• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 17, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 17, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 17, 2020)

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "Tally-Ho!"

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Abduction

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    For those of you who sort by new, my first screenshot.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    Mini space ship

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    Some Cookies and Cream to go with your Milky Way

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    You may be cool but are you this cool ('scuse the bad fps lmao)

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    Frontier Mathematics

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    [Halo Drums beat ominously in the background]

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    My first Anaconda! Sorry but I had to... :D

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    German randomness in tutorial challenges?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    You Know I'm Here Right?!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I'm continuing the sacred tradition of the Asp in front of things.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Didn't think I would see this inside a station

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    3000ly below the galactic plane. Was a long journey but worth.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    Grind completed!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    Just the two last screenshots I took before not playing a month. Wish I could have more time to experience this game again... I kinda miss it. (Im not sick or anything, just dont have time to play anymore)

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Thought it said Ls at first. Doing it for the mug!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Blew myself up yesterday. 4 weeks of exploration gone.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    I had just logged in for the day, and decided to start by collecting some engineering materials, specifically targeting selenium as there was a planet with a reasonable percentage. Finished up after about half an hour, docked my SRV and taken off. Hit my key binds for Select Next System, 100% Throttle and Engage Hyperspace, and got a whole bunch of warnings because I forgot I hadn't re-plotted my route from log in, my landing gear was still down and I was mass locked because I was only about 100m from the surface.

    Whilst all of this is going on, my son was poking around in the kitchen pantry because he has been learning to read. He was moving some of the boxes around to read the labels. In the process of doing this, he moved something that caused a glass jar of instant coffee to be knocked out of the cupboard and it smashed on the floor. Scared the piss out of me.

    I've immediately stopped worrying about what I'm doing in game, and raced over to pick him up as I was the only one in the house wearing shoes. He's absolutely devastated. He had already broken a few things earlier that morning, which were easily fixed, but this made a mess and I was shouting at him to not move. My wife and I get him into the bathroom, clean up his feet and legs, checked to make sure he hadn't walked on any glass shards, and looked for any cuts. He had a small one on his shin, but was otherwise unharmed. I go back out to the kitchen, sweep up enough to get a band-aid (bandage) for his cut, put it on, then return to finish cleaning and dispose of the debris.

    When I finished all of this I returned to my PC. Your ship has been destroyed. Rebuy screen. 4 weeks of exploration gone. I only get a couple of hours a day. I'd been feeling a bit depressed for the last week, hadn't managed more than a few minutes in game before I just didn't feel like it any more. Today was the first time in nearly a week that I felt good, that I felt like I could achieve. I hadn't achieved any more. This has put me lower than were I was at the start of the week. That screen represented over 16,000Ly of exploration, 4 weeks of my time (something I don't have a whole lot of) basically wasted. And it hurts, a lot more than I think it should, after all, it's only digital 1's and 0's.

    I don't know what to do. I don't know what I want to do. I don't know how I should feel. I just don't know. And it sucks. Because this shouldn't be a big deal. But it is.

    Thanks for reading, I know that you can ask Frontier to fix up one mistake, but I don't want to do that. I didn't make a mistake, I made a choice. And I would make the same one again.

    Fly safe, o7 CMDRs

    submitted by /u/gkar_falcon
    [link] [comments]

    I guess there can be some positives on killing yourself 4k Ly from SagA, while trying to land at a Biological site and not checking the gravity of the planet. I didn't find this unexplored ELW just 250 Ly from Colonia the first time.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    Quick trip to Alnitak, that is one blue star!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Top of the Milkyway with my bro

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Top of the Milkyway with my bro

    System name HIP 58832. It's 5319 ly above galactic plane and only reachable by fleet carrier. that was fun ride u/CyanidexHQ

    https://preview.redd.it/4u3531qabnh51.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a61e7c2786d25e4c98dd0ba5536eca724f0e497d

    submitted by /u/ermisares
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a game or an infinite beauty generator?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Hype police incoming....stay calm....first Odyssey stream tomorrow at 7 on twitch...stay calm....

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    Did I find the largest planet ever?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment