• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 08, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 08, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (July 08, 2020)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just got an anaconda

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    PO-TAY-TOE!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Last night at half past midnight I was pulled out of Witch space for the first time. The sounds in this game are incredible and also terrifying.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    So this Imperial Navy stop was terrifying. He apologized for ramming my ship on accident. I’m fairly new so I didn’t understand what was happening at all

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Throwback to when the game dumped me into an unrecoverable neutron cone, 18K LY from home.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    Me severely struggling to land in an FDL.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    Update: The Gank Sir Ganksalot Challenge bounty is now at 326 LTD's

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Thye should just rename the game 'Elite Screenshot'

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    After hours of grinding I finally got my first elite!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    Thank you FuelRats and CMDR Vogan Inferious for rescuing me

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    I found a single system blue nebula on my way to the center. Thought I would share!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Completed Elite in Exploration and Trade. Now the Krait Mk II, Gom Jabbar, is off to commit wholesale genocide across known space.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    My new playing friend asked how small is his sidewinder was in comparison to my type 9, I don’t think he realised just how small it was. Lol

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    FNS Sunbolt on station

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    Finally got my 'conda, testing out the fighters with my buddy.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    My first black hole. Honestly teared up.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Don’t sleep on Shock Cannons!!! (David vs Goliath story)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    Last might I started a new career path as a Viper MkIII assassin, and got myself some medium shock cannons. I took my first assassination contract thinking I would be hunting something like a Federal Assault Ship, but it ended up being a deadly Federal Corvette!!!

    When I jumped into the mission target area and saw that ship my first instinct was to run, but I forced myself to stand and fight. He had at least 3-4 turreted weapons which made it even harder, as they would hit me even when I was behind him.

    The dogfight lasted 2 rounds, the first one was me getting him to 7% hull and running out of chaff/ammo (the main downside to the weapons, so only shoot when you know you will hit HULL) and my Viper was at 2% hull.

    I jumped to the nearest starport and prepped for round two, I was determined to christen my ship with a Vette kill.

    I jumped back to the mission target, this time with the knowledge I needed to take this terrorist down. We were both back at full health and restocked, it was on.

    I put myself in a perfect (and I mean perfect) orbit around him. Not a single shot from him and I took down his shields, he used all his cell banks, and all his chaff. This was looking good. I got his shields down and his hull to around 40% by the time his shields were up again, these shock cannons really put in some work. I took his shields down again and got him to 10% hull before system authority showed up, but they barely did anything to him.

    I finished him off with my shields only going down once that fight and my hull at 99%, with a nice 343,000 credit bounty as the cherry on top.

    Long story short, do not underestimate the power of a small ship using shock cannons, they can fight way out of their weight class.

    o7 CMDRS, thanks for listening to my awesome experience :)

    submitted by /u/Dolphin_TV
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you to the DSSA Artemis Rest for the pit stop and a hell of a view!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    My ‘Conda before and after a recent mining expedition.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Not as far from home as I thought I'd have to go to get my name on a Star but hey I did it CMDR'S

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    After a 6 month hiatus, I’m back! (Excuse the mess)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    A fond farewell to my Anaconda

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Story time, commanders!

    I recently reached Elite in exploration by finally making my way to the centre of the galaxy, and ultimately re-settled in Colonia. I even coughed up hundreds of millions of credits to relocate my fleet there from the bubble, with the hopes of staying in the Colonia region. After a while though I was thinking of heading back, and had started stripping down ships I wasn't using anymore to sell off, while getting ready to move all over again.

    Then I got jumped by a rather strong NPC pirate flying a type 10. I was actually doing quite well against them, but my anaconda was configured for trade, not combat. Then the NPC thought it would be a great idea to do the whole ramming-speed thing, and we both exploded.

    So there I was at the rebuy screen for the first time in a long while, when I saw an opportunity! I could rebuy my barely engineered anaconda, or I could take the free sidewinder & respawn back in the bubble. Long story short, I'm back home and it cost way less than moving the anaconda all over again. Maybe I'll re-buy it and build it all over again, but for now I think I'm going to do some local Tritium trading, and work on Empire ranks. I think my next big ship will be a cutter. :) Wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/Tombfyre
    [link] [comments]

    Little update from my first long exploration journey, currently 20k+ Ly away from home, somewhere in Vulcan Gate. I have a feeling, that someone is watching me...

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    The view is stunning!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment