• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 11, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 11, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 11, 2020)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My humble little station. o7 Commanders!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    They should just rename the game "Wallpaper Generator Pro"

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Soiled my pants today.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    I finally got my Krait Phantom exploration ship to look the way I want

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    A perfect example of why I prefer exploration

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    trippy black hole lens effect with Nebulas

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    You wandered into the wrong neighborhood, sunny boy.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Black in Green

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Somewhere out there in the vast nothingness of space. Somewhere far away in space and time. Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky. I'm marooned on a small planet, unable to escape ; cause I forgot a fuel scoop.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Ran into this beautiful neutron star on my way back to the bubble. My dirty glass makes it seem to be painted.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Like a better version of the northern lights

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    The Hammer... how would you outfit her for combat?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    The Orbital Stockade Has Some Rather Jarring Messages for Criminals....

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Went to Maia for the Meta-Alloy but decided to stop by Obsidian Orbital to see if outfitting was available and thought of Obsidian Ant. Took me by surprise hearing his voice in the station��

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    New CMDR & I just created an Inara account - Wow!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    As the title states, I just started playing the game about a week or so ago. I knew about Inara but had not created a profile until today. I imported my Steam profile info and....wow! This is the best web-based game assistance tool I have EVER seen. I am thoroughly impressed. Just being able to see stats outside of the game is great enough. But this is a whole new level of awesome.

    Anyway, just wanted to share that I am pretty impressed by this game, the community and the passion that has gone into developing tools that help everyone have a better experience. EDDB, Inara, the Miner's Tool, Road 2 Riches, etc. I love it!

    P.S. I should be purchasing my Asp Explorer mining rig this evening so I can make some real space cheddar!

    submitted by /u/Texas_Moto_Maniac
    [link] [comments]

    The closest ive been to calling the Fuel Rats... This is how i arrived at my fuel star

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    Far from home

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Mint

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    It's so weird to not see any stars left in front of you. When was the first time you ran out of stars?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    My opinion in a nutshell about the freqent negative comments about Odyssey

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Any questions for the devs about Odyssey?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Hi folks, I'll have the chance to interview the developers later today. Anything you're particularly itching to learn about Odyssey?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Kaladinar
    [link] [comments]

    My preciousssss....

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Make engineering better initiative (MEBI)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Greetings Commanders, I am writing this to ask for your help you guys are seriously awesome and I am sure you can help! So give me a bit off your time. (If you are short on time TLDR; at the bottom and thank you for stopping by)

    Backstory

    A little introduction I've been playing elite for about 2 months. I picked up the game during a sale and I fell in love , I clocked in about 320 hours to date. I love a lot about this game but I am starting to equally hate a lot (mainly engineering). I also have the sneaking suspicion that many of you do too !

    I will try to keep this post as short and to the point as possible. Also, I want to emphasize that everything I say is with utmost respect to the developers and community and in no way meant to offend or be inflammatory.

    The problem

    In my humble opinion, Engineering is a massive grind and totally unbalanced/broken but It is also fun and provides a sort of meaningful progression.

    Moreover, Frontier developments got their hands full with odyssey at the moment and given that I have basically zero knowledge about the inner workings of the company. But the state of the live game reflects a game on a skeleton crew/ life support/minimal support whatever you like to call it.

    I want to play the game and have fun and try new , varied and fun builds in PVP/ PVE. I want to become a better pilot and learn to fly with FA off or not suck with Plasma accelerators. Basically, just have meaningful and rewarding game play that keeps me engaged through personal improvement or community engagement but I am always roadblocked by the game's true final boss ENGINEERING GRIND. As a result, I am starting to dread logging into the game.

    Proposed solution

    Decrease the number of rolls for all grades of engineering needed by 33%.

    For example instead of G1-G5 taking Z rolls just have it be Z - (Z x 0.33)

    Reasoning

    In my opinion, I think this is a small change that would not strain the developers and won't take massive development time to implement but would be a noticeable QoL improvement to the players. It can be a short term solution that may on the long run convince the developers to have an in-depth look in balancing this major game play aspect. Maybe, with odyssey that is what is happening but that's at least 6 months away.

    Proposed Plan of Action

    Alone, I am nothing more than a random CMDR on the internet with a Reddit post. But, together united as a community we can be a voice for change and improvement. From what I read it happened before and it sure can happen again.

    I am unsure on what is the best way to reach out to the developers. But, I know for sure I will need the help of as many commanders as possible to spread the word.

    If you are a community creator help spread the word to your followers. If you are in a discord server spread the word. If you are a squadron leader spread the word. If you have friends in game spread the word. If you are a Reddit user spread the word. If you are a community manager or developer help us have Fun.

    Appreciation

    I would like to use this space to thank the community of CMDRs for their amazing support to new players (special thanks to the new pilots initiative). Thank you to all the 3rd party developers who make the game easier/ better to play. Thank you to all the community creators who devote time to educate/entertain. Thank you to all the developers/community managers who help make and maintain an amazing game.

    Regards,

    A concerned commander

    TLDR;

    Engineering is too pointlessly grindy, restrictive and boring decrease the total required Rolls by 33%. Help the game become better by decreasing the grind please spread the word.

    submitted by /u/minimumeffortplease
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment