• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 10, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 10, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 10, 2020)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My first ELW!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    The Thargoid hornet nest - more than 150 nonhuman signal sources and a giant ball of nope in Asterope

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Had a period where I'd always land before logging out, a bit tedious but got some nice screens

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    30,000Ly from home, I gazed into the abyss. This is the result.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Took this screenshot by mistake and it turns out to be one of my best.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    After countless hours of rank grinding, I finally have an Imperial Cutter! Bask in her glory!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Took a trip to the center of the Galaxy recently. Did not expect to find this.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    The latest from the Janky Table Shipyards. Probably coulda done a better job painting, but I needed to cover it quickly, fresh resin prints smell HORRIBLE. She's 1/1000 scale, so I have her next to some other familiar ships at that scale. Makes me appreciate just how nimble the Orca actually is~

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    First time

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Didn't really know what to expect out of this. I don't usually play these kind of games, but this one seemed interesting enough to give it a shot, so I bought it, installed it and fired it up.

    First thought - this is absolutely gorgeous!

    So I did the tutorial, did the first mission for 10k credits and decided I'm gonna try for an easy encrypted data storage mission roughly 6LY ahead.

    I leave the station, jump to the location and immediately end up next to a OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS GIANT RED BALL OF FLAME! I don't know where the canister is, so I fiddle around with the menus trying to scan for it. As soon as I start tracking it, my ship starts beeping, every indicator is going nuts and I see message after message of equipment being shutdown due to heat damage.

    I somehow manage to escape a fiery death and head towards the canister, shoot past it by A LOT, then head back and crash right into it.

    Did manage to scoop it up the 3rd time though.

    Heading back to the station, the hard part should be done now. As I approach the station, I disengage from Supercruise, request docking permission and try to autodock.

    Nothing happens... So I try to autodock again. NOTHING!

    Turns out one of the pieces of equipment that was damaged was the autodock thingy (?), so this is only my 3rd time docking (first 2 part of the tutorial) and I have to do it manually!!!

    But in the end, that's what sold me on the game - the feeling of a successful manual dock, with me bumping into the entrance of the station only once, is something no other game I've played has managed to replicate.

    10/10

    submitted by /u/leovingi
    [link] [comments]

    Mapping lucrative planets in my DBX

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Ethereal Abandoned Base

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    The New Pilots Initiative Carrier The Petronas has returned today after its round trip to Colonia , using a staggering 21,000 tons of Tritum . It was worth every credit and every minute of my time to get some players more enjoyment out of this game.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Leaving a Neutron Star Ring's Frame of Reference

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    3 black holes in 1 system

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    A trip to the black.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    "What the hell is that thing?"

    I'd been in the black for 2 months without contact with another human. I was taking the scenic route to Sag A, figured I'd attach my name to a few systems along the way. Based on the number of untouched systems I'd come across, I was right to cut from Mammon to Sag A instead of from the bubble. But it had become routine. Drop out of hyperspace, scan the system, scoop, check the system's contents, deep scan anything interesting (or valuable), then on to the next point. I didn't bother checking the names of any of the systems, they were all scientific gibberish anyway.

    Then I jumped into this system. 51 objects, a nice reprieve from hyperspace while I scanned them. Seven gas giants, four with rings.

    Wait. Six of those are giants, but one of those isn't a giant.

    "What the hell is that thing?" I mutter to myself, brow furrowed. The computer shows no data on what it is I'm looking at. It appears to be a gas giant with a ring on the screen, but the computer isn't classifying it as such. It has no classification whatsoever.

    I set it as my target and take the two-minute supercruise. Endgame's engines hum softly, but I've been out in the black for so long I normally don't notice them. I'm filled with anticipation. Could this be a new type of planet entirely? Would my name be attached to it for the rest of history? This is why I'm out here, after all. To find something to put me in the history files, to make my mark on the galaxy.

    I approach the unknown planet, and the first thing I notice is the ring system. It's enormous. I've never seen a ring system so large. One of the planet's moons is nearly within the outermost edge of the rings, it may be on the road to becoming part of it soon. I drop my speed and fire up the scanners. The rings are largely empty of valuable resources, so I turn my attention away from their awesome size to the planet they're orbiting.

    The scanner refuses to lock onto the planet. What the hell? I try again. It still can't lock on. What kind of planet can I not lock onto? I move Endgame in for a closer look. Closer. Closer.

    Suddenly I'm ripped from supercruise and my engines immediately warn me they're overheating. In that moment I think for the first time to check my scanner. It's a dwarf star! Damn my curiosity, and doubly damn my failure to identify a STAR. I spin Endgame's nose around and try to jump away, dumping my heatsink as I do. The ship breaks away from the star's gravitational pull and I breathe a sigh of relief.

    A quick check of the systems shows no damage done, so my repair systems can stay powered down. In frustration I slam my fists into the arms of my command chair. "It was a STAR. Of course it was a star! It was orbiting the larger stars, and had rings and "moons," but it was a STAR. Why didn't the computer tell me it was a star?!" I open the system map and double check. The system doesn't directly indicate that it's a star, but the naming convention and display is identical to the other 3 stars in the system. Even my short range scanner clearly indicates the damn thing is a star. Anyone with half a brain would have been able to see it was a star before they dropped into the gravity well.

    I slam my fists again, then I chuckle. "I'm terrible at this," I tell myself. I drop back out of supercruise and shut down the exterior lights, and run my hands through my hair. "I need a walk."

    submitted by /u/hiddengirl1992
    [link] [comments]

    Cutter and Type 6 snuggles

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Ringed Earth-like and a Red Giant

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    Just got my Corvette. What color should I paint it?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    i love my miming icutter

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    S171 18 1C. I picked a bad spot to record a timelapse sunrise/sunset. 48 hours of night, 12 hours of day. Hard to dedicate so much idle time, one shot/minute = almost 4,000 files. One of these days when I'm ready for a break from the game I'll try again, on a smaller body with a shorter day.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Apart from all the things that are widely expected and what has now been confirmed, I hope Odyssey will also expand on already existing features like biological / geological phenomena. I just like finding stuff like this.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Elite: 8WD Endurance Rally - Race 2 Highlights - Wasat Stage A - Stage B will follow later this week!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    I dub thee, 'The Rose Constellation' - Bleia Dryiae HH-S D5-101

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    Generation Ship Thetis clue found

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment