by posting player created events. I'm throwing this whole idea open for discussion.

    submitted by /u/Stonegrift
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment